"We just have received word that a group of terrorists took over the Lonely Weapons Laboratory near Seattle. No more information are currently available. The CEO of Lonely Weapons, Fuzzy Mcgee is currently missing and we have not been able to establish contact with the terrorists. Your main objective is to infiltrate the laboratory and find Mcgee. Find information. I want to know who is behind this." The third person mod, Half-Life: Tactical Espionage Action puts the player in the role of secret agent Frank Johnson. His mission? To stop evil!
Not my style, and definitely challenging, but it is well detailed and the amount of work put into it shows for itself.
I'm just not into stealth games, and the amount of deaths and frustrations kept on mounting until I shut the mod off in anger.
The game is rather frustrating at parts and isn't entirely polished, but it's got fantastic gameplay and is really enjoyable to play through to completion, no matter how frustrating that ******* tank part is.
* actually a third person shooter in half-life!
* great level design.
* the story is OK, kind of reminds me of metal gear solid, but not nearly as good.
* stealth is more of a gimmick than anything, whenever you're allowed to kill you're just better off killing or sprinting through.
* can't save wherever you want, which is really annoying in combat levels.
* annoying death animation (screen fading).
* pretty buggy (was able to reach objectives even though I got the mission failed screen).
* the combat system is frustrating and bad:
- you've only got two ways to defend yourself, some weird knife kick and your gun.
- meanwhile your enemies got real SMGs and grenades which they will spam at you.
- the weird knife kick is practically useless.
- you are clearly using an SMG, but you have to tap as fast as possible to shoot like one.
- iron sight doesn't let you look all the way up when it's needed.
* takes about an hour to complete.
I can see that a lot of work was put into this, but there's so much you can do with an old unmodified engine...
as a fan of Splinter cell series I really enjoyed this mod, Objectives, Stealth, Well designed environment, just awesome .
I might not have completed it yet but im sure it'll be awesome! anyway could you add a backup weapon and Ammunition?
Nice to see something different from the HL Mod community!
Loved it! At some points I was about to break my keyboard. LOL!
It felt alot like metal gear (witch I love) However. The game was clunky and felt like it was missing something. also the custom models were hard to find I liked it but it had lacking stuff like disapearing enemys, and also barely any custom models.
No reviews were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the review list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.