Ultimate Apocalypse is a mod for Dawn of War Soulstorm, which aims to create the most diverse possible unit and faction selection within the confines of the original DOW engine. We strive to create the most engaging and balanced Warhammer 40,000 game that we can, without sacrificing the fun factor. From hordes of Orks to the towering Titans, you can always find a new way to play UA. We invite all of you to join us on our Discord server to keep up with the development of the mod!

Forum Thread
Bugs Report - 1.88.7 (Games : Dawn of War : Mods : Ultimate Apocalypse Mod (DOW SS) : Forum : Feedback : Bugs Report - 1.88.7) Locked
Thread Options 1 2
Jun 24 2019 Anchor

Starting a new up to date bug report thread.

Wierdboy should be renamed to Weirdboy. Name is spelled incorrectly.

Lootas are missing their teleport ability. Unit description clearly states they can teleport without a big mek attached.

Vanguard Veterans do not gain access to the teleport ability when the personal teleporters wargear has been researched. Lore-wise they should be equipped with jumpacks instead of teleporters, as the lore dictates.

Leman Russ Annihilator sponson lascannons has heavy bolter firing FX. Fix this for the IG themed patch.

The words standard bearers for both the SM and IG flag bearers are a bit too spaced out from each other.

Edited by: Khoran_Gutsplitter

Jun 27 2019 Anchor

Missing textures on certain space marine vehicles (coming up as pink boxes)

Jun 27 2019 Anchor

Khoran_Gutsplitter Thanks man!

We will implement these into 1.9.

alchron413 Please downlaod the 1.88.71 patch which fixes them and adds mroe new stuff.

Jun 28 2019 Anchor

Ok thanks, will update to that version asap

Edit: Is there an actual patch or just redownload the newest full package?

Edited by: alchron413

Jun 28 2019 Anchor

alchron413 full package.

Jun 30 2019 Anchor

Hey there, so I just downloaded the mod yesterday, and I keep having this problem where when I'm playing (normally in skirmish). I will start up a game, generally as Imperial Guard but this happens when I play other factions too, where a couple minutes into a game, either most or all units on the map will just turn invisible. There's no placeholders or texture errors that I can see. I simply cannot see them, or strategic points for that matter. Everything is still there and functions, but they are all invisible. Does anyone else have this problem? It's not like I just don't have the textures, because when I first start the match, everything looks fine. Would appreciate any help or solutions.

Jun 30 2019 Anchor

Having a multiplayer problem. WAs playing a 2v2 vs AI. I am Orkz, my friend is Tau. Enemy AI are Tyranids/Imp Guard. As soon as the game starts, one of us will bug out. The bugged player has no vision and can't produce or do anything. It's plagued most of our games so far, and I've no idea what could be causing it. We played a game of 1v1 Tyranids VS Imp Guard and a game of 1v1 Tyranids vs Tau and it worked fine.

Jul 26 2019 Anchor

Hello! I noticed when activating "AI cant purchase hero upgrades" before playing a solo game that the ai still does, is there a secondary area i need to check to make them stop purchasing upgrades?

Jul 29 2019 Anchor

Researching "Space Marines (general)" unlocks the Force Commander. Upgrading the command units to terminator armor removes the Force Commander. Is this intended?

Also, the firing sound for the new SM scout weapon (silenced assault rifles or whatever) are missing or bugged.

Edited by: Viper_86

Jul 29 2019 Anchor

Yes Viper_86.He is turned into the FC terminator version.

As for teh Silencers,download the version 1.88.71 from Modb and install.

Jul 30 2019 Anchor

My bad, meant to post this in the 1.88.71 thread, since that is the version i'm using, will append bugs there.

Also, just to clarify, the FC is supposed to be not recruitable anymore once you upgrade command units to terminator armor? That seems kind of strange to me. You might want to update the descriptions in game if that's actually intended.

Aug 1 2019 Anchor

In Necron tutorial there is no way to tier up for second tier

In Chaos Space Marine the objective to build a horror squad from sacrificial pit can not be accompished because they are removed from chaos space marines (possiblity to chaos daemons)

In Dark Eldar tutorial the objective to add incubus to archon is impossible due to removed add incubus icon.

The Chaos Daemons and Inquision Daemonhunters tutorials won't start due to an error "Fatal scar error - execution paused"

Tyranid tutorial starts but the guide won't give any quest and even if you destroy the enemy the game does not end

Edited by: Buzbey

Sep 3 2019 Anchor

Hello, I'm having a problem and don't know if only happening to me. While play with IG when upgrade the Heavy Bolter Turret to Punisher Cannon this doesn't change to the Punisher Cannon, it still being Heavy Bolter Cannon; also when I upgrade to Vanquisher Cannon appear Missile Turret. Can you tell me if only happen to me or it's a bug. Thanks a lot for attention. Greetings.

Oct 3 2019 Anchor

Love your work, since new patch can not close AI slots. In a 4 player map for example if I try and close one of the slots there are always 4 players :(

Dec 25 2019 Anchor

(removed, cuz I'm a noob) Sorry for the spam

:D

Edited by: z1mt0n1x

Feb 16 2020 Anchor

Hi, I round a graphics bug. When upgraded in the armory space marines does not display the Golden skull correctly. It strangely levitates at the foots, while It should appese on the shoulder. Any fix?

Mar 1 2020 Anchor

Not sure what's going on, but some of my unit descriptions and upgrade descriptions are bugged, either not showing up, or having a message that says the description is bugged and the author will fix it later. Despite that, I'm confident they worked before.

Mar 18 2020 Anchor

Hello

I have a Problem if i play Chaos i cant build a Plague Reaper our Renegade Troopers.

Had the Same Problem with the last Version but no answer to waht went wrong.

Did a Clean Install of the Base Game and Clean Install of the Mod.

--

Mar 18 2020 Anchor
Cerberus-999 wrote:

Hello

I have a Problem if i play Chaos i cant build a Plague Reaper our Renegade Troopers.

Had the Same Problem with the last Version but no answer to waht went wrong.

Did a Clean Install of the Base Game and Clean Install of the Mod.

I actually answered this same question in the download comments recently:

The files for both still exist, in fact, the code for the AI to build them still exists as well except for some reason the ability to build them was removed. I'd assume they were removed due to a possible stability issue that didn't get added to the patch notes but I have seen this question asked a few times and haven't seen an answer from the mod devs.

Adding them back to the game is actually very simple since all you have to do is edit the spawner_ext > squad_table for the chaos_hq and chaos_machine_pit structures and add sbps\races\chaos\chaos_squad_renegades.lua and sbps\races\chaos\chaos_squad_baneblade.lua to each respectively in any mod editor.

I did test out the renegades briefly and a Chaos Marine AI did also make and use them but I don't know if there are any issues that could arise in longer games due to these units so anyone wishing to add them back to their game should be aware of that.

I'd like to add that I have been playing with both units enabled since I looked into this and haven't noticed any issues in nearly two weeks of enabling them.

Mar 21 2020 Anchor

Wincondition addon_startingarmy_elites has a typo in line 58 for Tau. It has "vespid auxillary" while unit in resources is named "vespid auxiliary". Causes scar error on start of the match.

Mar 30 2020 Anchor

Hello

I have a problem since patch 1.88.5. When i lauch a game against AI in solo, they don't build advanced buildings and units. they seem stuck in tier and only produce basics unit (space marines only produce tacticals marines without upgraded weapons for example). The only race that expands normally is chaos deamons, and since 1.88.6 it seems that dark eldar devellop normally now. I thought it was just a bug that would be fixed in the next patch but I downloaded the last one today and launch a game and the bug still appear. I desinstalled and reinstalled the patch a lot of time but it did nothing.

I hope that someone can help me because I love UA I have hundred hours on the game and I'm sad that I cannot play anymore (sorry for my english it's not my first language)

Mar 30 2020 Anchor
Merlinator010 wrote:

Hello

I have a problem since patch 1.88.5. When i lauch a game against AI in solo, they don't build advanced buildings and units. they seem stuck in tier and only produce basics unit (space marines only produce tacticals marines without upgraded weapons for example). The only race that expands normally is chaos deamons, and since 1.88.6 it seems that dark eldar devellop normally now. I thought it was just a bug that would be fixed in the next patch but I downloaded the last one today and launch a game and the bug still appear. I desinstalled and reinstalled the patch a lot of time but it did nothing.

I hope that someone can help me because I love UA I have hundred hours on the game and I'm sad that I cannot play anymore (sorry for my english it's not my first language)

What game rules (win conditions, addons/restrictions, army size modifiers etc.) are you using? There are some which will break the AI, specifically their ability to advance in tiers due to the way the AI scripting is done. Also simply using too many game rules can also break the AI.

The other possibility is the AI is getting "stuck" in its build order due to the geometry of the map itself and how the AI is scripted to layout it's base AI builders sometimes have issues getting to a building to actually construct it even though it is in a perfectly accessible location. The only solution to this is to destroy the unbuilt structure, build it yourself (in the case of an AI ally) or tweak the map(s) you are using yourself to try to limit such locations.

In the last patch 1.88.72 all races can progress in tiers fine aside from the above in my experience except the sisters of battle which were limited due to a bug with their bunkers. I recommend upgrading to 1.88.72 or trying the brand new 1.88.73 that just released today.

Mar 30 2020 Anchor
crimmy19 wrote:
Merlinator010 wrote:

Hello

What game rules (win conditions, addons/restrictions, army size modifiers etc.) are you using? There are some which will break the AI, specifically their ability to advance in tiers due to the way the AI scripting is done. Also simply using too many game rules can also break the AI.

The other possibility is the AI is getting "stuck" in its build order due to the geometry of the map itself and how the AI is scripted to layout it's base AI builders sometimes have issues getting to a building to actually construct it even though it is in a perfectly accessible location. The only solution to this is to destroy the unbuilt structure, build it yourself (in the case of an AI ally) or tweak the map(s) you are using yourself to try to limit such locations.

In the last patch 1.88.72 all races can progress in tiers fine aside from the above in my experience except the sisters of battle which were limited due to a bug with their bunkers. I recommend upgrading to 1.88.72 or trying the brand new 1.88.73 that just released today.

It seems that the problem was the rules... I played with AID-Builders, AI donations, win/loose annihlate, auto abilities, game timer, restriction : fortress defenses, restriction : game enders for AI. I remember playing with all those rules without bugs but I probably wasn't playing with them in the same time. Now I launched a game with only AID-builders and win/loose annihlate and the AI were no more stuck. I don't know what rule made the AI bug or if it was just because there were too many rules but now it's working !

So thank you very much for your reply, I don't know why I didn't think about the rules before but now I can play like before. You saved me ;)

Mar 30 2020 Anchor

No problem! Just an FYI it was most definitely the Restriction: Fortress Defenses that was the issue, you can add back the others. Though to my knowledge the Restriction: Game Enders for AI only doesn't actually work (as in the Ai will still build them) but you're welcome to try it in the version you are running and see if it works.

Apr 7 2020 Anchor

Hey guys. Quick question, do I just played a game with a Dark Eldar cpu and he didn't build anything for about 20mins? Also, how can I stop Tyranids from using their capillary towers and destroying my HQ? I turned all the end game scenarios off but it still seems to happen. And also, I killed (unbelievably) Angron last night, but it didn't look like all that players deamons died? Hard to say as all 3 bots were chaos demons and all had angron on the field. Thank you.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.