- screen space local reflections for water & slime
- screen space ambient occlusion
- motion blur
- radiosity normal mapping with high resolution lightmaps (vanilla Q2 & Reckoning)
- fake sub-surface scattering for monster skin
- complete vanilla Q2 relight
- static VBO-IBO optimizations
- improved light editor
Linux path not tested (but compiled under OpenSUSE 12.2 w/o errors)
- Use clean install, don't use old Q2XP paks or game config!!!
- Win8 users with Creative Audigy or X-Fi cards should use software OpenAL audio device (select in options menu)
- New build is very hard for video cards. Use geforce 660Ti or higher class cards with 2GB VRam (for 1080p with max engine settings).
- Engine can work in simple mode (radiosity normal mapping + dynamic & styled lights only). For this mode set lightmap & specular multipliers to 1.0 (r_lightmapScale & r_ambientSpecularScale cvars correspondingly). For PPL mode, set to 0.5 & 0.3.
- The Reckoning has new lightmaps only, no retexture or relight.
- SSAO crush after video restart. Restart engine for fix
quake2xp 1.26.4 available now. Read for details))
Posted by KirkBarnes on