Pinochestein 3D edicion GL (GL edition) is a total conversion of the original pinochestein 3D that tries to take the best advantage of the new features of ZDoom based ports through UDMF format mapping and lighting implemented by hardware acceleration through OpenGL (hence the name). This version not only improves lighting decorations, also fixes all of the maps to give a more Doom-ish style and a more futuristic touch according to the previous history of the game.
Good day Cop Killers.
After making all the necessary arrangements since its initial launch in 2015, we are ready to launch the final version of the GL edition of Pinochestein 3D.
We reviewed many of the problems in the previous versions, and added new elements, or finished unfinished elements to give to our fans the best possible version of this classic mod of 2003.
This version is improved in both versions. Where the GZDoom version is the most optimal due to its better version of scripts. However, the version of Zandronum despite going behind its counterpart in that aspect, you can still play with all the new properties, both for weapons, as for enemies.
To play Pinochestein GL you must have the following files:
Here is the complete list of changes from the RCs released in the ZDoom forums:
- Secondary attack for the normal shotgun (Kick), the double-barreled shotgun (single shot), the rocket launcher (seeker shot), the knife (Throw), and the missile launcher (time bomb).
- The flamethrower spends less ammunition but lasts a little less.
- Accuracy of the Cyber-machinegun corrected and continuous rotation mode.
- Distance and FOV of most of the corrected enemies to avoid attacks from afar.
- Corrected levels to improve the fluidity in the gameplay.
- Position of the player corrected in all the levels to avoid instantaneous attacks.
- Several songs that did not have percussion have been fixed (and in some cases, changed).
- Some visual effects added.
- Enemies that appear by teleportation have been eliminated and now appear through script, avoiding unnecessary environmental noise.
- The player's game has been changed in Level 1 according to how it was going to work in a later non-released version of Pinochestein Z.
- Effects for teleportation.
- Target checking. It means that now if they are attacking you, you can go away so that the fire ceases.
- ENDOOM screen added.
- New sounds for the menu and score screen.
- Light corrections to some maps that presented visual problems.
- Level 11 arranged in the part of the river to avoid confrontations from above.
- Song of level 25 replaced by not finding an improved version for the original song.
- Positions of the Unicops modified according to the type of game (individual or cooperative campaign).
Another great detail is that the Zandronum version will be available on the WadSeeker servers. Where the Doomseeker servers connect to create online matches. If you want to create a cooperative game of Pinochestein GL, you must use the file "ZandPinochesteinGLv3.pk3". The English translation is also available if you wish to include it ("PinochesteinGL-ENv2.wad").
Just include "http://www.theultimatedoom.com/" to your Doomseeker in the Wadseeker sites.
After this release, we will focus on the second part of this dance of blood, booze, and bullets. Therefore, this version will no longer receive corrections. Maybe minors if they are very urgent. But, as we mentioned before, part of our free time will focus on Pinochestein II.
Maybe GZDoom allows more modalities that this game may have, but we want to give that job to other people who think they can do it. We will only suggest that you wait for the release of Pinochestein II, to have a better reference.
2018 will be the year of Pinochestein in real life, and we do not refer to the re-elected president, but to a certain candidate with ideas worthy of the Pinochestein S.A. Foundation, where they probably see a reference to the future.
For as long as you download this version and stop this futuristic coup d'etat as many have already done. It's never enough.
Below are three videos that show the changes made to the initial versions of the mod (May contain spoilers if you never played the original releases).
Until next year Cop Killers.
We celebrate our arrival to ModDB with an improved version of this chilean classic mod.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
This is the official game translation. Includes two wads (one for the GZDoom version and other for the Zandronum version) and the instruction manual in...
Here is the main game made to run with Zandronum in GL mode. Includes an instruction manual (both in spanish), if you want to play this Megawad in english...
Pinochestein 3D edición GL (GL edition) is a megawad total conversion of the original pinochestein 3D that tries to take the best advantage of the new...
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.