This is version 3.0. check the thread for more info.
Kharisir is an isolated region of fertile land along the largely arid coasts of the great Mekish sea. It has a long a vibrant history, beginning with the arrival of the first hunter-gatherers in the prehistoric era.
The first cities grew quickly, fed on the great harvests cut from the black soil. The greatest of these was Gasha in the west. Ancient chroniclers describe in great detail the wide range of food available to its inhabitants, and the vast libraries and universities in the city.
The throne in Gasha ruled over most of kharisir for centuries, each successive dynasty continuing to reign in gasha.
This was not to last.
The invention of the printing press, and a universal writing script, allowed those not of noble birth to read and write. The power of the common man was rising.
Pressure from the expanding deserts forced nomads, once situated far from gasha, to move their flocks southwards. At the same time, sea raiders and traders alike from a far away land settled in the wet and marshy south. The throne in Gasha was losing its grip.
The final straw on the camel's back came swiftly. The invention of gunpowder in an otherwise unremarkable monastery bought the Gasha kingdom crashing down. The poorly disciplined armies of Gasha were routed by a musket-wielding peasant coalition at Kherzhil, in the 13th century of Gasha rule. The city was razed to the ground and the capital moved to khalahar, a small trading post in the shadow of the mountains. The previously unheard-of Sayaz dynasty took control, and the new kingdom flourished in three centuries of peace. For the second time, kharisir was united under a single banner.
However, the stability could not last. The Shahs of Sayazn withdrew to their vast palaces. Rebellions refused to be put down. And the devastating Gashajin war between the shah and his western generals split his empire in three.
You, the player, come to kharisir in a time of uncertainty. Rising powers in every corner of the world seek to benefit from the power vacuum. But Sayazn is still capable of striking back at the usurpers. Do you join the old dominion and reconquer kharisir? Or take up the black banner and take it for yourself? The choice is yours.
- Reworked particle effects, including drifting battlefield smoke, falling petals, rockets, fog and dust
- Larger battle maps and enormous city scenes with new buildings
- NPCs with unique weapons
- New battle sounds
- New soundtrack
- Dozens of troop trees
- Ten completely unique factions, each with their own advantages and disadvatages
- A revolutionary mechanic -- poorly-managed factions will experience rebellions.
- A proper backstory
- A world map that changes rapidly, but doesn't become monochrome in the late game
- Dynamic battlefields; more inexperienced soldiers rout after morale shocks, and pikemen are fully effective, amongst other things
- Dynamic map: different locations will have different appearances in battle, for example farmland, river crossings, or mountain passes
- The ability to bring industrialization to the land.
- Sea travel and interactive ship combat
- Airship Battles (planned)
- More dialog options for your spouse
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.