An expansion/overhaul mod of epic proportions, with entirely rebalanced gameplay, expanded factions, new gametypes, graphical overhauls, and five new factions; stealth-based Confederate Revolutionaries, tower defense-inspired Atomic Kingdom of China, economy-focused Mediterranean Syndicate, DotA-esque Order of the Talon and spammy Electrical Protectorate.

Forum Thread
Bug Reporting Thread 3: With a Vengeance (Games : C&C: Red Alert 3 : Mods : Red Alert 3 Paradox : Forum : Technical Issues/Bug Reporting : Bug Reporting Thread 3: With a Vengeance) Locked
Thread Options 1 2
R3ven
R3ven Paradox Leader
Sep 11 2012 Anchor

Bug reporting for the Allied Open Alpha, as well as Apocalypse once we've released it. Go!

Any edits I do will be in this color.

Other people who edit to respond to bugs can choose an editing color.

Edited by: R3ven

GearsGoAwryMan
GearsGoAwryMan bizzare mastermind
Sep 11 2012 Anchor

The MCV does not seem to be able to unpack, it is not crucial right now though. I'll look into it, not sure why it wouldn't though. I understand what you mean now. I'll figure out what's wrong, I can't tell off hand atm.

Also, the aircraft carrier cannot attack. We've known this for a while, not sure what is wrong.

In general, i think it might be good to stage a aquatic battle on the podcast someday later. We'll see to it sometime

- Sidenote: The detail on the armadillo's effect decal is amazingly funny! Thanks :)

Edited by (in order): GearsGoAwryMan, R3ven

--

Medic wrote: I have no idea!

I don't drink coffee, but this guy creeps me into doing it. 

Sep 11 2012 Anchor

theres no AI as well

R3ven
R3ven Paradox Leader
Sep 11 2012 Anchor

KIDD1991 wrote: theres no AI as well

We're well aware of that. It's not a bug, so don't report it.

Protroid
Protroid Head of the Paradox Closed Beta Team
Sep 11 2012 Anchor

KIDD1991 wrote: theres no AI as well

If you like to play others, you will need to set up games in Casual 17, which is where we encourage online players to go for matchmaking.

--

Quick its 2am! Do you know where your base is?

Sep 12 2012 Anchor

Spy cannot disguise as a Peacekeeper (at least, I tried disguising it as one of mine, and it didn't work). I'll see what's up
XWorkshop builds the same things as the War Factory. Intended for now, XUnits are going in last.
Once Tier X is purchased, the only way to tier up normal tiers is with Prospectors. Also intended
XWorkshop cannot tier up (as it makes the same stuff as the War Factory, but refuses to tier) Not a bug, it won't produce these things in the future
Icarus is completely useless (cannot deploy to attack) Yes it can, hit F or click on the secondary button. I don't know why the image isn't showing up atm.

Sep 12 2012 Anchor

Note: I played on skirmish mode, against the nonfunctional A.I.

Why does the Cryocopter look ridiculously tiny? The new zoom

The spy can't disguise as another unit, unless you give it a force attack order (note: I only tested this with friendly infantry).

I can't load infantry into Multigunner IFVs, or Multigunner Turrets, for that matter. The new weapons aren't ready.

Aircraft Carrier cannot be selected unless you drag select it. Please don't post about selection issues.

The Strategic Air Command (along with the tier upgrade and the x tier upgrade) somehow disappeared halfway through the game. You bought the Tier X Upgrade.

I can't seem to give formation move orders (where you issue a move order, and the silhouettes of the units are shown and you can choose how the units form up). Not a paradox issue.

For some reason, when I ordered one of my Athenas to force attack one of my Riptides, it didn't actually damage the Riptide, but a civilian structure somehow ended up taking damage as the Athena drove past it (which I suspect was the Athena's attack, minus the animation). This happened twice. I'm well aware of units doing damage to civilian buildings, it's a codeside workaround for how mines are going to work. You should test against someone else, not force-fire on your own stuff.

Assault Destroyers will damage friendly units and buildings that get in their line of fire.

Edited by (in order): Arcus2611, R3ven, Arcus2611

Haggetti
Haggetti Rock Star
Sep 26 2012 Anchor

Ok no new forum for the newest alpha but here's what I've found (in skirmish against broken AI)
Longbow main does NO damage to tanks Bull
Pink on the back of the Armadillo's catcher I know
Icarus takes no additional damage from behind (tested with guardian and new Multigunner) Light Armour doesn't take directional damage.
SAC lacks pontoons, as does GAP tower And we haven't made pontoons models yet
Aircraft carrier is to big to select As stated in the previous post, do not post selection issues. It's also not 'too big' to select, it's lacking an OBBOX on the model.

--

And that folks is how to bury a body

Nov 21 2012 Anchor

Some new bugs from the most recent release:
1) Tanya can be built the instant you make a Barracks, in 3 seconds. Also she's smurf blue.
2) The Soviet Engineer refuses to make bunkers, for some reason.
3) If an enemy is too close for the Valkyrie, they start doing a crazy dance. Also, clicking anything while they are undeploying instantly cancels undeploying.
4) Sickles cannot be selected, except by drag-selection.

Also, not a bug, but a balance comment: Katyushas are ridiculously cool, but have ridiculously low damage (at one point, TEN of them could not bring down an imperial collector. And they do even worse for infantry, tanks and buildings).

EDIT: Disregard point 2, it seems to work now.

R3ven
R3ven Paradox Leader
Nov 21 2012 Anchor

1). Damn it, knew I forgot something.
3). Intentional, you are within it's can't-attack-because-too-close range, so it tries to move away(normal behaviour) but it can't because it has 0 speed.
4). We changed the sickles model, so we must have forgotten to make a new selection box.

I'm updating the release.

GearsGoAwryMan
GearsGoAwryMan bizzare mastermind
Nov 22 2012 Anchor

Is fusion power plants supposed to be up gradable from the start of the game? I thought it was unlocked with the defense bureau.

(also, a small dim on the light from those things might be pleasant for the eyes. they are really bright and blocky)

Edited by: GearsGoAwryMan

--

Medic wrote: I have no idea!

I don't drink coffee, but this guy creeps me into doing it. 

R3ven
R3ven Paradox Leader
Nov 22 2012 Anchor

The brightness changes map to map, based on map settings. And yeah, they are unlocked by the DB. It was just one of the things that I missed when releasing.

Nov 22 2012 Anchor

- The special abilitiy for the Sentry Gun + Flak Cannon refuses to do anything

Nov 22 2012 Anchor

Game crashes when going into skirmish.

SоrataZ
SоrataZ 49 63 6f 6e 20 41 72 74 69 73 74
Nov 23 2012 Anchor

Not sure if bug:
-Soviet MCV (at least) does not count to what is otherwise structures so people don't die for having none of them -> relocate MCV + no buildings = you lose.

--

4d 61 70 70 65 72 20 69 6e 20 74 72 61 69 6e 69 6e 67

Nov 23 2012 Anchor

Game crashes when I got to skirmish and online skirmish, I tried making new profile, and tried the same thing, did not work.

EDIT: Fixed and working good, I will look for bugs and report them here

Edited by: Battle8111

Nov 25 2012 Anchor

Version A3.2 will not launch, at least for steam versions of RA3, through any of the normal methods I've tried.

EDIT: Nevermind, managed to get it to work with a few more tries

Nov 25 2012 Anchor

You keep your tech when the Telescreen Tower is sold. I'm not sure if this is intentional or not.

The higher level upgrades for the Battle Lab don't appear after you've purchased the Battle Lab upgrades. Also, the upgrades (aside from the Battle Lab level 3 upgrade) all got locked out after I purchased the Infantry Kit upgrade.

Nov 26 2012 Anchor

AI appears to do nothing.

Dec 7 2012 Anchor

I was playing against an A.I. (just to test out some stuff with the Allies), and for some reason I have Shinzo as a Soviet commander.

Mirage tank firing animation is glitched (tested on the enemy's Construction Yard); for some reason, the beam becomes invisible after the first few seconds.

Tanya's skin seems to be tinted that of her teamcolour (in this case, I was playing as yellow)

Edited by: Arcus2611

Jan 6 2013 Anchor

(Most recent Alpha release)
this is a comprehensive bug/glitch/issue will not include any bugs previously mentioned in this forum
Allied Nations
1. don't know if it's because of it being alpha but cant access Tier X cant find it or the experimental workshop, and Aeronautics Complex or any of the corresponding units.
2. Fusion Generator upgrade avaliable from start, also no visible change to power plant when purchased though it works
3. Missing Grand Collider and Reduct (maybe not in despite what wiki says?)
4. Riptide's machine gun porjectile comes from where the torpedoes fire (on both land and sea)
5. Armored Response Vehicle Wheels wont turn when in motion
6.Horizon Artillary Tank's treads don't move
7. Assuming Assault Striker isn't in game
8. Mirage Tank has terrible damage against infantry, and projectile dissapers after one shot, and fires extremely fast.
9. Handler tank also is not present
10. Cryo turret has an odd movement (you have to see it only half the turret top moves and track an only in an up down arc)
11. I'm hoping the rifleman thing is just a work in progress and wont be Natasha's model that's really slow with no special ability
12. Icarus Mobile AAA has no speed change no matter what deployment state the gun is in
13. Multi-Gunner copter is not present
14. Vindicator and Century has extremely low damage ( it took several bombing runs to kill a single civilian structure)
15. Cardinal Copter target designator seems to not work unless its triggered by an enemy unit (couldn't even force attack my own tanks)
16. No naval changes noted except for a small cosmetic change to shipyard
17. Liberator's missile ability is called and labeled as "Bnazai Charge"
18. Aircraft Carrier's Blackout missile doesn't open the bay doors, missile just comes out of the sealed deck
19. dolphin seems a bit larger, roughly half that of assault destroyer
20. GAP Generator defense seems to only affect mobile units and not your defensive structures
21. Enemy conyards explode instantly when an engineer gets close
22. Multi- gunner turret does not fire normal missiles but weapon similar to gaurdian tank's; does not track air targets
23. Valkyrie SPG, has no pack up animation (just pauses then model reverts to unpacked version) [I also cant get it to fire] aslo just slides from the con yard no door opening just goes through the wall, also wheels don't turn when in motion
24. Javelin Missile using special ability has laser going behind his head, (not a bug per-say but doesn't seem logical that laser aims behind the soldiers head)
25. besides rifleman (see 11) no new infantry units added to barracks

several other glitches but the rest that I caught are mentioned in this
hope I helped

Jan 6 2013 Anchor

deathtropper wrote: (Most recent Alpha release)
this is a comprehensive bug/glitch/issue will not include any bugs previously mentioned in this forum
Allied Nations
1. don't know if it's because of it being alpha but cant access Tier X cant find it or the experimental workshop, and Aeronautics Complex or any of the corresponding units.
2. Fusion Generator upgrade avaliable from start, also no visible change to power plant when purchased though it works
3. Missing Grand Collider and Reduct (maybe not in despite what wiki says?)
4. Riptide's machine gun porjectile comes from where the torpedoes fire (on both land and sea)
5. Armored Response Vehicle Wheels wont turn when in motion
6.Horizon Artillary Tank's treads don't move
7. Assuming Assault Striker isn't in game
8. Mirage Tank has terrible damage against infantry, and projectile dissapers after one shot, and fires extremely fast.
9. Handler tank also is not present
10. Cryo turret has an odd movement (you have to see it only half the turret top moves and track an only in an up down arc)
11. I'm hoping the rifleman thing is just a work in progress and wont be Natasha's model that's really slow with no special ability
12. Icarus Mobile AAA has no speed change no matter what deployment state the gun is in
13. Multi-Gunner copter is not present
14. Vindicator and Century has extremely low damage ( it took several bombing runs to kill a single civilian structure)
15. Cardinal Copter target designator seems to not work unless its triggered by an enemy unit (couldn't even force attack my own tanks)
16. No naval changes noted except for a small cosmetic change to shipyard
17. Liberator's missile ability is called and labeled as "Bnazai Charge"
18. Aircraft Carrier's Blackout missile doesn't open the bay doors, missile just comes out of the sealed deck
19. dolphin seems a bit larger, roughly half that of assault destroyer
20. GAP Generator defense seems to only affect mobile units and not your defensive structures
21. Enemy conyards explode instantly when an engineer gets close
22. Multi- gunner turret does not fire normal missiles but weapon similar to gaurdian tank's; does not track air targets
23. Valkyrie SPG, has no pack up animation (just pauses then model reverts to unpacked version) [I also cant get it to fire] aslo just slides from the con yard no door opening just goes through the wall, also wheels don't turn when in motion
24. Javelin Missile using special ability has laser going behind his head, (not a bug per-say but doesn't seem logical that laser aims behind the soldiers head)
25. besides rifleman (see 11) no new infantry units added to barracks

several other glitches but the rest that I caught are mentioned in this
hope I helped

No Tier X isn't a glitch, it's because the devs want to make sure regular Allies are properly balanced first. Tier X will probably come out later.

If something isn't in the release, it is NOT a glitch or bug, it just means it hasn't been released yet, so DON'T report that. Also, "in-game" means that it's been modelled, textured, coded and put into the game, but doesn't mean it's available in the public releases yet.

Yes, Natasha is just a placeholder.

Mirage tanks are intended to be tank destroyers, and thus suck against buildings and infantry. Use anti-infantry units to kill infantry.

The Liberator ability icon and name is just a placeholder, the ability works fine. Don't report any mismatched ability icons and names, they are all placeholders.

The Multigunner Turret change IS intentional, and not a bug.

Protroid
Protroid Head of the Paradox Closed Beta Team
Jan 7 2013 Anchor

Use that Vindicator against a Vehicle, and then tell me about how underpowered it is.

Not everything the wiki lists as in is in the Alpha 3 build. Both the Allies and the Soviets are being worked on to be in tune with the new Paradox Armour/Weapon System.

--

Quick its 2am! Do you know where your base is?

Jan 7 2013 Anchor

what about 2,4,5,6,10,12,15,17,18,20,21,22 (the part about not tracking air units), 23, and 24 (I'm just hoping that something is being done about those)
also about vindicators and century's it only seemed logical that to be good against vehicles it would also be good when used against structures (its what I used them for anyway over attacking units)

Jan 8 2013 Anchor

The change to make the Multigunner Turret non-tracking IS intentional. Did you think that shells fired from a gun would track aircraft like a missile? Also, I already answered point 17. The Vindicator is a tank hunter, and you should use it for that, not attacking structures.

A note on Vindicators being effective against vehicles but not buildings; the developers have actually rebuilt the damage and armour types from scratch (you can take a look at the new system on the wiki). As such, most damage types are highly effective against a few armour types, while being rather less effective against everything else. There are some exceptions (Blast, which is effective against everything), but the gist of it is that something that is effective against vehicles isn't necessarily going to be effective against buildings.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.