R.E.A.R.M. - "Rearmament Expansion And Redesign Mod" is an unofficial Homeworld 2 expansion and it adds number of new interesting and various units.

Forum Thread
Few random bugs in 0.0.3b (Games : Homeworld 2 : Mods : R.E.A.R.M. - The Unofficial Classic HW 2 Expansion : Forum : Bugs : Few random bugs in 0.0.3b) Locked
Thread Options
Mar 24 2011 Anchor

I don't know if you've already fixed these but:

-Pods on infiltrator frigates disappear after they are launched.

-Armor piece subsystems are all called fighter facility.

-I don't really think this is a glitch or if you haven't gotten around to it: The Hiigarans didn't use any of the new ships and only sent three waves before they completely stopped. This happened with expert difficulty.

Oh yeah and the infiltrator frigates from the hyperspace beacon, is there supposed to be a difference between them and the normal infiltrator frigates, because they're counted as two different kinds of ships?

Edited by: Syrtees

Mar 28 2011 Anchor

-How disapear?

-fixed

-Didn't you give them too many starting RU? Like 50K? I've removed that option, because AI can't properly handle that. But I guess you're right on that Hiigaran AI not using the new ships part. AI can't use MDDs or Supercarriers and it don't really build the cloaked fighters either (I don't know if it'd be able to cloak them).

-It is not possible to have them the exact same ships, because the original infiltrator frigate requires a frigate facility, while the beacon one doesn't. And when I need a frigate with different prerequisities, I have to make a new file for that frigate, which means technically a new ship. Well I could give the beacon some kind of invisible frigate facility subsystem, but that's not a way to go.
Also the frigate has a different price and build time.

And thanks, bug reports are apretiated.

Mar 28 2011 Anchor

The pods will extend on the ramp "fins" in the bottom bay and just before launching they just disappear.

I did give them quite a bit of starting resources and when I went to go see what was taking them so long to attack me I found they'd already resourced half the map. The Hiigarans don't seem to use the new ships but the Vaygr do.

Which leads me to another thing, I noticed that once a team gets a shipyard they "ditch" their mothership? I did a 1v1 match and when I was checking the map for their mothership (Scout sensor ping) it was gone, only to be replaced by a shipyard (and only a shipyard)

Edited by: Syrtees

Mar 31 2011 Anchor

-I'll check that out. Are you sure it's not something vanilla HW2 does as well?

-for better working AI use lower starting RU values. Hiigaran for example tend to spawn Shipyards like crazy or do nothing... I intended the high RU vaues for multiplayer only, but that kinda doesn't work, everyone wants to use them in skirmishes and I'm not good with AI to change their behavior for high RU situation, so the low starting RU is probably the only solution now.
Yes, the Hiigarans don't seem to use the new ship, I've confirmed that in the previos post.

-? weird. I don't think HW2 AI is able to scuttle their ships, I don't think they can do that at all. If the MS was missing, there had to be some mistake. In starting fleets (either there's something wrong with particullar starting fleet, mothership didn't get spawned at all, or maybe you choosed a SY as a starting ship? Probably not I guess), maybe something happened, it might have exploded by accident? -no that doesn't sound likely.
I don't know what it was but it's not supposed to happen. And I haven't seen such thing myself yet.

Apr 1 2011 Anchor

-By Vanilla Homeworld I assume you mean the original game. No it has not.

-My earliest attack revealed that it was in fact there, and I've had it happen almost every game. I have no other mods on my computer at the moment.

Apr 10 2011 Anchor

I've checked that and there's nothing wrong with infiltrator frigate nor faction infiltrator frigates animations.
Maybe that's some relic from earlier versions of faction frigates, but here it works fine.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.