Revamp Expansion Mod (RVE) A Supreme Commander 2 Complete Overhaul / Total Conversion Mod

Forum Thread
Revamp Expansion Mod 2.0 Alpha 1.1 (Games : Supreme Commander 2 : Mods : Revamp Expansion Mod (RVE) : Forum : Revamp Expansion Mod : Revamp Expansion Mod 2.0 Alpha 1.1) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3 4 5 6
Aug 18 2015 Anchor

Please Use this thread to post any bugs or suggestions about RVE 2.0 A1.1

Please only report bugs and balance suggestions mentioning missing features and abilities doesn't help us the mod is a Alpha so these are bound to be there.

BUG LIST AND THERE CURRENT STATE FOR NEXT RELEASE

• Added T1 Cybran Gunship

• Experience levels for base Artillery increased

• Factory / Gantry Experience leveling removed

• AI Research paths added

• Adjacency System improvements should help game Performance

• Fixed UEF T2 Land Mine not doing any damage

• Fixed Aeon Sea Carrier can't build all tier levels

• Fixed Rapid fire ability icon missing on Illuminate t3 Artillery

• ACUs can't change tech levels when all unit research is set enabled in the lobby along side other restrictions

• Fixed Novax Center crash

• Fixed Zion being unlocked by the Darkenoid

• Fixed Shredders drone crash when being destroyed

• Fixed axis that Skyfall Stealth Generator sides on when being built

Edited by: OverRated

Aug 18 2015 This post has been deleted.
Aug 19 2015 Anchor

Umm, how do I download 2.0a1.1? The download section still has 2.0a1.0

Aug 19 2015 Anchor
ElusiveDelight wrote:

Umm, how do I download 2.0a1.1? The download section still has 2.0a1.0

The mod will be uploaded in a hour , it was meant to be uploaded last night but windows 10 forced updates and my system was restarted.

--

Aug 19 2015 Anchor

Overated i wanted to tell you the dragon cybran exp sometimes walks slower than the sound comes so you will hear a step when hes only half way to putting his leg down.

Aug 19 2015 Anchor
evilbobman wrote:

Overated i wanted to tell you the dragon cybran exp sometimes walks slower than the sound comes so you will hear a step when hes only half way to putting his leg down.

This isn't related to the mod rather than bad game sound timing.

--

Aug 19 2015 Anchor

oh sorry :P but shooting mavor bullets left this happening. Steamcommunity.com

Aug 19 2015 Anchor
evilbobman wrote:

oh sorry :P but shooting mavor bullets left this happening. Steamcommunity.com

Thats not a bug ether thats out dated drivers or your GPU is to old in other means its the game.

--

Aug 19 2015 Anchor

First encountered bugs -

Raptor goes dance mode when he tries to fire his main cannons [he switches from his "Artilery mode" every 0.1 sec back to normal]

Oblivion gun in AEON, is firing backwards 50% of time.

Aeon Shipyard crashes game when tried to build not on water.

Aeon T3 Gunships when set to patrol mode get stuck near enemy [they just hover and stay outside their own gun range]

Aug 19 2015 Anchor

What are you doing with this great mod ?? Research costs are insane, now you receive 0.01 for each station, and that means waste more mass and energy, but mass is the worst, you run out of mass just by making Research stations, and the research you get from them is basically none. Are you trying to increase the duration of a single game to 1 day, because seriously now everyting is even more slow than it used to be. Bots make armies in 30 seconds, and we players to have a decent army it takes about 10 min, but since we cant even unlock tier 2 units without having to wait half an hour for the research facilties to give us some research, we get rekt. Stop messing with what was great, theres no need to give 0.01 research for each research facility that you build, or if you realy want to decrease the amount of research, decrease the cost of the upgrades because, for example, tier 2 cost 25 RP and we receive 0.10 per station or something around that value... But offcourse this is Alpha so everything can happen, and I hope you change the resources system to what it used to be, at least before this update.

You did the hardest part by adding amazing new units, but now you are messing with things that don´t need to be messed with. Don´t make each game take 1 day to finish... otherwise it gets boring... as it is right now. The game itself has a mechanism where it slows over time, so we frequently get to a point in the game where it takes forever to build stuff and reaches the point where it gets painful to watch, so im pretty sure that increasing the build time and cost of stuff is not the way to solve it...

UEF navy still creates desync between players and in my point of view, bases that are connected to each other should explode WITH SOME bases around them and not the entire base, for example a single artillery shells can blow your entire base and you cant do nothing about that.

For now im unistalling the mod as it seems unplayable and I'll wait for the next update to see if it's worth grabing it again.

Edited by: zimbrax

Aug 19 2015 Anchor

Some bugs I found:

- (not in changelog) Cybran T1 AA bot is missing (Banger is used in its place). Screenshot below:

EDIT: It's not a bug. I thought you added the Cybran T1 AA bot, but you actually added the T3 version.

cybran t1 aa bot where are you

- Skiadrum's mouth is open all of the time. Screenshots below:

skiadrum mouth bug

skiadrum close your mouth

- Support commanders do not auto-assist the gantry when it builds something (must do it manually).

- Monkeylord MK2 appears to "slide" while walking on the ground.

Balance:

- The Scoraxs scorpion can break through even the toughest UEF shield (especially in pairs).

- The Hoplite has insanely high range and power for a T2 Unit.

Edited by: malurok97

Aug 19 2015 Anchor

Tier 2 cybran loyalists Jumpjet range is minimum and their replicate skill is missing.

Aug 19 2015 Anchor

I like the concept of decreased research and an upgrade to bring it back to normal but it takes 50 research points to reach that 100% research boost. 50 research points and diving in the middle of structure research tree for only bringing research back to normal is a lot. It makes games much slower than before.I suggest moving the research boost upgrade much closer to the beginning of the tree. It should not take more than 10-15 research points in total to be unlocked because as it is now players are obliged to go structure upgrades so deeply only to get that boost... Also you can reduce the Tier research points required a bit. (like 5 points less). Another option is to remove the mass penalty from research stations so players can build much more stations freely. One way or another something must be done to speed up the research process. It is up to you I am just giving suggestions.

I guess you are going to make space in the research tree for GOD experimentals because currently land research trees are full to 100%. If research upgrades are gonna be implemented to make T6 reach GOD level then quite more space is needed imo. Do you have any plans to change the layout of the trees or you will just stack the icons closer together for more space for GOD XP? I really hope we see GOD XP in alpha 1.2,1.3 or 1.4 cuz they are the gist of late game balance.

But as a whole the mod runs like a charm. I don't see why people are complaining. Everything is much better than the previous version especially unit balance. Nice work on changing the land fortress,jackhammer,avalanche and especially SHIELDS!!! Games are now more balanced as t3 shields are possible to penetrate....

Edited by: dominikat

Aug 19 2015 Anchor

I don't think that research point generation is too slow. I mannage to finish whole tech tree in 1h50min with 24 research stations boosted by power generators which is I think perfectly OK as usually you don't go through entire tree but particular branch.

Ohh and simplyfing the building/engies "tier research" is greate! I was always very cofused on what need to be to unlocked to make something from new tier buidable.

As for the game I didn't encountered any bugs so far, but I noticed general FPS drop. It's bigger the further I zoom out, to the point where playing on full zoom out is nearly impossible. In previous alpha it was all ok with the same general setting (Me Aeon + Cybran Ally + one hostile UEF). I guess something might be wrong with units and buildings level of detail settings (like they didn't dissapear or decrease their delails when zooming out - the FPS drop is noticable even before I enter "strategic level" with icons).

Normally the game should run smoother on full zoom out as there is nothing fancy to stress the GPU/CPU.

Edited by: kgocb001

Aug 19 2015 Anchor

Don't know if this is just with me but when i create a skirmish and unlock all units and research in the exclusions and if i add any other exclusions ( doesn't matter which) the UEF ACU will not go to tier 3 units. Says i have to research to unlock but i already had them unlocked before the game started. I even looked at the tier tree and it shows that the ACU has tier 3 units unlocked. The ACU has access to tier 3 if i have ONLY units and research unlocked in the exclusions but if i add any other exclusions then the ACU doesn't have access.

Aug 19 2015 Anchor

Tier 2 cybran loyalists Jumpjet range is minimum and their replicate skill is missing.

That's because it's only for T1 loyalists.

Victimus wrote:

First encountered bugs -

Raptor goes dance mode when he tries to fire his main cannons [he switches from his "Artilery mode" every 0.1 sec back to normal]

Oblivion gun in AEON, is firing backwards 50% of time.

Aeon Shipyard crashes game when tried to build not on water.

Aeon T3 Gunships when set to patrol mode get stuck near enemy [they just hover and stay outside their own gun range]

Wrong alpha sounds like alpha 1 , but I'll look at the gunships to see what there doing.

kgocb001 wrote:

I don't think that research point generation is too slow. I mannage to finish whole tech tree in 1h50min with 24 research stations boosted by power generators which is I think perfectly OK as usually you don't go through entire tree but particular branch.

Ohh and simplyfing the building/engies "tier research" is greate! I was always very cofused on what need to be to unlocked to make something from new tier buidable.

As for the game I didn't encountered any bugs so far, but I noticed general FPS drop. It's bigger the further I zoom out, to the point where playing on full zoom out is nearly impossible. In previous alpha it was all ok with the same general setting (Me Aeon + Cybran Ally + one hostile UEF). I guess something might be wrong with units and buildings level of detail settings (like they didn't dissapear or decrease their delails when zooming out - the FPS drop is noticable even before I enter "strategic level" with icons).

Normally the game should run smoother on full zoom out as there is nothing fancy to stress the GPU/CPU.

Yeah the mod has no LODs for units yet we plan to start adding these for the next alpha which will bring the games performance back up.

thanks for the feedback.

dominikat wrote:

I like the concept of decreased research and an upgrade to bring it back to normal but it takes 50 research points to reach that 100% research boost. 50 research points and diving in the middle of structure research tree for only bringing research back to normal is a lot. It makes games much slower than before.I suggest moving the research boost upgrade much closer to the beginning of the tree. It should not take more than 10-15 research points in total to be unlocked because as it is now players are obliged to go structure upgrades so deeply only to get that boost... Also you can reduce the Tier research points required a bit. (like 5 points less). Another option is to remove the mass penalty from research stations so players can build much more stations freely. One way or another something must be done to speed up the research process. It is up to you I am just giving suggestions.

I guess you are going to make space in the research tree for GOD experimentals because currently land research trees are full to 100%. If research upgrades are gonna be implemented to make T6 reach GOD level then quite more space is needed imo. Do you have any plans to change the layout of the trees or you will just stack the icons closer together for more space for GOD XP? I really hope we see GOD XP in alpha 1.2,1.3 or 1.4 cuz they are the gist of late game balance.

But as a whole the mod runs like a charm. I don't see why people are complaining. Everything is much better than the previous version especially unit balance. Nice work on changing the land fortress,jackhammer,avalanche and especially SHIELDS!!! Games are now more balanced as t3 shields are possible to penetrate....

Yeah god XPs will be added to the tree but not there upgrades those will be on the unit it's self similar to the UEF devastator, people need to adapt there game play style for the new research income, and also need to build energy gens next to research stations to boost research, 5 gens can connect to any mass extractor, shield and research station.

malurok97 wrote:

Some bugs I found:

- (not in changelog) Cybran T1 AA bot is missing (Banger is used in its place). Screenshot below:

EDIT: It's not a bug. I thought you added the Cybran T1 AA bot, but you actually added the T3 version.

skiadrum mouth bug

- Support commanders do not auto-assist the gantry when it builds something (must do it manually).

Balance:

- The Scoraxs scorpion can break through even the toughest UEF shield (especially in pairs).

The dragons mouth has been made to stay open until we fix the problem with it crashing the game when the Ai uses it.

--

Aug 19 2015 Anchor

Some bugs I found:

OverRated wrote:
malurok97 wrote:

skiadrum mouth bug

Balance:

The dragons mouth has been made to stay open until we fix the problem with it crashing the game when the Ai uses it.

Here is part 2 of my bug reports, screenshots included:

- Juggernaut only points up one cannon if you have it set to "hold-fire" mode and tell it to attack something. It will point up the other cannon afterwards if set to attack.

juggernaut one cannon active

- The SD Pulse uses the wrong ghost construction model when placed; it uses the HSD Pulse model. Also, the SD Pulse is not upgradeable.

sd pulse wrong model

Aug 20 2015 Anchor

Here is part 2 of my bug reports, screenshots included:

- Juggernaut only points up one cannon if you have it set to "hold-fire" mode and tell it to attack something. It will point up the other cannon afterwards if set to attack.

juggernaut one cannon active

- The SD Pulse uses the wrong ghost construction model when placed; it uses the HSD Pulse model. Also, the SD Pulse is not upgradeable.

sd pulse wrong model

Both of these aren't really bugs the juggernaut acts this way because of it's weapon setup, I can look into fixing it but it only has one arming barrel every weapon works like this.

About the SD Pluse like I said previously both use the SD and HSD use the same model which the SD having the top part disabled, the game only shows the full model when showing the preview before building, the shields will be upgradable in the future.

Edited by: OverRated

--

Aug 20 2015 Anchor

Ok my EASY AI is still obscenely broken able to cover the entire map in less than an hour. He beats me back every time, and nothing I do can match his industry. Either give us back veterancy for our mass extractors or get rid of theirs because its the least fair advantage for them.

This is a screenshot from the game I'm in right now. The ai had zero energy production besides the ACU and was pumping out engineers like mad.

Gyazo.com

Gyazo.com

This was taken right before my base was carpet bombed into the dirt. That was his base.

Aug 20 2015 Anchor

I revert my comment about the game being slower than before. I didn't combine energy gens with research stations now it is a completely different story. Its much better.

- If you have problems with the AI go select custom AI and decrease built speed and resource income... AI is only very hard to counter in the beginning. Once you survive the first 2 waves it gets easier. Stop complaining about the AI please because you can just go and CUSTOMIZE it whatever you want.

Edited by: dominikat

Aug 20 2015 Anchor

I will complain about the easy ai playing like a CHEATING AI thank you very much. I don't want to have to turn down settings because I shouldn't have to. THis could be a bug for all I know, so get off your high horse.

And if you actually looked at images you'd see he had only one or two energy generators and a full line of engineers and bombers. Do the math.

Aug 20 2015 Anchor

Part 3 of my bug report (Aeon) comes now:

- The Darkenoid and Apastron show as blue cubes in the gantry, even though in vanilla SC2, the Darkenoid showed up properly. (Probably another case of "XP too large for gantry?)

darkenoid blue cube

- The Zion Mothership appears in the build bar even though I haven't researched it yet.

zion in build bar but locked in

- The Emissary Artillery frequently misses its intended target. (more of a balance issue)

- The Limbo PD costs the same amount as the Transcendant SAM AA (800 Mass and 8000 Energy). However, the other factions' T3 PDs have higher costs than their T3 AAs.

AI Notes: The AI is obscenely powerful even when NERFED to the fullest extent (-50% build bonus and -50% resource bonus). In less than 30 minutes, it started building T2 structures, but I was still spamming T1 attack units then.

Edited by: malurok97

Aug 20 2015 Anchor
slothman320 wrote:

I will complain about the easy ai playing like a CHEATING AI thank you very much. I don't want to have to turn down settings because I shouldn't have to. THis could be a bug for all I know, so get off your high horse.

And if you actually looked at images you'd see he had only one or two energy generators and a full line of engineers and bombers. Do the math.

Yes all the AI from easy to cheating get a build cost handicap which is the same across the board but if you can't beat a easy AI then the problem mite not be the mod but more your play style, building a few PDs and AA will hold the AI off even on hard settings which i play on, To keep in mind around the hour and 10 minutes mark the AI will nuke you by this time you should already have nuke defense.

So they mite have a built in handicap but in the end its a AI it can't think or build like a human can, they space there building to far apart they don't use upgrades there very limited, So its ether a crap AI that has no handicap or a fun AI that does.

malurok97 wrote:

Part 3 of my bug report (Aeon) comes now:

- The Darkenoid and Apastron show as blue cubes in the gantry, even though in vanilla SC2, the Darkenoid showed up properly. (Probably another case of "XP too large for gantry?)

darkenoid blue cube

- The Zion Mothership appears in the build bar even though I haven't researched it yet.

zion in build bar but locked in

- The Emissary Artillery frequently misses its intended target. (more of a balance issue)

- The Limbo PD costs the same amount as the Transcendant SAM AA (800 Mass and 8000 Energy). However, the other factions' T3 PDs have higher costs than their T3 AAs.

AI Notes: The AI is obscenely powerful even when NERFED to the fullest extent (-50% build bonus and -50% resource bonus). In less than 30 minutes, it started building T2 structures, but I was still spamming T1 attack units then.

Yes the cube is used for oversized units that don't fit into the gantry it looks better than these units clipping through.

Zion Mothership nice spot and just fixed that problem.

Will balance the Limbo build costs

Ill be doing a load of AI balancing over the next few days and mite release a other version this weekend that will have research routes which will balance them out a lot.

Thanks for the bug reports.

--

Aug 20 2015 Anchor

Making GOD XP with personal unit upgrades like the devastator is a really nice idea. It will be cool to have them start with lets say 1.5 million hp and end up having 6-7 million after all those upgrades to reach its GOD potential. But the upgrades must take much longer to complete than the devastator ones and they should be extremely expensive. I simply can't wait to see them in action going through everything....

Aug 20 2015 Anchor

Small bug - Aeon Sea Carrier don't have "tier 1", "tier 2" and "tier 3" label icons like factories do.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.