A mod for Diablo 2 with expansion The Lord of Destruction which tells an alternative story.
Mod is built on 1.10 vanilla version of the game. The mod can be played trough D2SE or without it
- New story ( Difference is, however, not right from the start. Whatever is mentioned in the story actually happens. Legendary items ? Allies plan to join fight ? Both of these. )
- Solid amount of new items and collectibles, a few new uniques and sets, reworked gems, new gemwords easy to get very early
- Simple collecting with easy to learn new recipes
- Less overall grind, improved drops, ladder content enabled, runes craft 3x lower to 1 higher up to Zod ( It would be wise to collect new items though, it does not take long )
- New enemies animations, some have completely new skills ( Thanks to Phrozen Keep )
- New bosses waiting to pose a challenge
- New voice lines for new bosses
- Changed music in some locations
- Modified and new maps ( Some thanks to Phrozen Keep, some completely new )
- Endgame dungeons after main part meant for passionate collectors and challenge seekers ( While the main part of the mod is not suitable for multiplayer, endgame dungeons are absolutely perfect, it is also almost impossible to max out in terms of equipment )
- No more underleveled enemies, time to face equal or higher levels ( Watch out for bosses and champions )
- Only normal difficulty, significantly faster leveling ( Why to repeat the same thing 3 times ? Just have all 99 levels in single difficulty. )
- Strenghtened hirelings to balance enemies
- Some vanilla skills were adjusted, some exchanged for new skills, some disabled due to balance (characters were reimbursed for that)
- Some vanilla skills were given synergies from characters stats ( These synergies only apply for actually invested stats points - Full list here: Moddb.com )
- Endgame class change, available to choose from 4 characters, independently of your previously chosen character, each with completely new skills, allowing for new, unseen gameplay styles ( They have 2 sets of skills, the second is stronger, but also needs to be collected in endgame dungeons, while the first one is simply received once you reach certain progress)
- Endgame adjustable skills ( Last expansion brought new jewels with new attributes which can adjust various properties of new classes´ skills, such as damage/healing/cooldown/duration/radius/missiles amount and more... Full list here: Moddb.com )
- Currently in late Beta, full version planned for this summer
- It is missing one thing however... You.
>>> Discord.gg <<<
Note: Dropbox link is faster up than direct download because it is how I transfer my files to the realm
Last Update: 22.7.2019 23:38 (11:38pm) GMT+2
A realm for the mod is now available
Extended resolution support for D2SE
Increased xp and fixed bug on high level which caused no xp to be acquired
Fixed text bugs and a missing stairs corner on a map
Halved low runes drop and doubled high runes drop from high level enemies
World Eaters skill damage was increased and chance to cast skill improved
Missiles have shorter distance to not allow players to snipe enemies from distance
Halved corpse explosion damage from Tortured
Doubled drop on weapon essence keys (adds socket to eternity weapons)
Increased general high runes drop by 300%
Increased runes drop in collector´s dungeons in act 3 by 100%
Increased chance of higher runes in collector´s dungeons by over 74,400% when dropping a rune, assuring sur and ber runes drop when cleaning out the dungeons
Fixed lack of space in Prison of Tartarus, allowing more battle space when facing the boss
Fixed Time Corruption skill to allow use during shapeshifting
Emilia´s resistances were given increase
Her drop was rid of less useful resonance stones, allowing better ones to drop more, including higher drop of otherworld essence for weapons
Angels drop Cham by ensured chance and even Zod sometimes
Players who earn the slayer title have shops prices significantly reduced
Fixed misleading display claiming you can access your battle.net accounts on our realm
Thanks to cooperation with Adeptgamer.com a realm for The Puppeteer has been set up and we can now enjoy multiplayer experience.
THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING IN PUBLIC TEST OF THE PUPPETEER REALM. THE REALM WILL SHUT DOWN SOMEWHEN BETWEEN 14th AND 15TH AUGUST, AFTER A SAVE FILES BACKUP HAS TAKEN EFFECT.
Important info about difference between classic Puppeteer and realm!!
- realm version runs on core 1.13c
- realm version is compiled into Patch_D2.mpq
Changes between classic and realm:
- decreased some item level requirements, also sets and uniques level requirements
- you can now reverse craft runes and get back the 3 runes you crafted into 1 higher - space compression
- abyss difficulty charm effects increased - more bonus xp, more gold drops, more magic items chance, no change in negative effects
- to make up for missing plugy respec I moved to 1.13c and now token of absolution is available for 10000 gold, respecs are available and supported as were in the classic version
- skills now display synergy bonuses which they did not originally have, f.e. shout displays how much all resists it adds
- rebalanced enemies to fit better for realm gameplay (according to what is the mod meant to be)
- and more minor changes
There are a few bugs present:
- town portal scrolls cannot be manually placed into town portal book, it will only be inserted there when you pick it off the ground (this is coded into d2gs which runs the server)
- abyss difficulty charm is a little bit feeble and needs to be refreshed more often, f.e. when you equip other items with auras, when you die, keep an eye on it if you want the bonus xp and drops (you refresh it by simply picking up from inventory, putting down again)
- game has a low chance of crash when loading character, just restart and it will run, no harm done to save
- game may sometimes fail to join when joining a room
- inner and outer cloister has a bit bugged minimap, displaying doors only, the map is preset, solid, should not be a problem
- mummies death animation of falling on the ground is buggy, they die and appear dead on the ground
None of these should pose any threat such as loss of progress or save loss.
Name: Adept D2
Server Status: Realm is currently used for different purpose, this mod´s files won´t be allowed to create a game.
Realm currently runs version 0.98.29 of the mod, please always stay up to date (check your version when in a game by looking at top right corner or when in D2SE menu) redownload the newest version from the same link.
Download the files from here: Dropbox.com
(Only this file version will work on realm, the other one will not)
1. Backup Patch_D2.mpq in game directory.
2. Overwrite Patch_D2.mpq with the one from the download.
3. Use BNGatewayEditor to add information about realm.
Uninstall: Copy backup Patch_D2 back into the game folder.
1. Extract mod folder into Mods
2. Nothing, D2SE_Setup has been preset for auto-connection :)
Set in sound options for npc speech to be text only.
Keep checking the server info for whether you have up to date version. Small fixes come out very often.
Keep in mind that the realm is still in late-testing and may shut down without long-before it announcement. However, a message informing about it will pop up a while before it happening. Downtime is 5-10 minutes.
Another reminder to keep track of, there are not many people online at the moment. If you block off your game for characters which are more than 4 levels above or under you, do not expect anyone to join, really. With that you ensure that if anyone connects to the server, they will not see any games online, leave and this then goes on with people thinking nobody is online.
Thank you for joining and please report anything that seems strange/problematic
Contact me on discord: dreameaterx#5508
Join mod´s Discord group for all info about the mod: Discord.gg
This mod is now being streamed and recorded for interested.
3,5k views and an anniversary of one month. Sounds like a day well-suited for releasing information about an interesting feature.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
New version of the mod compiled into Patch_D2 for ease of use
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.