Total-conversion mod for SWBF2 that adds the Mass Effect era to Instant Action. You can fight as the Systems Alliance, the Heretic Geth, the Collectors, or the Evolved Geth on six new custom maps, all of the stock maps, and all maps from the Sol Map Pack.
** COMPLETELY STANDALONE, DOES NOT REQUIRE ANY PREVIOUS VERSION ** - Many people think Mass Effect 3's Multiplayer should have been more similar to Battlefield or Battlefront with large-scale epic battles and the like; Mass Effect: Unification does just that.
- Wondering why there isn't a separate version for Retail/Steam? The reason why is because the installer now detects your game's installation directory based on the game's registry entry. In other words, the installer is compatible with all known versions of the game, retail and Steam included.
DEVELOPER: Frayed Wires Studios, Marth8880
RELEASED: Wednesday, October 1st, 2014
1. Run MassEffectUnificationSetup_r5_standalone.exe and follow the on-screen instructions to install.
2. After the installation completes, the Configuration Utility will launch. With this tool, you can perform various operations including, but not limited to: toggling the mod on or off without uninstalling it; determining whether Shepard’s class should be a specific class or randomized; enabling and disabling AI heroes; and changing which GUI is used (i.e., the new, red or blue menus). This tool can also be launched from the “Mass Effect – Unification” Start Menu folder.
3. Launch Star Wars: Battlefront II and enjoy playing the updated release of Mass Effect: Unification!
(Note: Select the Mass Effect era in the Instant Action map list to play the Mass Effect: Unification matches.)
MD5 Checksum: e5a6a402b9d0c78d1f1e38ec3f1d4c2d
HOW TO VERIFY A FILE'S INTEGRITY USING MD5 CHECKSUMS:
1. Download md5sums, unzip the archive and open the folder.
2. Copy md5sums.exe and paste it into the folder in which MEU's installer is located.
3. Drag and drop MEU's installer onto md5sums.exe and wait for the program to run.
4. Compare the MD5 sum with the MD5 Checksum given above. If they are not identical, you need to re-download the MEU installer - otherwise, the installer's integrity is fine and the installation should run smoothly.
1. Open your Start Menu.
2. Go to Programs / All Programs, and find the Start Menu folder called “Mass Effect – Unification”.
3. Select the folder and inside it, select “Uninstall Mass Effect – Unification”.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions and let the uninstaller run.
5. Play something else, weirdo.
NOTE: Uninstalling Mass Effect: Unification will restore the original stock shell (including the music).
In summer of 2010, I played the demo for Mass Effect 2 after seeing it on Steam – I immediately then ran out and obtained a copy of Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 for the PC (because console shooters are dumb). After completing the first game, I thought to myself, "Huh, certainly there must be a Mass Effect mod for Star Wars Battlefront II!" After failing to find such a mod, I completed my first map that I had been working on since February of that same year; I started working on the Sol Map Pack, released the pilot map, and in around July of 2011, I started the gargantuan project we all love and know as “Mass Effect: Unification.”
THIS MOD CURRENTLY FEATURES:
- a massive amount of specially hand-crafted assets specifically tailored for this mod. This would not have been possible without the help of The Nasal Abyss, Scott_W.Pilgrim (agentsmith38), THEWULFMAN, AQT, Gametoast, and Frayed Wires Studios.
- support for all stock land maps minus Endor.
- three custom Mass Effect maps: Eden Prime, the Prothean Skyway, and Virmire.
- external support for a_speck_of_dust’s Lotashi Z: X Province! (Note: The map must be installed in order for it to show up in the Instant Action roster.) Alternative download link in case GameFront does that thing it does.
- WAY too much content to list here.
WHAT MORE TO EXPECT:
- Various patches and hotfixes that correct bugs and add small features.
- "DLC" expansion packs that will include new maps, modes, campaigns, sides, and more.
- Single-player matches on all maps have random side variations and random Shepard hero classes whereas multi-player matches have a preset variation and Shepard class (per-map specific).
- All maps minus the Prothean Skyway - which has Team Deathmatch and 2-flag CTF - support the Conquest mode and most maps support either 1-flag or 2-flag CTF, which, by the way, is INCREDIBLY fun and difficult (especially Hoth). Some maps with a large number of command posts (typically six or more) support the brand new Siege mode.
- A new save profile called “MEU-Newcomer” is installed along with the mod; this profile is configured to enhance your playing experience with recommended game, audio, and control settings. While using the MEU-Newcomer profile isn’t required, it’s most certainly recommended.
- This mod adds 40 missions to the game's runtime heap.
All assets have the minimum possible amount taken from licensed material, and do not impair sales of their respective games, nor do they misrepresent their respective copyright holders.