Ya3dag is based on the quake 2 modification Quake2maX and the lazarus game dll. Want to create your own levels? Well, you've come to the right place. Ya3dag has a built-in "what you see is what you get" level-editor and has been specifically designed for rapid level creation. Terrain, smart NPC's, weather, physic simulation, ...
The highlight of Yad3dag's new release are significant frame rate improvements and touch screen support for menus.
Draw the scene faster by a factor of 2 to 5.
The following changes achieved the speed up:
* Modified the terrain visibility test to use a quad-tree approach.
* When drawing the terrain fields with the same texture
are grouped together.
* Optimized .bsp drawing for entities.
Allocate lightmap coordinates on the flay for the
temporary lightmap texture.
For one model, merge the surfaces with the same texture and
same lightmap into one mesh for drawing.
* Optimized character drawing
Combined successive characters to one mesh.
* Cull drawing objects to far clip plane.
* Terrain lighting is changed from vertex lighting to lightmaps.
The lightmap resoluation for the terrain has changed from
32 to 16 texel.
* Fixed some GLSL shader programs so that Ya3dag runs on a
'Intel HD Graphics 400' graphics card (my newest toy is
a Toshiba Satellite laptop. Windows 8 64-bit,
'Intel HD Graphics 400' graphics and touch screen).
* More configuration things for Menus.
* Section layout and menu colors can be configured.
* Display most ‘action menu items’ as buttons.
Bitmaps, size and colors can be congiured.
See 'GameConfiguration.txt' file for all configuration
* Removed unused entries from the menus.
* Touch screen support
The entire menu can be operated with a touch screen.
* Display a touch screen cursor.
* Multiple choice selections pop up a list.
* Enlarge a selected ruler.
* Menu display
* 'apply changes' got visual feedback
If there are pending changes, a text
'changed settings' in read and flashing
is displayed at the right of the menu point.
If there are no pending changes the text
'no changed settings' in gray
* 'apply graphical preset'
Apply one of the preconfigured display settings
Use when all other modes fail or run slowly
Fast rendering, some effects disabled.
* Touch screen support during game play
The touch screen supports Mouse moves. Look around
with a finger tip.
* Reworked crosshair usage.
* Picked new crosshair images from a Quake2max download.
* Crosshairs are located in the subdirectory 'pics/Crosshair'.
* Crosshairs are visible in 'ego view' only.
* Added an indicator of the remaining air.
Displayed it if the player is under water.
Don't display shells for transparent weapon parts or
for sprite models (used for magic weapons).
Shells look ugly for an autosprite square!