Ultimate Apocalypse is a mod for Dawn of War Soulstorm, which aims to create the most diverse possible unit and faction selection within the confines of the original DOW engine. We strive to create the most engaging and balanced Warhammer 40,000 game that we can, without sacrificing the fun factor. From hordes of Orks to the towering Titans, you can always find a new way to play UA. We invite all of you to join us on our Discord server to keep up with the development of the mod!

Forum Thread
Bug Report - Version 1.73.9 (Games : Dawn of War : Mods : Ultimate Apocalypse Mod (DOW SS) : Forum : Feedback : Bug Report - Version 1.73.9) Locked
Thread Options 1 2
Dec 19 2014 Anchor

Please state all possible or definite bugs that needs to be fixed in the next version, 1.74 (not the THB version).

This thread relates to version 1.73.9, 1.73's patch only. All later versions will be posted on other threads.

Please read the FAQ before posting.

Also if you at all combined any older versions of UA mod with 1.73, that is a no - no. Please reinstall with version 1.73 as only mod version to report bugs with.

There will be NO "I am missing Tyranids race" reports. I will simply delete your post if this happens.

Dec 19 2014 Anchor

When Hazard Suits are Hit with an anti-gravity Grenade, they shrink and bug out.

Riptides, are no longer even considered a Titan. They honestly didn't even need a damage Nerf, Now they struggle against Basic flying vehicles lol?

Edited by: iTziiMagiKx

Deuce_Savage
Deuce_Savage Warhammer 40,000 hamburgers to go, please!
Dec 20 2014 Anchor

Cant find the Tyranid list in the army painter. I tried every trick in the new module provided & still nothing & so had to go back & reuse module version 1.73.8 - renamed it to version 1.73.9 & that worked!

Why is the Tyranid lines numbered the same as #5's (line #6 is missing)? Shouldn't one be a #5 & the other a #6?

RequiredMod.1 = UltimateApocalypse
RequiredMod.2 = objective_points_SS
RequiredMod.3 = DXP2
RequiredMod.4 = W40k
//RequiredMod.5 = UltimateApocalypse_Tyranids
RequiredMod.5 = Tyranids
//RequiredMod.7 = UltimateApocalypse_Daemons
//RequiredMod.8 = Daemons
//RequiredMod.9 = UltimateApocalypse_Inquisition
//RequiredMod.10 = inquisition_daemonhunt_SS

--

In science fiction, fantasy, & art - anything goes baby!

Dec 22 2014 Anchor

Whenever I go into the tyranids version, it does not use the same profile with all my army colours in as the main mod.

Dec 22 2014 Anchor

john_doe_2011 wrote:

AndrewPowell wrote: Whenever I go into the tyranids version, it does not use the same profile with all my army colours in as the main mod.

It's no bug, the game itself was designed in that fashion. You can search for your stuff in the game folders and port it though. Google about it if you don't know how.

I have the right profile in the data so it is getting used in ultimate apocalypse. How do I get ultimate apocalypse: tyranids to read from the same one?

Edited by: AndrewPowell

Dec 24 2014 Anchor

In Tutorial mission.
Probably after creating second squad of Space Marines, give them a Sargeant and 2 extra guns. I made the Scouts' Infiltration upgrade in Armoury, selected my Scouts and started Infiltration. BAM, Fatal Scar Error... XD

Dec 25 2014 Anchor

Tutorial isn't compatible with the mod, sadly. To understand the basics, you must play Soulstorm vanilla tutorial and then work your way around the mechanics in UA.

Also, merry Christmas one and all!!!

Dec 26 2014 Anchor

How does infiltration work now? In the previous version nearly all units couldn't fire while infiltrated except the Eldar defensive structures near an infiltrated gate. Is that 'fixed' now? I really don't know why wasn't the vanilla system good for you people. :/

Dec 26 2014 Anchor

If an infiltrator unit is infiltrated and a target is in range it doesn't attack it. But if something reveals it, then it will start attacking stuff in it's range.

For example if Eldar rangers or something similar are infiltrated and they get even just temporarily revealed by something like IG HQ ability, the units will be able to attack, even if their infiltration ability is turned on.

-_- Vanilla DoWSS infiltration system was better. If you want to nerf that, then just make the units get revealed at each shot. That would still be much better than this.

Dec 27 2014 Anchor

I am just getting back into the mod after a 6 month stretch and (although i was never good) i seem to roll the ai now. Maybe its because im using necrons but in a ffa game with 3 ais and myself only the dark eldar build any semblance of an army. The opposing necron build 4 turrets and all his builders then just stopped until he was killed by another ai. It did absolutely nothing. The tau built some stuff but as a very inexperienced necron player i shouldn't be able to develop an army before the tau can get more than one skyray. I had a monolith for gods sake, that seems too slow even for a standard ai. The dark eldar was infinitely easier than it has been in the past but at least it built units and attacked my base when my army moved out and what not.

PS- Did you make the lower ai difficulties way easier because i use to have less than a 50% win rate against the standard ai in the 20 or so games i ever player, and now im rolling them everytime with basically no effort.

Dec 27 2014 Anchor

Sorry for my bad english:

Imperial Guard: If I try to build a unit that need more relic resources a pop-up say "not enough ork resource.You need 3.Build more waag banners"
 photo IMPERIAL_zps6af6545e.jpg

Tau: If I have a Orca transport and I try to select a group of units (or the ground empty) distant from that, it is selected only Tau transport even if it is far away.
So I can not select groups of units far enough away from the transport to move them. Instead, I can click and move the single unit .

photo TAU_zps3ffec529.jpg

Edited by: RODIO

Dec 29 2014 Anchor

I actually found 2 more issues
When i was playing a 3v3 assassin/annihilation game i noticed that one of the three hard ais on the other side ran his commander in to solo my chaos dreadnought (i had gone for an early dread to help with opposing melee) and he just sat there. The ai space marine just sat his units among my units (they fought back automatically of course) and they all died. The stuff wasn't dieing that quickly but it all simply died. It seems like the ai should make soe attempt to protect teh commanded in an assassination game.

The second issue was a far more significant problem. In the closing part of the game when my "team" and i were cleaning up the game suddenly crashed to windows. We were on that 3 vs. 3 basin map whose name i forget. My brass scorpion, possessed marines ad some termies were killing an eldar listening post generator and statue of the wailing doom (i believe thats what its called). Im inclined to think it may have had something to do with eh termies since they were brand new and the rest of the dreads and other units had been killing buildings before this point. Sorry i don't have more info on it i don't really know what my ai partners ( a dark eldar and a necron) were doing at this point and no error log popped up or anything. If you have any questions to clarify what im trying to say ill try to answer them.

Also, my game does not have a history of crashing so im fairly certain that it was not installation. It was however my first game with chaos this patch. Also in my game it was o no consequence since we were crushing them, but depended on the root of the problem it could possible be a problem for others.

Edited by: Praecordium

Dec 30 2014 Anchor

Every time I play UA, my winconditions/addons are as followed: Total Destruction, Massive Battles, Extreme Battles, Crazy Insane (way too much fun), Change Players, Restrict Game Enders (AI), and Extermination. I either play 6-player of 8-player maps either 3v3, 4v4, or FFA. Insane diffciulty too. My resources are quickstart with a high resource rate.

The Orks and Dark Eldar AI are the AI that do the most (more so Orks). The Sisters of Battle and Tau put up decent fights every now and then. For the most part, the AI of the other races (SPECIFICALLY THE ELDAR AND NECRONS) don't do much given how much requisition and power they're given. What's up with that?

In addition, does it make a difference if I have both Massive Battles and Extreme Battles compared to only having Extreme Battles? Sometimes, the max infantry/vehicle cap will be 135 (outside of Orks). However, there are other times where the max. cap will go to 240. I don't get that. How can I make sure to always get the max. cap at 240?

Jan 3 2015 Anchor

I'm not exactly sure what the problem is, but I am constantly getting a "sync-error" when I am playing multiplayer with my friends and AI. Just with a few friends, its fine, but with AI, we get sync-errors. I know this happens when one of us doesn''t have the exact same mod as the other such as 1.73.9 vs. 173.5. However, we all have the exact patch (1.73.9) and are wondering what the problem could be. We have even tried re-installing both the Tyranids Mod and UA itself, but it doesn't work. Does anybody have any suggestions or advise on the topic? I have spent several hours trying various methods but nothing works.
(P.S., we all have the Tyranid Mod installed and set it to the most recent UA game mode on Game Manager)
Thanks

Jan 4 2015 Anchor

BUG REPORT - BUG REPORT

Hello Master Doofus, I want to report a bug... well I don't know if this is a bug or it's do it intencionally but when playing with the IG, choose the Aircarft Doctrine (I can't remenber if this is his name) but I do it before research the Veteran Airborne Kasrskin and the Vulture research and when later I want use the Bombardment (the two icon in the last row) the icons did not appear therefore I can't use this resource in whole game... I built 4 Communication Tower (I don't remember the name of the structure) and none appear icons loosing the ability of one or multiple bombardment (no one) and this is awful. Thanks for your attention

Edited by: ralleo1980

Jan 4 2015 Anchor

Greetings, I have discover a bug with the Heavy Support turrets for Eldar. When building these turrets they appear to be floating in the wrong place. If I select my builder to place another building the area in which I built the turret is blocked as if the turret were in the correct place yet it remains floating out of position. This does not occur with the regular Support turret. Also, re-positioning them with a Webway does not correct the problem either. They remain floating in the spot they originally spawned ( not where i built it ) despite the hit/build box moving to the new position.

Edit: I'm a bit confused as to what the conditions are for this bug to appear at this point. I think it may be something with the vanilla maps. I recently played a game on an Apocalyzed map and the heavy support platforms deployed as intended. It could possibly have something to do with terrain elevation.. :-/ idk

Edited by: slimspadey101

Jan 7 2015 Anchor

Imperial Guard Airstrikes appear to be broken, AFTER the Aerial Doctrine is researched. And I don't mean only the multiple strikes. all of them. They disappear from Communications tower.

Plus, the General's Speech is also broken, I think. At least for the resources part. Not for the super heavy variants, but standard baneblade variants too.

thanks for your great work :)

Jan 18 2015 Anchor

All eldar tanks become immune to damage when they are near avatar. Avatar makes all units immune to morale and all eldar tanks using morale as a shield.

Jan 23 2015 Anchor

I've noticed that I will play one skirmish game and when I go play a second one, my game automatically closes out without warning, and it keeps doing that in a pattern, first battle works, second battle crash, third battle works, fourth battle crash, and so on and so forth. I've also noticed that I can't play the game for more than 3 hours at a time because it will automatically close out for some reason. Also, strategic points, relics, and critical locations all have a purple box on them, but I can live with that. This is a great mod and the reason why I started to play Soulstorm again!!!

Correction, I disabled the fan add-on because it was conflicting with the 1.73.9 patch, the battles work fine now, I've tested it. Can't wait for 1.74!!!! Keep up the great work.

Jan 27 2015 Anchor

Tomb stalker is able to shoot while it uses phase shift abilty

Heavy weapons team shortcut S for lascannon doesnt work

Jan 28 2015 Anchor

I got a lot of bugs to look at, sorry folks for not getting to them lately. I was more focused on THB work than the next release of 1.74.

Someone wrote: Also, strategic points, relics, and critical locations all have a purple box on them, but I can live with that.

To get that back, I've heard... installing Objective Points mod again gets them back? I could be wrong...

Jan 30 2015 Anchor

@Lord_Cyclarne Thanks for the apology. I just DL'd the mod and its great. I think the priority should be the IG Air doctrine bug (Maybe even a 1.73.95 hotfix maybe?). Someone also mentioned something about a dreadnought for SM tho I've just started playing with IG.

Jan 31 2015 Anchor

Bugs I've encountered:
AI can be really bad at defending their base. They'll put out like, maybe two turrets, and leave their base unguarded otherwise.

Trying to use AI in multiplayer causes a desync after 1 second. Works fine without AI.

AI sometimes just go "no" and don't really do anything or build anything. I've had to nuke my AI Allies low tier units standing in the middle of the map once to wake the thing up. And I've seen Tyranid AI sometimes just not build a damn thing.

Feb 2 2015 Anchor

Dark Eldar Bugs

1. The Reaper model is good but there's no one in the driver's seat....really check the mesh.
2. Donate 300 Souls has 400 in the description.
3. The Haemonculus' Soul destruction ability recharges in a different place than the one used to activate the ability.

That's all for now. I usually test Sins but I can give some significant feedback :D

EDIT: edited for format purposes.

Edited by: JurisDocta

Feb 4 2015 Anchor

Someone wrote: AI can be really bad at defending their base.

I am so confused. Throughout every single game, they are good at defending bases, UNLESS they have their army far away from it, attacking somebody else, or you wiped out their stuff with no turrets, and they try to build units to defend, but fail due to economy or...

But I've heard that there is an installation error that destroys most AI. Unless if it is Necrons, then that faction's AI will never be fixed < THB release.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.