For a long time we've been focusing more on the actual work, sneaking between the raindrops and staying away from the main stream of events. To show you that we're not dead, nor gone raving mad, spending our budget on champagne and fancy party hats, we've decided to introduce ourselves and show up with some flashy screen shots and teasing examples. Behold!
The idea of re-mastering the original Deus Ex game lies in bringing the game graphics up to the capabilities of today’s modern graphics cards. We are aspiring to improve the graphics while keeping the original reception of the Deus Ex world intact. Given the processing power of modern GPUs, we want to squeeze every last drop of juice out of the old Unreal engine. We want to set new standards for what Deus Ex graphics should look like, trying to realise the vision that the DX team had all those years ago. Hopefully all this will ease the pain of fellow modders who are still investing their time and hard work in keeping the legend alive.
Work In Progress
With a growing team of dedicated 2D and 3D artists we are speeding up the work on the Phase 1: Deco models and textures. That's it, ‘The Props’. One of the most important features of a good show. This is actually the largest section of the job – not including the character models, which need to be redone and fully animated from scratch.
Our Body Lifting Division is working hard on the character meshes, chiselling out unwanted sharp edges and giving a new beauty to those old friends from the DX world, while the texture artists capture the ambiance of the original art, adding in never been seen before detail that’s sure to entice the player.
Features of HDTP include:
- Fingers on character models are now fully separated from each other and articulate – we aim to make that clear in the animations
(coined the 'no mittens on us!' effect).
- Brand new animations for ALL models we re-make.
- Characters and objects have a more real, less square look. And it's better than botox!
- We are hitting the game engine max of 256 resolution textures*
What lies beyond the Phase One release? Upgrading even more object/character models and textures to a high resolution. Re-mastering the original weapons and their respective animations. And finally - in the end - spending the rest of our lives in the Bahamas, raving and bathing in champagne... Or looking for another mod project. After all, modding is fun!!! On a side note – those of you who are awaiting the greatly anticipated TNM will receive an added bonus. TNM will fully support HDTP.
* The screenshots in many cases are a resolution of 512 but it should be noted that in game this drops to 256. Do not panic! There is a very minimal loss of detail with the textures and we will show examples upon our next moddb update.