R.E.A.R.M. - "Rearmament Expansion And Redesign Mod" is an unofficial Homeworld 2 expansion and it adds number of new interesting and various units.

Forum Thread
Can't play REARM 0.0.3b (Games : Homeworld 2 : Mods : R.E.A.R.M. - The Unofficial Classic HW 2 Expansion : Forum : Bugs : Can't play REARM 0.0.3b) Locked
Thread Options
Oct 1 2010 Anchor

So I have downloaded the mod, placed it where the readme file wanted me to and done everything else. The problem is though whenever I try to start the game I just get the original HW2 game and nothing from the mod. I have tried many different ways to solve the problem but nothing have helped.

This the where the game is located on my PC and I wonder I might have done wrong.

"C:\Program Files\Sierra\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe" "mod rearm0.0.3b.big -locale english"

"C:\Program Files\Sierra\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe" mod rearm0.0.3b.big -locale english

Thanks for all help in advance.

Hell_Diguner
Hell_Diguner Rearm Mod - general testing and feedback ...mostly
Oct 3 2010 Anchor

Your target line should like like this:

"C:\Program Files\Sierra\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe" -mod rearm0.0.3b.big -locale english

You forgot the - in front of mod
And just to be sure, the rearm0.0.3b.big file must be located in the data folder (no subfolders, so don't do homeworld2/data/mods/rearm0.0.3b.big, do homeworld2/data/rearm0.0.3b.big), and that the locale folder (again, no sub-folders, and don't just remove the english folder and place that in your data folder) is in the same place.

Oct 6 2010 Anchor

Hellooww!!
I downloaded the mod.
I read the readme and I followed the instructions corectly but.
The adress of the mod:"C:\Program Files\Sierra\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe" -mod rearm0.0.3b.big -locale english
I tested the game and doesn't worked to me.
When the game will run the map the game disapper and return to the desktop.
Why I am having that problem??
And thanks.

Oct 10 2010 Anchor

Have you made sure you have the HW2 v1.1 Patch? (Mandatory for any HW2 Mod)

Also, as H_D wrote directly above your post, make sure it is NOT in a 'sub-folder'.

Edited by: tadamir

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.