After a pretty eventful development cycle, including some official DLC releases, Ascendancy 1.1.6 is finally here! This version nfocuses on fleshing out soem capital ship abilities, overhauling balance between the four factions, implementing support for the Minor Factions DLC, and beginning work on the Hapes Consortium (which will be the enxt playable faction)!
Video version of the release notes and upcoming changes:
Major Overview of 1.1.6 Changes (non-exhaustive):
- Minor Factions DLC support added (basic ability layouts): Chiss, Ssi-Ruuvi, Hapans,Centrality, Maldrood, Zero Command,Eriadu Authority, Zsinj
- Many abilities altered, fewer overlapping/stat boost abilities (ie Numerical Superiority)
- Allegiance VO added (others will be added next patch
- Many individual ship and tech balancing changes
- New models, for Dreadnaught, Lancer, Gladiator, Secutor, Nebula, Endurance
- Beginning setup for Hapans (not yet playable)
There are a few other changes and especially ship models which have been updated, but we ultimately felt that delaying the mod more and more when the beta started 9 months ago wasn't worth it, we'd rather get the mod out with the changes it has and then do a supplementary version sooner than later, so here's that that will look like.
Focuses in 1.1.7
- New models: ISDI, ISDI, VSDI, VSDII, Nebulon-B, CR90, Lucrehulk, Munificent, Praetor and several others already done, just need rigging.
- Implementation of VO from Imperial Civil War
- Finish filling all capital ability slots
- Entity cleanup (fixing bugs that don't really manifest ingame, but can cause annoyances in the dev EXE)
- Begin icon reworks for abilities and tech
- More minor factions, abilities
Longer term, the next upcoming major content is still the Hapes Consortium, but their whole roster basically needs designing which means there will likely be a few patches between now and then.