Adds maps set on various planets and moons throughout our Solar System to SWBF2's Instant Action. Both stock eras include new sides with enhanced visuals and sounds, as well as new hero units. Supports Mass Effect era if installed.
This is Earth: Luna, the pilot map to the Sol Map Pack. Luna is set upon the landing site for the Apollo 17 lunar lander mission.
- The Mass Effect era will only appear in the era roster if Mass Effect: Unification R4 is installed.
DEVELOPER: Aaron Gilbert (Marth8880)
RELEASED: Monday, May 5th, 2014
RELEASE TYPE: Map
1. Extract "SolLuna_r2_standalone.exe”
2. Cut and paste "LUN" into "Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\addon\"
3. Launch Star Wars: Battlefront II and enjoy playing the pilot map of the Sol Map Pack!
(4. Please note that maps from the Sol Map Pack will appear purple in your map list.)
"Alliance/Republic forces are sent out into the dark reaches of deep space to investigate a derelict Corellian Corvette that went missing near the planet "Earth" in the Sol System.”
This is the pilot map to a rather large map pack whose maps will be released one by one and are being created by myself, THEWULFMAN, and AQT. As most of you probably already know, LUNA, Earth’s one and only natural satellite, has been studied by astronomers and eventually explored by astronauts for quite a large number of years, and this map is set upon the landing site from the Apollo 17 lunar landing mission. Although the map isn't an exact copy of the landing site, it is a close representation - give or take a few Star Wars props here and there.
THIS MAP CURRENTLY FEATURES:
- Eras including the Clone Wars, Galactic Civil War, and Mass Effect,
- Modes including Conquest and XL,
- Auto-piloted bombers and assault craft,
- Visually-modified sides in the CW and GCW eras,
- Vehicles (AT-TE, Spider Walker, AT-AT, and more),
- An Apollo Lunar Lander prop,
- Realistically named geographic locations of the landing site,
- A rather eerie, yet beautiful soundscape, and
- BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!!!...
OTHER STUFF TO EXPECT:
- Maps from the Sol Map Pack.
UPCOMING MAPS IN THE SOL MAP PACK:
- Saturn: Titan (Xanadu)
- Venus (Research Facility)
- Jupiter (Mining Compound)
- Jupiter: Io (Geth Production Plant)
MAP/REAL LANDING SITE DIFFERENCES:
It is not very likely that there is a downed Corellian Corvette on our very own Luna. Not only that, but there probably aren't Star Wars factions brawling up there either...
- The music in this map has been replaced with an eerie, yet beautiful soundscape; every map in the Sol Map Pack will have its own unique soundscape to replace the music.
- Auto-piloted flyers are only present in offline matches; this is due to a crashing issue online.
- OH BOY, an easter egg hunt?!
- Don't get scared...
- Luke Skywalker is...weird. He has the award pistol and shoots dead corpses just like the rest of the Alliance; the reason for this is because in order to have him use the Rebel "space trooper" unit mesh, I had to use the Rebel Soldier as a ClassParent, which inherited everything that the Rebel Soldier uses, including voiceovers as well as weapons
- Whoever decided to play any of the public betas.
- THEWULFMAN & Redwiz: Ideas, general help, etc.
- Jaspo: Alliance "Space" troopers.
- Deviss: Conversion of Darth Vader JKA assets and Plo Koon's head.
- HapSlash: Plo Koon's body.
- MandeRek: Plo Koon's lightsaber combos.
- Sky_216: Cave assets.
- Sattis: HD Clone Trooper template.
- RepSharpshooter: Clone Commander model.
- Deviss: Clone rifle and shotgun model.
- THEWULFMAN: HD droid skins.
- ERH: Soundscape.
- Spiral Graphics: Hi-def ground texture.
- NASA/Google: Reference photographs from the moon and the Apollo 17 mission.
- NASA: Apollo Lunar Lander model reference.
- Celestia: Earth skyobject texture.
- Myself: Teleporter model, Clone textures, AT-TE textures, Hailfire/Spider Walker textures, Imperial AT-TE textures, Apollo Lunar Lander model, Earth skyobject model,
- Scott_W.Pilgrim & The Nasal Abyss: Attempts at exporting the Lunar Lander model.
- AQT: Apollo Lunar Lander gold foil texture.
All assets have the minimum possible amount taken from licensed material, and do not impair sales of their respective games, nor do they misrepresent their respective copyright holders.
- Plo Koon's head is copyright Raven Software and LucasArts.
- All other licensed assets are copyright Pandemic Studios and LucasArts.