Quake <-- Nethack. Yes, it is that simple.

Forum Thread
12.24.015 update (Games : Quake : Mods : Quake Hack : Forum : Quake-Hack Lore : 12.24.015 update) Locked
Thread Options
Dec 24 2015 Anchor

So, the code is done for this release.
I ran through a good bit of Q one - Moddb.com and found nothing amiss.

The map chunks for the pre-beta Quake Hack release are compiled.
Perhaps some tweaks need made, but release cut 1 is finished.

Now, realize this is a single unit "preview" phase.
While the concept is sound, some more advanced elements are not coded.
Things like outdoor areas, themed area groups, incremental rising difficulty, boss encounters, etc.

However...

This issue has gotten even worse:

You can touch, operate, and hear the doors, and other bmodel ents. But have nothing visible.
And it is driving me crazy.

"Q one" - 32 quake levels, 1000's of monsters, 100s of bmodel ents, over 8000 entities.Operation is smooth, and I havent seen any bugs or show stoppers recently.

But load the Quake Hack pre-beta map set, and BAM! Bmodel ents are there, operate perfectly,
sounds, touch, targets, triggers, everything. But you cant see the ones you should.
I dont get it. This is the same engine port and qc code running Q one.

Since the quake levels are compiled with 90's tools, I tried that. Nope.
I'm proceeding on the premis that this is a vis thing. The chunks dont have vis data since they
are not sealed. I use radiant, so I might try a qbsp3 compile. The engine can load those.

At this time, I dont know what to do. A release just cant happen with this appearance in game.

On the other hand if I wanted invisible doors, it would likely prove extremely difficult.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.