An expansion/overhaul mod of epic proportions, with entirely rebalanced gameplay, expanded factions, new gametypes, graphical overhauls, and five new factions; stealth-based Confederate Revolutionaries, tower defense-inspired Atomic Kingdom of China, economy-focused Mediterranean Syndicate, DotA-esque Order of the Talon and spammy Electrical Protectorate.

Forum Thread
.92 Balance Report (Games : C&C: Red Alert 3 : Mods : Red Alert 3 Paradox : Forum : Paradox Discussion : .92 Balance Report) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
open_sketchbook
open_sketchbook Your Lord and Master
Nov 25 2010 Anchor

Please report any serious balance issues you encounter. This is not a place to discuss these issues, just report them; make a seperate thread if you want to discuss it. Any discussion or off-topic posts will be deleted.

Kerensky287
Kerensky287 INCOMING
Nov 25 2010 Anchor

Quad turrets deal almost no damage. A Confederate Hawker moved within range of one, emptied its payload, landed for camo, took off again, and escaped with half its health left.

Confederate RC car nailbombs deal almost no damage. 3 exploded next to an attack dog and the attack dog survived. EDIT: It might be a range issue actually.

Edited by: Kerensky287

Nov 25 2010 Anchor

When will .92 be available for download, or is this a thread for a closed beta of the version?

R3ven
R3ven Paradox Leader
Nov 25 2010 Anchor

Galgus wrote: When will .92 be available for download, or is this a thread for a closed beta of the version?

Check comments.

Nov 25 2010 Anchor

Ah, I see.

Joshh
Joshh The Punmaster
Nov 25 2010 Anchor

PE's got hit with the nerf bat HARD. Their regular shots don't do much of anything against tanks anymore.

Longbow Mk II missiles are rather weak vs buildings I think. Not too much of a buff but enough to make them marginally effective.

Do the Confed upgrades work yet? Even with all speed upgrades applied, I didn't notice much of a difference in my M100 speed for the 9:00 spent on the upgrades. Maybe make them more noticeable.

--

-------------------------------------

Nov 26 2010 Anchor

The mines stick around longer than they should (I recall something from the wiki about Allies having strict laws about Mines...but they were there for 8 minutes.)

Also, the Proton Collider's power req. is 0. That was like, :O (Posting it here, don't know if it's a bug or a Balance issue. Sort it out for me & the like :))

GriffinZ
GriffinZ I like puppies :D
Nov 26 2010 Anchor

the Apollo still can't do shit about the Kirov, two apollos actually hurted it slower then it healed.

Joshh
Joshh The Punmaster
Nov 26 2010 Anchor

Dustrunners en masse are waaaay op. I demolished both Ferris and Greg with them. I zoomed past base defenses into their bases and cleaned up. I'd suggest starting with an armor nerf.

--

-------------------------------------

Phoenix^^
Phoenix^^ Ra3 killer636
Nov 26 2010 Anchor

They were aways like that

--

galgus wrote: The topic is an off-topic of another topic.The topic had no meaningful topic to begin with.

jason_zombolt wrote:  lol epic pink dozer 

Nov 26 2010 Anchor

Not sure if this is a bug or not but the Rosen Bridging Tank cannot teleport units any distance that is really useful

--

blah

R3ven
R3ven Paradox Leader
Nov 26 2010 Anchor

R.-Firefly wrote: The mines stick around longer than they should (I recall something from the wiki about Allies having strict laws about Mines...but they were there for 8 minutes.)

That's your FPS. SAGE/RNA measures time with the FPS, so it seemed like a lot longer to you.

@Norm: That's balancing.

Nov 26 2010 Anchor

Jammer Trucks are probably OP since they can single-handendly shut down any unit. If this includes surgical strike bombers etc. then the Jammer Truck can pretty much make those protocols useless.

--

blah

open_sketchbook
open_sketchbook Your Lord and Master
Nov 26 2010 Anchor

We do have to change the way the jammer truck works against air targets. It was on the to-do list but slipped our minds.

g.a
g.a
Nov 26 2010 Anchor

Edit: Moved everything to bug report thread.

Edited by: g.a

Drashgorth
Drashgorth Submarine Sniper
Nov 26 2010 Anchor

Prospectors can crush Beagles.
PAWI towers stealth from the second they are placed on the map, however long their construction timer has to go.

this was on Canals of Carnage.

--

honor demands I fight to the end

Kerensky287
Kerensky287 INCOMING
Nov 26 2010 Anchor

Those sound more like bugs to me.

Specifically because the first is actually listed among the .921 bugfixes.

R3ven
R3ven Paradox Leader
Nov 26 2010 Anchor

Kerensky287 wrote: Specifically because the first is actually listed among the .921 bugfixes.

It's just a changelog :P

Nov 26 2010 Anchor

I like the idea of submerging dolphins but it makes them terrible ineffective, it is extremely hard to chase and attack moving targets because of how long it takes to surface(which is probably the dolphins most important role), maybe shorten the amount of time it takes to surface

Nov 27 2010 Anchor

Always Ready, Always There is useless in some maps where there are no garrisonable buildings. Maybe it should work on tech structures, the barracks, or the bolt hole?

GriffinZ
GriffinZ I like puppies :D
Nov 27 2010 Anchor

The Razor submarines secondary is just w00t awesomely awesome, it fire those drill missiles with the speed of a dreadnaught useing it's special ability.

Igncom1
Igncom1 Support Commander of the Protectorate.
Nov 27 2010 Anchor

for the dog fighting system maby if the fighters fired quicker theyed do more applicable dammage per run.

--

Yes my spelling is horibble get over it!

Im never really mean, just a little stupid :P .

Nov 27 2010 Anchor

The Proton Turret has a large miss rate, I've shot at moving Kirov's and missed (slow bullet effect).

Edited by: norm0616

g.a
g.a
Nov 27 2010 Anchor

Clockstop can be very abusive on ore collectors (though it is very fun crippling your enemies economy).

Also, the new range for all the units messes up the attacking of naval vessels from land and land units from water, especially when no units can retaliate, making it harder for a sneak attack.

Edited by: g.a

Nov 27 2010 Anchor

(Darn you, g.a., you just told everyone my secret tactic!)

The spy from the Double Agent protocol can immediately bribe upon changing. I managed to bribe an entire army of my (AI) enemy and turn it right back!

--

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.