Ultimate Apocalypse is a mod for Dawn of War Soulstorm, which aims to create the most diverse possible unit and faction selection within the confines of the original DOW engine. We strive to create the most engaging and balanced Warhammer 40,000 game that we can, without sacrificing the fun factor. From hordes of Orks to the towering Titans, you can always find a new way to play UA. We invite all of you to join us on our Discord server to keep up with the development of the mod!

Forum Thread
Poll: When do you want 1.72? (675 votes)
Event - Version 1.72 Vote! (Games : Dawn of War : Mods : Ultimate Apocalypse Mod (DOW SS) : Forum : Fan Thread : Event - Version 1.72 Vote!) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3
Mar 11 2013 Anchor

The vote is over!!!! - 3/27/13

It is definitely obviously 100% super duper official that 1.72 will be released next month in April, with the winning vote odds 5 to 1.

Thank you everyone for voting! The thread is now locked because the vote is over now.

If you have any reason in mind to have this thread unlocked, please PM me and I'll have that request taken care of. :)

Again, thank you everyone for your opinions on the release! The next release will be next month officially.
------------- ------------------ ------------------------ ----------------------- --------------------- --------------------- ---------------

Ultimate Apocalypse Version 1.72 Vote!

Hello fans, players, newbies, and UA Team. I need your help deciding on when or how to release the version 1.72 patch for Ultimate Apocalypse. It is confirmed that version 1.72 will be absolutely a big patch. It is also confirmed that 1.72 is almost complete with its general purposes. It will add and fix the campaign, remove most game breakers, fix all bugs reported in 1.71 that needs fixing, balance issues fixed, new units, and more, much more. This is really good. However, it is not finished yet, and there is still a lot of things to do for a version 1.72 finale.

HERE ARE YOUR OPTIONS!!!!

1. If you want the 1.72 patch this month, you will have:
  • Change log posted plus some other bug fixes not fixed yet.
  • New units
  • Updated models
  • New Voice acting for several units
  • New maps for skirmish
  • Campaign fixes
  • Global balance changes
  • Changes to each and every race
  • Several AI fixes
  • Revamped Space Marines
  • Revamped Chaos Marines
  • The Tyranids gameplay will be revamped with an all new and improved tech tree system
  • Nerfed commanders
  • New FX
  • New taskbars provided to all races (Thanks to Soulstormfan)
  • New cool superweapons and their FX
  • Major fixes posted in here
  • And more

2. Or wait until these items get completed:

• Revamped and improved Survival mode with fixed scar errors
  • Revamped Chaos Daemons
  • Revamped Inquisition Daemonhunters
  • Revamped Survival Mode
  • All Survival maps fixed with no scar errors
  • Improved and updated Apocalypse Rules wincondition based on including a timer function for the ultimate superweapon countdown.
  • Kaurava Campaign COMPLETELY working (It is working, but not UA compatible).
  • New turrets concept, improved, made better, and reworked.
  • AI Titans to battle against.
  • Grenades concept totally working.
  • Improved general gameplay with less game breaking bugs.
  • New and improved FX
  • Fixed Void Shields
  • More maps
  • More units
  • More structures
  • Better and improved AI
  • Little more to do and some extra testing to make things work

Again, please read that article for more information. So vote! The poll is right above!

For those of you who have voted before reading the article on what 1.72 will contain, it is recommended you do so...

Edited by: Lord_Cylarne

Mar 11 2013 Anchor

Who are you people? Let us play the game and have them update in 1.73! Or better yet, just release 1.72 now for people to play until you guys are done!

Mar 11 2013 Anchor

Hey,Doofus,don't rush it,if you think you need more time - then spend more time.It would be better even if you completed what you've planned before,and check the mod again on problems,bugs,etc.

Mar 11 2013 Anchor

I'm up for waiting. Take your time, do what ya gotta do, and show me those revamps!

Mar 11 2013 Anchor

@guy who posted first: Well we are not releasing it now because it is not complete yet. If the vote comes down to this month, I can just restore the default gameplay and work on the concepts for 1.73. But as is... VERY nice, everybody will be satisfied.

The concepts are all done and pretty for one faction at least, but waiting for version 1.73 will be even longer (damn forgot to state that in the article!)... the plans I got for that is going to be huger. If you wait for version 1.72 next month, you can almost guarantee the via for mentioned, but it'll be a long wait for those who had enough with 1.71.

It is a snag for some modders to run into, basically. There is no inbetween. :\

Want this month = mwa ha ha
Wait next month = mwa ha ha

in between = no no bad release and rushed

Mar 11 2013 Anchor

Please make a easy way to Instal the MOD .

Mar 11 2013 Anchor

Um... we made it as easy as possible, bro. :\ Installations all over the place, and this...

Moddb.com

Mar 11 2013 Anchor

*vox signal crackles to life*

Hi again Lord_Doofus, we are still hard at working mutilating/burning/singing lullabies to/and catapulting the Gretchen in the time it is taking to get this 1.72 patch out and are having fun doing so, right Bob?

*muffled ascent and high pitched screaming in the background*
Bob says 'Yah', so we can safely cast our vote to wait for the death of the False Emperors' lackeys and general mayhem... I mean we have waited now... ...

*Away from the vox caster mike*
How the hell long we been waiting now 10 thousand or 11 thousand years? Anyone... what am I talking to myself. Jerks.

*Back to the vox caster mike*
Like 10 thousand years or so, no big deal. Anyway, we do want all the nice bits and bobbles in the final release patch so we can truly flew our gene enhanced muscles to the fullest in praise of those ruinous powers we are always going on about. So Take your time. We got plenty of these little fellas to disembowel.

Skulls for the skull throne and yours in damnation Hadrianus and Bob... Bob? BOB WHAT IN THE ABYSS! GET THAT OUT OF ITS MOUTH!!! NO DON'T LET IT PULL THE PIN ON THAT MELTABO--

*vox signal cuts off abruptly*

THEONLYDarkShadow
THEONLYDarkShadow The Entity of Chaos
Mar 11 2013 Anchor

Honestly, what you have ready right now is big enough to keep people satisfied over a period of a month. I say you release what you have now as version 1.715 and release the rest when it's ready as version 1.72. Why hold back a ton of stuff that's already done when you can release it now and work on the rest as people enjoy the completed things? It won't hurt the mod to release what you have now, will it?

--

Dawn of War Mod Manager (Version 1.2 - 2016/03/21)

Dawn of War Mod Manager

A mod manager for Dawn of War, Winter Assault, Dark Crusade and Soulstorm. Eliminates common problems with launching mods, such as not having required mods or the correct version of required mods installed. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Mar 11 2013 Anchor

Dude above me has the right answer, can it be done?? i want it now and i bet everyone else does too!
but, we all want it at its best so if that means waiting... ='[ ill wait

Mar 11 2013 Anchor

I agree with THEONLYDarkShadow. I would much rather have all that amazing stuff now and have the rest in a future patch!

Mar 11 2013 Anchor

Yeah I don't see why we should have to choose :S why not have both? Release this version now and the completed version next month (or whenever) along with the bug fixes generated from the feedback received.

Mar 11 2013 Anchor

I personally really like to play the kaurava campaign. And considering it is broken my choise should be very clear.
First fix the game, then add new features. I can wait for the latter, but the waiting for the first really frustrates me...

Anyways, The plans you have for the release (whether it comes quickly or we will have to wait another month) are awesome! I really want to play with all the new features you guys are putting in.

Mar 11 2013 Anchor

I would rather have the update later and more complete then now and only half done. Sure you can make the rest 1.73, but it's only one extra month. I think we can wait just a little longer.

Mar 11 2013 Anchor

I just want to play the Kaurava campaign...

Edited by: lordlandraid

Mar 12 2013 Anchor

Ok, with the "delayed" release feature it is written that the Kaurava Campaign is "COMPLETELY working (It is working, but not UA compatible)"... Sorry but, what exactly do you mean by not UA compatible?

Mar 12 2013 Anchor

DarkShadow wrote: Honestly, what you have ready right now is big enough to keep people satisfied over a period of a month. I say you release what you have now as version 1.715 and release the rest when it's ready as version 1.72. Why hold back a ton of stuff that's already done when you can release it now and work on the rest as people enjoy the completed things? It won't hurt the mod to release what you have now, will it?

No. Again like I stated before you guys posted something like this, there is no "inbetween". I got a good concept going, and I either revert it for this months release, or continue it. It will take time either way. :P

Someone wrote: And considering it is broken my choise should be very clear.

It's not broken anymore, bro. It's just not 100% UA compatible via strongholds. :P

Again, the 1.72 is not broken, it's just unfinished...

Someone wrote: Sorry but, what exactly do you mean by not UA compatible?

Strongholds done with personal UA changes. :P

Mar 12 2013 Anchor

naustghoul wrote: *vox signal crackles to life*

Hi again Lord_Doofus, we are still hard at working mutilating/burning/singing lullabies to/and catapulting the Gretchen in the time it is taking to get this 1.72 patch out and are having fun doing so, right Bob?

*muffled ascent and high pitched screaming in the background*
Bob says 'Yah', so we can safely cast our vote to wait for the death of the False Emperors' lackeys and general mayhem... I mean we have waited now... ...

*Away from the vox caster mike*
How the hell long we been waiting now 10 thousand or 11 thousand years? Anyone... what am I talking to myself. Jerks.

*Back to the vox caster mike*
Like 10 thousand years or so, no big deal. Anyway, we do want all the nice bits and bobbles in the final release patch so we can truly flew our gene enhanced muscles to the fullest in praise of those ruinous powers we are always going on about. So Take your time. We got plenty of these little fellas to disembowel.

Skulls for the skull throne and yours in damnation Hadrianus and Bob... Bob? BOB WHAT IN THE ABYSS! GET THAT OUT OF ITS MOUTH!!! NO DON'T LET IT PULL THE PIN ON THAT MELTABO--

*vox signal cuts off abruptly*

That was a little creepy! :nervous:

Edited by: Angel_of_Death2

--

Eldar

Mar 12 2013 Anchor

I will wait it until the next month :)
And hope everything will be in order like what we are expected
:rambo:

Mar 12 2013 Anchor

Hmm.... I've got an idea. :D

Brilliant idea to solve both problems. *cracks fingers*

Mar 13 2013 Anchor

Angel_of_Death2 wrote:
That was a little creepy! :nervous:

You should see his other posts XD

Mar 13 2013 Anchor

Do as you have too. I prefere to wait and to have everything in one time, that half now. :)
As Jean de la Fontaine would say : "Patience et longueur de temps valent mieux que force ni que rage." Don't you agree ? :>

Mar 13 2013 Anchor

As the poll clearly shows, most of us want the patch to be finished. I don't think anything is going to catch up to that 73%.

Mar 13 2013 Anchor

Lord_Doofus wrote: Hmm.... I've got an idea. :D

Brilliant idea to solve both problems. *cracks fingers*

please... do tell =p

Mar 13 2013 Anchor

@NeroGen: Err... sarcasm?

I was thinking to release a rather decent hotfix anyways this week, involving a playable campaign and mission 2 fixed. :O

Otherwise, 1.72 as is won't satisfy... or satisfy yet enrage people who likes to play the mod. xD

Someone wrote: As the poll clearly shows, most of us want the patch to be finished. I don't think anything is going to catch up to that 73%.

I'm not sure if I made the wait sound epic...

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.