- Added oil patches to the seas, which function as a time-based income system
- Added the Ancient Collosal to the Night Elves; a wisp can merge its spirit with a Mountain Giant to create the massive unit capable of hurling boulders long distances
- With their Well of Wonder, the Night Elves can grow trees to create a defensive barrier anywhere within a large radius (They can no longer build walls)
- Orcs can build War Stations, mobile units that can repair machines and train Grunts, Raiders, and Axemen
- Humans can upgrade their walls to allow Archers to garrison and fire from them
- Mercenary naval units: Pirate ships that plunder from enemy units each attack, Gnomish repair vessels, a kamikaze Orc rowboat
- If a Hero kills the Dragon King, he reaches max experience
- Killing the Dragon King drops the lucrative "Dragon Gold" item, it's worth 10,000 gold
- Added high-resolution terrain textures for the Lordaeron tileset
- Decreased wait time for Prince
- Orcs and Humans have a "super unit." If the Orcs build 25 ogres, they acquire the Ogre Master, a powerful hero with unique spells.
- If the Humans build enough defensive structures, they acquire the Royal Family. First come the King who can create Vassal states, knight Royal Captains, and marry a Queen. When the Queen appears, the prince will also soon appear. The prince is himself a hero, but can choose to murder his father (you just have him attack your King) to become even more powerful.
- Vassals generate an income stream
- The "Knight" ability when applied to Royal Captains summons a horse, allowing the unit to become a Royal Crusader
- The Humans now have the "Enforce Prayer" ability at the Church. Activating it will allow a chance that an Angel appear in 5 minutes to provide extra defense to your forces
- The Dragon King now has a knock-back ability
- To make directing large armies even easier, every unit has a "Command Comrades" ability. Clicking anywhere on the map will order all units of its type to attack-move the target location
- Orcs, Humans, and Undead workers have an "advanced build" button; Night Elves can train Blood Elf engineers; you no longer have to purchase builder units as mercenaries
- Human footmen are promoted to Royal Captains once they accumulate 5 kills
- Night Elves can build a Blood Elf Observatory, which can reveal the entire map for 10 seconds
- To ease micromanagement of large armies, heroes have a "command coordinates" ability that allows them to order all of your military units to attack-move any point on the map.
- Races are now balanced
Other major features:
- Food limit is now 200
- Units' attack strength has been doubled
- Humans can upgrade Knights to Paladins. Paladins have a 25% chance of surviving the death of their horse to continue the battle as a foot soldier.
- Orcs can increase the armor of Ogres further with a special upgrade that equips them with shields
- Siege weapons have a badass explosion impact
- Abominations have been replaced by Hell Riders who can set building on fire with their raze ability
- Human archers have a flaming arrow ability that sets units on fire
- Siege towers can be garrisoned, and when garrisoned by archers can attack
- Kodo Beast Tower can be garrisoned by Troll Beserkers
- Undead can build the Lindormr Dragon, which can take off and land, functioning as both a land and air unit
- Dwarven Cannon team can lay mines
- When heroes die, they drop "spoils," an item recoverable by both enemy or friendly heroes which gives the owner 250 gold
- an independent population limit for ships, just like in Age of Empires 3, which avoids problematic trade-offs between land and sea units
- Many more unique units and abilities!
NOTE: This map is designed to be played LAN with a friend, since the AI will not take advantage of many of the features.
UPDATE: Fixed some of the tool tip errors and balanced creeps.
Thank you to the many talented artists who have submitted their work to this website's resource section. Your work is very high quality and I am indebted to many of you.
forelmashi (for the map template), HFR, Balnnazar, Beepo, Callahan, Blade.dk, Blizzard Entertainment, Cookie, Darky27, Dmitry Rommel, Elven Spellmake, General Frank, Ghan_04, olofmolem, Miseracor, General Frank,Hueter, Happy Tauren, FrIkY, Amigurumi, jatter2, Kitabatak, Tenebrae, Illidan(Evil)X, Hubcool, ahtiandr, IceFrog, maskedpoptart, Metzen, Moyack, Paladon, Pitzer Mike, PurplePoot, quaisio, richie_lich, Red XIII, Rising_Dusk, Strategy Master, The_Mechanic, Tiki, Tim., Vexorian, w3catlegio, Whitehornm, Tranquil, Olofmoleman, Mechanical Man, wingednosering, Kallimachos
This mod attempts to realize what could be if Blizzard develops Warcraft IV to be more traditional RTS. Heroes retain an important role but are no longer the centerpiece. Armies are larger. Weapons are more powerful. Hundreds of custom abilities and units have been added in addition to new gameplay systems.
This map contains the mod's major features: a fully functional navy, the offensive and defensive gameplay systems, an oil economic-control point system.