Ultimate Apocalypse is a mod for Dawn of War Soulstorm, which aims to create the most diverse possible unit and faction selection within the confines of the original DOW engine. We strive to create the most engaging and balanced Warhammer 40,000 game that we can, without sacrificing the fun factor. From hordes of Orks to the towering Titans, you can always find a new way to play UA. We invite all of you to join us on our Discord server to keep up with the development of the mod!

Forum Thread
SoB AI Intentionally Locked into Tier 2? (Games : Dawn of War : Mods : Ultimate Apocalypse Mod (DOW SS) : Forum : Feedback : SoB AI Intentionally Locked into Tier 2?) Locked
Thread Options
Jan 4 2020 Anchor

Recently updated from a much older version and noticed the SoB AI would not advance to higher-tech tiers no matter the game settings, the AI files confirmed this.

I haven't seen any mention of this in the patch notes but in the "Data\ai\races\sisters_race\strategies\sistersstrategyinfo.ai" file around line 63 is the following:

"{ 2, 700, 150, 0, 2, "Building", "sisters_hq" }, -- Crashes along this point --[[{ 2, 500, 500, 1000, 1, "Addon", "addon_sisters_hq_2" },
{ 3, 210, 30, 0, 1, "Unit", "sisters_squad_retributor" }, { 3, 320, 140, 0, 1, "Unit", "sisters_squad_repentia" }, { 3, 120, 260, 0, 1, "Unit", "sisters_squad_exorcist_tank" }, { 3, 25, 90, 0, 80, "TurretAddon", "addon_sisters_turret" }, { 3, 390, 190, 0, 1, "Building", "sisters_turret_heavy_flamer" }, { 3, 240, 160, 0, 100, "TurretAddon", "addon_sisters_list_post_2" }, { 3, 1000, 1000, 1500, 1,"Building", "sisters_shrine" },
{ 4, 180, 330, 0, 1, "Unit", "sisters_squad_exorcist_mk" }, { 4, 190, 390, 0, 1, "Unit", "sisters_squad_penitent_engine" }, { 4, 1000, 2500, 0, 1, "Building", "sisters_capitol_building" }, { 4, 390, 190, 0, 2, "Building", "sisters_turret_heavy_flamer" }, { 4, 1500, 1500, 2000, 1,"Research", "sisters_research_hammer" },
{ 5, 100, 100, 0, 1, "Building", "sisters_shrine_to_the_emperor" }, { 5, 2000, 2000, 0, 1, "Building", "sisters_missile_silo" }, { 5, 0, 0, 0, 100, "Addon", "addon_superweapon" }, { 5, 3000, 3000, 2500, 1,"Research", "sisters_apocalypse_research" }, { 6, 200, 60, 0, 1, "Unit", "sisters_squad_confessor" }, { 6, 250, 0, 0, 1, "Unit", "sisters_inquisitor_squad" }, { 6, 260, 40, 0, 1, "Unit", "sisters_squad_canoness" }, { 6, 800, 210, 0, 1, "Unit", "sisters_squad_nunciate_superior" }, { 6, 10000, 10000, 4000, 1,"Building", "sisters_krak" }]]"

Based on the comment and the blocked out code I assume this lockout from Tier 3 was intentionally done but I did not see any mention of the SoB AI being changed in this manner in any of the more recent patch notes. Obviously enabling the code causes the the game to crash sometime after the SoB reaches tier 3 so I had a few questions I was hoping someone could answer:

1. Anyone know if this issue existed in 1.88.71?

2. Has any progress been made on a fix for this internally? Would love to know even if the issue has been narrowed down and a specific unit or ability that could be disabled to allow the AI to tech up properly.

Thanks

Not sure if anyone cares but I was able to find and fix the issue for myself. After allowing the AI to advance in tiers I was able to narrow down the crash to the Soritas Bunker's AI. After some troubleshooting, I figured out that the issue was with the AI's selection of addons. It seems at some point a possible addon for the bunkers was removed and the AI was still trying to randomly select from 3 addons but was crashing since there are only 2 available on the addon table now. If anyone is interested in fixing this for themselves they can do the following:

open Data\ai\races\sisters_race\tactics\sistersbunkertactic.ai

navigate to line 48 which should say: "local add 0,2 )"

change line 48 to: "local add 0,1 )"

open Data\ai\races\sisters_race\strategies\sistersstrategyinfo.ai

On line 63 delete the "--[[" before " { 2, 500, 500, 1000, 1, "Addon", "addon_sisters_hq_2" }," and the corresponding "]]" at the end of the block

Optional

While the AI will function just fine with the above changes they will still not upgrade their commander's levels or gear so you can do the following to enable them (the AI still doesn't do a great job of getting them but they will usually get at least 3-4 levels in a 35-45min game)

Open Data\ai\strategies\sistersbuildbasestrategy.ai

delete the "--" before each "sisters_wargear_upgrade_0X" and "sisters_wargear_upgrade_research" and move them into appropriate spots in the research order above as you see fit.

Edited by: crimmy19

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.