R.E.A.R.M. - "Rearmament Expansion And Redesign Mod" is an unofficial Homeworld 2 expansion and it adds number of new interesting and various units.

Forum Thread
Bug in 0.03c (Games : Homeworld 2 : Mods : R.E.A.R.M. - The Unofficial Classic HW 2 Expansion : Forum : Bugs : Bug in 0.03c) Locked
Thread Options
Apr 24 2011 Anchor

Hi there,

When recently trying out this mod, I hit abit of trouble when playing the skirmishes. I had set everything up to random, and selected a 6 player map. Worked fine while I was playing it, right up until I quit the game.
Upon returning to a new setup, it will open the new game but automatically come up with 'your fleet has been defeated' and go straight to the endgame stats.
Been unable to restart any new skirmish even by reloading game. Might be a case of removing mod and re-installing.
I did see that this was a problem in an earlier patch.

I do have version 1.1.

Good mod otherwise!

Hell_Diguner
Hell_Diguner Rearm Mod - general testing and feedback ...mostly
Apr 25 2011 Anchor

Strange, let me test something...

Edited by: Hell_Diguner

--

User Posted Image

Apr 25 2011 Anchor

It might be caused by Win conditions.
Most of the times they work perfectly fine, but in few rare cases the script fails to recognize there's none of the ship from the list anymore and don't end the game. Now I'm guessing it failed to recognize you still have the Mothership.
Or it might have been something about starting fleets, but all of those should be fine. Maybe a custom strating fleet? You probably didn't use that.

Or maybe you just did something like started with Carrier and set the win condition to Moterships, so the game ended because you hadn't the Mothership to begin with.

Hell_Diguner
Hell_Diguner Rearm Mod - general testing and feedback ...mostly
May 2 2011 Anchor

Win conditions are what I wanted to check. And yes, if you set the win conditions to something the player doesn't spawn with in the first place, you immediately loose the game.

For example, don't set win conditions to MS and SY, and then select the carrier starting fleet. You will start the game without a MS or SY, and so the game will automatically say you've lost before the game even begins.

--

User Posted Image

May 2 2011 Anchor

i encountered a problem with a resource system , if you making a one secod injection after some time it is said that there is no resources for research.

how do i rectify it?

May 5 2011 Anchor

I'll take a look. But I'm afraid in my case the only solution I can think of is to remove the 1s interval from the options.

May 6 2011 Anchor

I have a similar problem to shostak25. If you set the resource injection to a high, frequent value you start getting some bugs. The first is that research and ship construction will randomly freeze and only resume if you promote something in the queue up or you cancel and restart. You can't pause and resume. Second ties in with the first. If you try to cancel the frozen item in the queue (the entire item, not just the current one under construction), your RU will be completely wiped.

Jun 5 2011 Anchor

Okay something is awry. I downloaded and installed rearm 0.03c and it started fine, I set up the skirmish settings and started the game but when it supposedly loaded, instead of starting the skirmish, it just closed the program! Any ideas?

Jun 6 2011 Anchor

Do you have it patched to 1.1? That's exactly how it looks if you didn't patch the game.

Edited by: Pouk

Jun 6 2011 Anchor

Ohhhhhhh that would make sense. I'll try that and get back to you. Thanks!

That did the trick! Thanks so much!

Jun 9 2011 Anchor

Hi Guys.

I've just started playing the single player of HW2 with this mod, and i've stumbled accross a problem in mission 3.

i can't complete it, as the objective "destroy all vaygr probes" won't complete after destroying all 3 probes, i've scouted the entire map incase there was a 4th and not found one.

I've tryed destroying the probes beore the shipyard repairs and after which makes no diffrance.

worst case senario, can someone provide me with a save game file starting on mission 4 so ican carry on playing, seein as this mod has made the game worth playing over agen.

thx for any help.

PS. im patched to 1.1 ^^

After a dstroying all 3 probes, 5 - 10 minutes pass and then sejet says "ship imerging from hyperspace" about 3 times, yet i can;t find any ships in the map.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.