France and the Hapsburg fight to gain ascendancy over Italy, involved are most of the Italian city states or lordships and even most of the European states. The war remains for more than sixty years on the Italian peninsula.

Forum Thread
Crash on turn 24 as florence (Games : Medieval II: Total War: Kingdoms : Mods : The Italian Wars : Forum : Bugs & other problems : Crash on turn 24 as florence) Locked
Thread Options
Aug 28 2017 Anchor

In my current Florence campaign I'm experiencing a consistent crash on turn 24 when the papal states turn ends. Also i really dislike the timer for capturing pisa, and the message that is supposed to appear when you fail to capture the city within a few turns doesn't display properly, only showing "failed".

This is in version 4.1

Edited by: RodericMcKay

Sep 9 2017 Anchor

All right, the pressing problem seems the crash.
Could you try it one more time and then send me the log.txt file so I can have a look at it?

Thank's!

Sep 9 2017 Anchor

So I tried it one more time and it didn't crash this time. I have no idea what I did differently. Does the AI always make the same decisions on their turn if the player doesn't change their actions?

For reference, where is the log.txt file and how does it update?

Sep 10 2017 Anchor

Well, glad to hear that.
As for your question, there several variables which are taken into account along with some random counters so most of the time the AI will act similar.

It should be found under \SEGA\Medieval II Total War\logs
The file is updated every time you start MTW II :)

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.