Huge and hardcore gameplay modification with many magic schools and spells, that offers experience of fights between large squads of opponents, which have mastered REALLY different magical and martial tactics.
v.1.0.1 - SMC Kingdom customization. Constant health restoration. Aristocracy families randomization. Arcanium. More tavern NPC. Balance changes. Bugfixes.
1. Fixed bug with name of Inquisition boots and gloves.
2. Due to lots of bugreports wandlike cursor of SMC is deleted and replaced with classic one from Warband. Rest in peace, sweetheart!
3. Every character on the battlefield restores 1 hp every 2 sec.
Balance changes of SMC are very dangerous for every dweller of this world. Soldiers with large skill can quickly inflict tons of damage as well as mages can annihilate entire fields of opponents. It can annoy. An average creature requires 2-4 strikes from opponents of their skill (or even lucky one) to be killed. Casual balance of vanilla M&B would be hurted by constant health restoration as player and soldiers takes very low amount of damage with good armor and weak opponents. I consider that SMC really need this feature. It means that heavily armored soldiers, portal mages, angels, demon princes and gargoyles will be even stronger when fighting weak creatures, but in other hand it will allow player and AI to benefit from positioning and regrouping - taking wounded soldiers out of combat for a while. This balance change also allows player to participate more active in battle while he always have an ability to run away and catch a breath.
4. Fixed bug with player which appeared to be father-in-law of most of all newly added lords. This bugfix required rewriting of aristocracy code so aristocracy families are changed.
5. Reworked scripts of initializing aristocracy (randomized a bit, aristocracy family members can be from several countries). Added 45 ladies with medieval-style names. Each faction from 7 to 16 now have 5 ladies.
6. Number of noncombatant tavern dwellers is increased in 3 times. There are 30 ransom brokers instead of 10, 30 travellers instead of 10, 15 bards instead of 5 and 6 book sellers instead of 2 now.
7. Added Arcanium, magic shop. In every city player can now seek for teleport to Arcanium, where Archmage sells very large amount of magic goods. As mages fear attention of Inquisition of the Sun, they will try to hide the teleport from hungry gazes and put seekers into ambushes of weak magic creatures. You must be at least High mage (having 40 or more total magic power as sum of your all magic skills) to avoid these ambushes. Other ways there are 25, 50, 75 and 100 % chance to be ambushed for 30-39, 20-29, 10-19, 0-9 total magic power. Available items from Arcanium refreshes every time you successfully enter it.
8. Added hints about Arcanium, kingdom customization and constant health restoration.
9. Now player starts the game near chosen city without first quest and fight on the streets as some of starting magic schools' spells aren't supposed to be useful at such close combat.
10. Fixed grammar of several texts.
11. Added SMC Kingdom customization menu when camping. To access different variants, player should have proper knowledge of skill, connected with these variants.
12. Player can configure culture of additinal kingdom reinforcements of lords' parties - type of large and powerful squad which comes at party creation.
13. Player can configure type of High mages' squad in lords' parties and localities.
14. Player can configure culture of lesser lords.
15. Player can configure culture of patrols.
16. Available configurations include factional, bandit and gender. Female characters can access random mages without trivial aid from Sabbath, male ones are able to access Inquisition of the Sun.
17. Player can also configure elitism for choices above (0,15,25,35,50,65,75,85,100 are available) - when elitism option is increased compare to 50%, number of the highest level soldiers is increased too, and number of other level troops is decreased. While elitism is decreasing, vice versa. Elitism is applying as national idea, so all choices are affected at once.
18. Player can also configure national idea of vampire tolerance. By default to each lord's party 3 random vampires are assigned as a part of additional reinforcement. By this way the party can take every vampire except High mage and Archmage. The vampire tolerance can be increased to acquire vampire high mage with twice more soldiers and take 10% penalty to additional reinforcement size or decreased to not acquire vampires, but instead get 10% bonus to this reinforcement.
19. Code of spawn of all customizing parties and party types is bugfixed and optimized due to adding customization part.
20. Added mention of default SMC customization settings in notification on declaring player's faction.
21. Added a note on the stage of choosing player's gender about its consequences. After doing that i got runtime error, and it took 3 hours to recognize reason of this because i did it in the middle of kingdom customization coding. We really should do something about this declaring gender equality) Even machines now, ehhh)
22. Starting buffer sizes are twice as larger now due to performance reasons.
23. Added opportunity to choose culture of squads hired in cities, player captured. There are only factional variants tho. It is bugfix too, as in 1.0.1 you couldn't hire soldiers in your towns.
24. Added dialogs for player's patrols and courtiers.