We are nearing the release of Total Chaos 1.0. This would not be possible without all of your feedback. I’ve tried to address as much of your feedback as possible, and it has really helped to shape Total Chaos to be a far better experience.
A New Game + mode will be dropping in the upcoming 1.0 update. This mode rearranges all of the enemy and item placements. You will fight along side the full enemy roster Total Chaos has to offer, while scurrying to find well hidden loot.
A new hunter mechanic has also been introduced. The objective is to complete the level before the time limit. If you fail, he will come for you.
The SSG finally makes it to Total Chaos!
You all asked for it, and it is finally here! The Super Shotgun will be arriving in Total Chaos 1.0. Mostly prominent in NG+ mode, players will be given this at the start of their run. It will also debut in the story mode, although it will be very hard to find.
The 1.0 Update
The 1.0 update is expecting to release on the 9th of December. Here is a list of some of the features coming to this update:
Headline features coming to 1.0
- New Game+ Mode, including a new NG+ specific enemy type and weapon
- Several enemies have added attack patterns
- Brutes can now throw bottles and rocks at you
- Long Legs can now run
- The majority of weapons have had animation improvements
- Several animations on the Brute have been redone from scratch
- Decimal based weight system and updated weight stats
- Mod support added to launcher
- Inventory size doubled
- Tightened up enemy attack hit-boxes
- Shotgun shells now stack
- Re-balanced usage stats on various items
- And much more!
For now, you can play the latest beta of Total Chaos, right here at ModDB!
Sometime this month, a lite/retro version of Total Chaos will be released! This version will have reduced texture resolutions and polygon counts, it will also reduce the object count across the entire mod. This version is designed to work on lower spec’d machines, but will also feel like it came straight from the 90’s!
There is currently no release date for the retro version, but it is expecting to drop before Christmas this year.