France and the Hapsburg fight to gain ascendancy over Italy, involved are most of the Italian city states or lordships and even most of the European states. The war remains for more than sixty years on the Italian peninsula.

Forum Thread
Crash around Turn 38 (Games : Medieval II: Total War: Kingdoms : Mods : The Italian Wars : Forum : Bugs & other problems : Crash around Turn 38) Locked
Thread Options
Jan 29 2017 Anchor

Hi!

I was playing as Signoria of Florence and i got to turn 58.When i press the end turn button and gets to the Rebels turn,it crashes with the message : M2 stopped because of a unknown error.

I think i should mention that i fave the 5.0 patch.

P.S:I am so sorry i miswrote the turn in the title...it is the turn 58

Edited by: Bragulf

Jan 29 2017 Anchor

Thanks for reporting the issue! Could you please provide me the log file?

Jan 29 2017 Anchor

Drive.google.com

Hope that the link works

Jan 30 2017 Anchor

Yes, the link is working properly.
Though it seems to be the wrong log file from another mod.

I suggest you give the mod one more shot and then send me the log file. ;)

Jan 30 2017 Anchor

Where do i find the log file? i mean that one above is the only log file in the whole M2 folder...

Hi,again!

I started just some minutes ago to play as Swiss and i got that 4 turn error...i executed the steps provided by you in that thread(i also had received that error when started to play as Florence) and now it has no effect...the error persists....

And please tell me how to provide you the log file in order to solve this problem...

All good wishes!

OK...it seems that my problem is the same as the one of the guys in the Crash arount Turn 5 as Swiss....i came to this conclusion after playing as modena et ferrara passing the 6 turn without any problem....

as for the log file....it is not creating herself...and i have no folder named logs...neither in medieval folder,nor in Italian_Wars...this means that the crash around the 58 turn remains a mistery...

Edited by: Bragulf

Jan 31 2017 Anchor

Thank's for your detailed report!
I fear there is nothing I can do about it right now.
Nevertheless, I would really recommend playing 4.1, which is much more stable.
You see, 5.0 is only a beta and still buggy ;)

As for the log file, it seems to be the same problem as the other guy had...

In case you really want to play with some new factions I'd say you have a look at our TIW-ultimate battle beta version.
The full version is soon to come :)

Best regards,
Ned

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.