How to translate the mod to your own language:
- Find the mod installation path and the folder Localization, you find there English localization files of the mod as the source files for you
- Find the localization files of your language used by your game, usually:
c:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Might and Magic Heroes VII\Localization
Hint: The files usually use the suffix of your language (except INT for English) - so if your language is Czech for example, they end with CZE and can be found in CZE folder
- Create new folder in your documents and copy all files with the same name (but different suffix) as the ones from the mod, from the path (above) to it
Example (your language is Czech for the example):
You download the English localization for the mod which includes folders Content/INT and the files Building_Fortress.int and Creature_AirElemental.int inside.
You go to c:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Might and Magic Heroes VII\Localization/Content/CZE and copy the files Building_Fortress.cze and Creature_AirElemental.cze to a new folder which will include your localization.
- Open both files (if they don't open in default, assign some simple text editor to open them), the English one and the one in your language
Example: open Creature_AirElemental.cze and Creature_AirElemental.int
- Go to the end of the English file (the one with .int at the end) - you should find the line with "UCP Mod" there. That means that all the translations you need to make are BELOW the UCP line.
IMPORTANT: There might be more UCP headings, make sure you found the first one. If there is none, there is no change to be translated.
- Use some keywords (CTRL+F search) to find what is below the UCP in the English file in the files in your language and change their translation according to the English text. If the text block with the same name does not exist in your native language file, copy it from the English one as it has been created as a new one (plus translate its content of course).
Read carefully, the mistake can be in indirect links to numbers like %buff.buff - always replace the ones in your language with the English (Mod) updated/fixed ones
- Save the files and continue with the next file
- Once you finish, send us your translations to upload them to this page to share them with others.
- Localization path for Steam users is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Might & Magic Heroes VII\MMH7Game\Localization
- All localization files beginning with Creature_XXX include only the following change (despite no "UCP" mark): At the end of each creature's description, the information about rare resources necessary for its recruitment have been added.
- If there is already a previous mod version in the language you translate, translate only the strings below UCP 1.1 headings (sometimes the older translations will be further improved or overwritten, though)