Revamp Expansion Mod (RVE) A Supreme Commander 2 Complete Overhaul / Total Conversion Mod

Forum Thread
Revamp Expansion Mod 2.0 Beta 1.0 (Games : Supreme Commander 2 : Mods : Revamp Expansion Mod (RVE) : Forum : Revamp Expansion Mod : Revamp Expansion Mod 2.0 Beta 1.0) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3 4
Jul 3 2016 Anchor

Please Use this thread to post any bugs or suggestions about RVE 2.0 B1.0

Please only report bugs and balance suggestions mentioning missing features and abilities doesn't help us the mod is a beta so these are bound to be there.

PLEASE READ THE FAQ BEFORE POSTING THANKS

• Fixed Cybran EDX5 Shield has no adjacency.
  • Fixed UEF SCU Jumpjet Range is tinny.
  • Fixed UEF Unit Cannon can't built Tier 2/3.
  • AI Air/Land/Naval/Rush/Turtle Research Paths Restructured.
  • Tier 2/3 Land/Air/Naval Factions Added To Restrictions.
  • Fixed Engine Crash ( Cybran Zero Static when playing with no shadows )
  • Fixed Unit stats widget ROF stat reading backwards when buffs are applied.
  • Fixed Sim Crash ( Aeon T3 Mass Convertor Mass Fabrication Ability )
  • Fixed Research Stations Auto Rank Over Time Only Affecting Host.
  • Add ACU ability EMP Detonate.
  • Some Research Tree unlocks have be reduced.
  • Research Trees layouts have been updated.
  • Health and Regen Research Unlocks are now a single unlock.
  • Reduced damage on Aeon T1 UFO.
  • Reduced damage on Base AA structures.
  • Aeon Prototype Defense Tower PD Targeting Fixed.
  • Unit Movement Speed Increased.
  • Reduced damage on Ground AA.
  • T1 Energy Generators rebalanced.
  • Aeon Loyalty Gun Capture Rate Increased to 5

Edited by: OverRated

Jul 5 2016 Anchor

Engineers that were upgraded get grouped separated from engineers made from T3 land factory

Jul 5 2016 Anchor
Sllypper wrote:

Engineers that were upgraded get grouped separated from engineers made from T3 land factory

Thats because all 3 tier enginners as well as factorys are different units and the logic from the 1st game still applies, i gave the option to upgrade them but the engine still sees them as a different unit. so its no bug just how the game is designed.

--

Jul 9 2016 Anchor

Ignore this, posted prior to noticing the new build.

Edited by: xShadowdragonx

Jul 10 2016 Anchor

The Zion has the same bug as the unit cannon. not ier switch. Maybe thats for all experimental factories?

Also with changed resource incomes in engery and mass, massconverters and shields dont cost energy anymore. Also tier 1 mass extractors only bring old massincome when energy adjacency is active. Once updated to tier 2 everything works fine.

I think some of them have already been said, but to be sure i added all i know

keep up the great work

Jul 10 2016 Anchor

Sea Factories in general seem to have some kinks to iron out. In particular, the Cybren Tech to give sea factories long- range canons for anti-ship combat DON'T work on sea factories that are build as any tier other than tier 1.

Jul 11 2016 Anchor

Can their be a campaign support for the mod?

Jul 11 2016 Anchor
88AwesomeSheep88 wrote:

Can their be a campaign support for the mod?

No as the mods for multiplayer only.

--

Jul 12 2016 Anchor

I asked this question in another thread in the Q&A. But I t hink it should of went in here. So here goes....

I built a warp pillar and started to make a Experimental. It started and about 50% progress, the pillar stopped producing or warping it. I had way more than enough resources for it.

Am i doing something wrong? Are these pillars the only way to make experimentals?

Is it a bug?

Thanks!!

Edited by: indyfan

Jul 13 2016 Anchor
indyfan wrote:

I asked this question in another thread in the Q&A. But I t hink it should of went in here. So here goes....

I built a warp pillar and started to make a Experimental. It started and about 50% progress, the pillar stopped producing or warping it. I had way more than enough resources for it.

Am i doing something wrong? Are these pillars the only way to make experimentals?

Is it a bug?

Thanks!!

Did you change tier levels when it was building? if so please read the FAQ it explains why.

--

Jul 13 2016 Anchor

No actually I didn't. It was progressing and then I watched it,. Then a sound, the screen shook, then progress gone. Had to start making my experimental again. I had way more than enough resources. I was only building one of the scorpion experimental at the time it happened.

I actual saw the tier levels in action. It wasn't that. Have no issue with that and understand why you did it.

Jul 13 2016 Anchor
indyfan wrote:

No actually I didn't. It was progressing and then I watched it,. Then a sound, the screen shook, then progress gone. Had to start making my experimental again. I had way more than enough resources. I was only building one of the scorpion experimental at the time it happened.

I actual saw the tier levels in action. It wasn't that. Have no issue with that and understand why you did it.

Well i've never seen this before just let me know if you get the problem again the warp pillar mod hasn't been tested with BETA 1.0.

--

Jul 13 2016 Anchor

T1 Flying saucer IMBA! They have longer attack range than t1 mobile AA and have awesome damage for its cost (they exterminate t2 land armyies)!!! And they not require research!!!

Jul 13 2016 Anchor
OverRated wrote:
indyfan wrote:

Well i've never seen this before just let me know if you get the problem again the warp pillar mod hasn't been tested with BETA 1.0.

Hmm, if I uninstall the Pillars Mod, will I still be able to make gantries and build all experimentals?

Also just to be sure if I'm building a tech 4 experimental and I click on tech 5 to see what's available in tech 5...will that reset the progress? Or is it only when I decide to build a tech 5?

Thanks for getting back to me.

Edited by: indyfan

Jul 13 2016 Anchor
bzek wrote:

T1 Flying saucer IMBA! They have longer attack range than t1 mobile AA and have awesome damage for its cost (they exterminate t2 land armyies)!!! And they not require research!!!

hows this a bug?

Hmm, if I uninstall the Pillars Mod, will I still be able to make gantries and build all experimentals?

Also just to be sure if I'm building a tech 4 experimental and I click on tech 5 to see what's available in tech 5...will that reset the progress? Or is it only when I decide to build a tech 5?

Thanks for getting back to me.

As the button them selfs disable the units yes as soon as you use one it will clear the units command.

Yes gantrys are apart of SC2 the pillars them self are a part of the mod.

--

Jul 13 2016 Anchor

Maybe I did click on tech 5 while I was making a tech 4. I played another game and had no issues.

Thanks for the help. Mod is fantastic and the best mod I have ever used. You guys did a super job!!!

Jul 19 2016 Anchor

It would be awesome if the units were able to self-upgrade by veterancy. Is this possible?

Jul 23 2016 Anchor

hello i have do all this in the vidieo and i dosent work when i launch the game its the normal, no mods ihave windows8 pls help me :(

Jul 29 2016 Anchor

So, me and a few friends have had an issue several times with the game completely crashing. The game itself will just freeze in the middle of combat, everything seizes up and we have to leave game to play again. The menu still works, but nothing else actually does anything.

Aug 1 2016 Anchor

The juggernaut targeting is broken i can't aim the main artillery weapons at the target i want, and when i do target what i want it will try to move to that location instead of firing on it, also in the research tree it say Jackhammer instead of Juggernaught.

Also it quite harder to beat the Ai in a tech race as they just seem to higher tech levels faster then i ever could.

Edited by: swat-omega

Aug 3 2016 Anchor

cybran t1 shield has no model when attached to or built beside a direct t3 mass extractor

Aug 4 2016 Anchor
xShadowdragonx wrote:

So, me and a few friends have had an issue several times with the game completely crashing. The game itself will just freeze in the middle of combat, everything seizes up and we have to leave game to play again. The menu still works, but nothing else actually does anything.

Are you playing the mod with or without the mod manager settings? and are you using the warp pillar mod? as thats not been tested with Beta 1 yet or the new tech buttons, can you give any other info thanks? this crash is classed as a sim crash and nomrally is related to a lua bug.

swat-omega wrote:

The juggernaut targeting is broken i can't aim the main artillery weapons at the target i want, and when i do target what i want it will try to move to that location instead of firing on it, also in the research tree it say Jackhammer instead of Juggernaught.

Also it quite harder to beat the Ai in a tech race as they just seem to higher tech levels faster then i ever could.

Make sure the units in range before you ground fire or the unit will move closer to the target, it doesn't have the range a base artillery unit would.

The AI being harder is that good for bad haha? i spent a lot of time on its attack orders and platoons.

JONDJ23 wrote:

cybran t1 shield has no model when attached to or built beside a direct t3 mass extractor

Noted ill look into it thanks.

makuta4545 wrote:

hello i have do all this in the vidieo and i dosent work when i launch the game its the normal, no mods ihave windows8 pls help me :(

Try resetting your game perfs in the mod manager and check your game data folder for any traces of left over files.

--

Aug 8 2016 Anchor

Before I start, I'd like to give me heart and support out to those who made this mod, very solid work, Mod of the Millennia in my books. It has everything I loved for an RTS game, combining SupCom 1 and 2 and making it's own uniquely designed baby. Again, Good work and I don't care how long it takes for you guys to update this mod since well, I respect how you guys juggle your time with life and more important things. I will divide my post into 2, Bugs and Suggestions, for convenience. Please note that these are bugs I've seen so far and with my countless hours in the game, I may have passed a few bugs that go unnoticed. As for my suggestions and questions I hope it sparks some idea even if none of them appeal to you guys.

BUGS:
1) Super Triton not build able by SCUs. Cybran Tier 3 Shields not build able at all by engineers or ACU/SCUs. (Probably other units or structures with the same problem, not sure)
2) Zion Experimental Aircraft Carrier can't switch build tiers. (Probably intended feature? Please correct me if I'm wrong)
3) Zion Experimental Aircraft Carrier Plasma Blaster deals no or minuscule damage to ground units and/or structures. (No idea whats it called but for comparison the weapon is similar to the Sooprizer's weapons, Not the main beam weapon)
4) Game sometimes crashes after I build the Cybran Experimental Drone Cannon and put the build cycle on repeat.
5) (Probably not a bug) I can't seem to find the original aegis, not the prime aegis, in any of the build menus.
6) SCU's cancel assisting orders and do not resume assisting factories or gantries after a unit rolls out and there is a build queue (or on repeat).
7) Engineers that were originally tier one then upgraded to tier 2 then tier 3 sometimes don't have the increased speed boost per tier level, Engineers built as tier 3 are fine.

SUGGESTIONS/QUESTIONS:
1) The models of the new units are astoundingly well made, with that said, do you guys plan on making more of your own versions, or version 2.0 of the vanilla experimentals, for example, a Fatboy II 2.0, or Urchinow 2.0, to name a few? (Like what you guys did with the Fatboy from Supcom 1 or the Monkeylord, a few to name of the coolest unit designs I've seen, I love tanks and giant walking doom machines by the way)
2) I've noticed that the UEF and Cybrans lack a land experimental unit focused on Anti-air (Like the Illuminate's Airnomo Exp.). I know it sounds weird and it ruins some experimental's uniqueness, but for me I see it brings a more diverse way to play the game and add more cool looking giant doom machines to the mix (Just my opinion). This idea does sound selfish but around the idea, It would be cool to see more faction experimentals that are counterparts to another factions experimental but good enough to be unique, like this floating idea in my mind for the UEF's Anti-Air Experimental, it needs to deploy to use its main anti-air gun (Jackhammer-ish) and could have weapons similar to the Juggernaut to pick off ground units, heck it could even be a variant of the Juggernaut. I've also come up with a cringe-worthy name for it as well, Athena: Experimental Deployable Air-Denial Vehicle. (I CANT STRESS IT ENOUGH THAT THE MODELS YOU GUYS MAKE ARE FUCKING BEAUTIFUL AND I LOVE THEM *explodes*)
3) Riding along with the upgradeable shields, what about upgradeable defenses?
4) I remember seeing a unit in this SupCom 1 mod in which its a defensive structure that builds defenses around it when attacked according to the type of attack (builds anti-air if attacked by air units etc.) This idea does sound great on paper but not sure how it would fit in the mod atmosphere you guys made, but unique building abilities or unit abilities are worth the mention. For example, a unit (preferably an experimental) that could move buildings or structures to other locations (I see this as a good way to preserve the base in case of emergency but most likely this isn't programmable to any degree or could be a broken as hell game mechanic), or an experimental that can store units on it (not inside) and those stored units can fire at enemy units (Similar to the Ghetto Gunships from SupCom 1 or, to some degree, the Elephant from Halo 3)
5) I've seen a picture of it but what happened to that cool looking deployable point defense that you guys made?

OVERALL THOUGHTS:
I know this is a long post, but either way I just wanted to show my support for you guys, even if you don't read everything or anything. Cheers mates for making a mod that really shows and brings out more potential in a game! :3

Edited by: NyanDesu

Aug 10 2016 Anchor
NyanDesu wrote:

Before I start, I'd like to give me heart and support out to those who made this mod, very solid work, Mod of the Millennia in my books. It has everything I loved for an RTS game, combining SupCom 1 and 2 and making it's own uniquely designed baby. Again, Good work and I don't care how long it takes for you guys to update this mod since well, I respect how you guys juggle your time with life and more important things. I will divide my post into 2, Bugs and Suggestions, for convenience. Please note that these are bugs I've seen so far and with my countless hours in the game, I may have passed a few bugs that go unnoticed. As for my suggestions and questions I hope it sparks some idea even if none of them appeal to you guys.

BUGS:
1) Super Triton not build able by SCUs. Cybran Tier 3 Shields not build able at all by engineers or ACU/SCUs. (Probably other units or structures with the same problem, not sure)
2) Zion Experimental Aircraft Carrier can't switch build tiers. (Probably intended feature? Please correct me if I'm wrong)
3) Zion Experimental Aircraft Carrier Plasma Blaster deals no or minuscule damage to ground units and/or structures. (No idea whats it called but for comparison the weapon is similar to the Sooprizer's weapons, Not the main beam weapon)
4) Game sometimes crashes after I build the Cybran Experimental Drone Cannon and put the build cycle on repeat.
5) (Probably not a bug) I can't seem to find the original aegis, not the prime aegis, in any of the build menus.
6) SCU's cancel assisting orders and do not resume assisting factories or gantries after a unit rolls out and there is a build queue (or on repeat).
7) Engineers that were originally tier one then upgraded to tier 2 then tier 3 sometimes don't have the increased speed boost per tier level, Engineers built as tier 3 are fine.

SUGGESTIONS/QUESTIONS:
1) The models of the new units are astoundingly well made, with that said, do you guys plan on making more of your own versions, or version 2.0 of the vanilla experimentals, for example, a Fatboy II 2.0, or Urchinow 2.0, to name a few? (Like what you guys did with the Fatboy from Supcom 1 or the Monkeylord, a few to name of the coolest unit designs I've seen, I love tanks and giant walking doom machines by the way)
2) I've noticed that the UEF and Cybrans lack a land experimental unit focused on Anti-air (Like the Illuminate's Airnomo Exp.). I know it sounds weird and it ruins some experimental's uniqueness, but for me I see it brings a more diverse way to play the game and add more cool looking giant doom machines to the mix (Just my opinion). This idea does sound selfish but around the idea, It would be cool to see more faction experimentals that are counterparts to another factions experimental but good enough to be unique, like this floating idea in my mind for the UEF's Anti-Air Experimental, it needs to deploy to use its main anti-air gun (Jackhammer-ish) and could have weapons similar to the Juggernaut to pick off ground units, heck it could even be a variant of the Juggernaut. I've also come up with a cringe-worthy name for it as well, Athena: Experimental Deployable Air-Denial Vehicle. (I CANT STRESS IT ENOUGH THAT THE MODELS YOU GUYS MAKE ARE FUCKING BEAUTIFUL AND I LOVE THEM *explodes*)
3) Riding along with the upgradeable shields, what about upgradeable defenses?
4) I remember seeing a unit in this SupCom 1 mod in which its a defensive structure that builds defenses around it when attacked according to the type of attack (builds anti-air if attacked by air units etc.) This idea does sound great on paper but not sure how it would fit in the mod atmosphere you guys made, but unique building abilities or unit abilities are worth the mention. For example, a unit (preferably an experimental) that could move buildings or structures to other locations (I see this as a good way to preserve the base in case of emergency but most likely this isn't programmable to any degree or could be a broken as hell game mechanic), or an experimental that can store units on it (not inside) and those stored units can fire at enemy units (Similar to the Ghetto Gunships from SupCom 1 or, to some degree, the Elephant from Halo 3)
5) I've seen a picture of it but what happened to that cool looking deployable point defense that you guys made?

OVERALL THOUGHTS:
I know this is a long post, but either way I just wanted to show my support for you guys, even if you don't read everything or anything. Cheers mates for making a mod that really shows and brings out more potential in a game! :3

Thanks for the feedback man, 6) SCU's cancel assisting orders this is a engine bug that affects custom added engineers, the problems also on T2 and T3 build engineers.

Cybran Tier 3 Shields not build able at all by engineers or ACU/SCUs. If you read the change log it states this change under FACTION SPECIFIC CHANGES/FIXES its not a bug, Cybran didn't have T3 shields in FA and we wanted to carry that on to RVE, Cybran is the only faction that has two shield upgrades.

The original SC2 aegis was disable and replaced because it looked like shit lol.

Buildings that are mobile or moved are not possible with the moho engine and also would create desyncs, the best you could pull of is a model land unit that looks like a building lol.

Thanks again for the feedback.

--

Aug 13 2016 Anchor

It's my pleasure to help out with feedback!

Just a little note I found a new bug:

Noah Unit Cannon has no tier 2 or tier 3 units listed on their respective tabs, tier 1 units are fine and as is.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.