Adds maps set on various planets and moons throughout our Solar System to SWBF2's Instant Action. Both stock eras include new sides with enhanced visuals and sounds, as well as new hero units. Supports Mass Effect era if installed.
This is Earth: Pioneer Trails, Marth8880's first map and a new addition to the Sol Map Pack. Pioneer Trails is based on a real neighborhood park on planet Earth.
- The Mass Effect era will only appear in the era roster if Mass Effect: Unification R4 is installed.
DEVELOPERS: Aaron Gilbert (Marth8880) & (Redwiz)
RELEASED: Monday, May 5th, 2014
RELEASE TYPE: Map
***Please note that this is (an updated version of) my first map ever created or released***
1. Extract the archive “SolPioneerTrails_r2_standalone.exe”
2. Cut and paste "PIO" folder into "Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\addon\"
3. Launch Star Wars: Battlefront II and play Earth: Pioneer Trails!
(4. Please note that maps from the Sol Map Pack will appear purple in your map list.)
Based on a real park in my neighborhood, Pioneer Trails is a beautiful place that makes for an excellent battlefield with its abundance of trees, grassy hills, large pond and open battlefronts. I actually happen to live in the same neighborhood as this park and it is a 5-10 minute bike ride on the trails.
THIS MAP CURRENTLY FEATURES:
- Eras including the Clone Wars, Galactic Civil War, Extended Civil War, and Mass Effect,
- A variety of objects such as trees (both standing and fallen), shrubs, turrets, barriers and grass,
- Vehicles (AAT, IFT-X, AT-AP, and more),
- Remarkably beautiful visuals,
- Five random weather variations,
- Environmental ambiance, and
- More included inside!
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT IN PIONEER TRAILS:
- New eras such as Dark Times, THEWULFMAN's Clone Wars era mod, and the Mass Effect era, and
- Other game modes such as CTF and Siege (TBA).
MAP/REAL PARK DIFFERENCES:
There are not very many differences between this map and the real park. For example, this map is located in a completely tree enclosed area whereas the real park can be viewed from a sidewalk in my neighborhood. In the real park, there are even some houses from which you can clearly see the park! Another difference is the trails: the trails in the real park are concrete, have bended turns and some have park exits. Trails in this map are dirt, they lack smooth-bending turns and have no park exits. One more difference is the objects. The real park has a small playground, tennis court and baseball diamond/soccer goals while the map has Kashyyyk/Mygeeto barriers and turrets.
- Foliage will not appear to be "commonly seen" unless your view distance settings are set to over ~50.
- Light bloom really enhances this map's visual quality; I highly suggest switching it on.
- Stuff. :P
- Note to self: add more stuff here.
BETA TESTERS [v1.0, R1):
BETA TESTERS [v1.1, R2):
- Whoever decided to play the public beta.
- AQT: Extended Civil War era assets & sounds
- THEWULFMAN: ‘Sun’ variation sky dome texture
- Scott_W.Pilgrim: Tree meshes and textures
- General_Nate: Water fountain prop & effect
- Freesound.org: Ambient sound streams & effects
- Pandemic Studios: Stock assets
- Anybody else who I may have forgotten
All assets have the minimum possible amount taken from licensed material, and do not impair sales of their respective games, nor do they misrepresent their respective copyright holders.
- All licensed assets are copyright Pandemic Studios and LucasArts.