Long ago, when the word 'Hiigara' rang only as a hollow dream, the kiith of Kharak never imagined they would walk the Path to Victory. But, when they reclaimed their Homeworld and proclaimed themselves 'Hiigaran', they believed they had reached their goal. How wrong they were. 150 years after Hiigaran landfall, conflict rages across the Galaxy... Path to Victory is a multiplayer and skirmish mod for Homeworld 2 that adds new units to both Vaygr and Hiigaran Races as well as enabling the Keepers, Raiders and Kadeshi as playable races.

Forum Thread
.006 Alpha Bug list (Games : Homeworld 2 : Mods : Path To Victory : Forum : Bugs / Errors : .006 Alpha Bug list) Locked
Thread Options
Aug 24 2010 Anchor

Some bugs:

- Vaygr raider doctrine destroyer (the one with the spinal weapon) needs its ventral kinetic turret fixed. currently when the ship is created the turret is facing into the middle of the ship.
- the vaygr raider missile frigates never get a button for their emp special attack after the research is complete.

Aug 27 2010 Anchor

- I'm aware of this, will be fixed
- Missile Frigate never gets a EMP attack or any special attack. The description might be off. The upgrade replaces its normal anti capship missiles with anti fighter cluster missiles.

Other bugs off the top of my head:

- Vaygr fighter speed boost description is off
- Raider carrier has some mismapped textures in the front hangar bay
- Vaygr can get around 300% + dmg by stacking command vettes and other units (needs clever solution)
- Keepers unbeatable as raider (brigand missile ability issue, needs more dmg vs. all ships)

--

I can count to 1024 on my fingers!

Sep 17 2010 Anchor

There seems to be an issue with the models of Kadeshi Capitol ships. On the tactical map they always display as the same size (When you zoom out they seem to grow, which makes them look enormous compared to other large ships), the same issue is in the normal view. At a certain distance from the camera the stop "shrinkiing with distance, again making them look huge.

Sep 24 2010 Anchor

xD

This issue is caused by NLIPS being on (look in the game options).

It isn't supposed to happen though and will be fixed in future versions (when I get round to it, that is).

--

Oct 25 2010 Anchor

Cool to know it works on Mac. Hope the next releases maintain compatibility. If not I'll have to work out what causes issues.

Can't comment on the loading instability but I've noticed the first time you load it takes a while. I persume this is because there are a lot of files/images the game has to parse while loading.

Capital ship speeds have been toned down a little but they're still fast. This was designed to work this way but got a little out of hand with insane speed upgrades. These have been reduced as well. On large maps it takes some time to get from A to B.

Dark maps... are you referring to maps with dark backgrounds? If that is the case, darkness is intentional to offer variation in game settings. If maps with light backgrounds are dark I couldn't say why but in that case something's buggy somewhere.

Destroyer bug fixed. Stupid copy/paste error.

--

Nov 9 2010 Anchor

Alright some bugs I found in .006....

Game crashes entirely on my system when loading map, first I panicked
and thought it wouldn't work at all, till I messed with settings and found
that setting the AI to a 'random' race seems to be the problem, never
crashes when I pick a race for them, always crashes on random.

uuuuhhh... Are the Vaygr supposed to have the keeper shield upgrade
for their fighters? not that Im complaining, they survive much longer with
it :)

The dark map issue mentioned I think is valid, some maps like the one with
the green effects on black (I forget the name) have so little ambient light
you can't make out anything, so you have to use tactical view to know whats
going on. But on the other hand I must say while its irritating at the start when
battles start raging it looks incredible cool with Cap ships being lit up from
different sides by hundreds of explosions. very moody.

And finally, I struggle my ass off against keeper, and never lose when playing
with them, maybe a little nerf is in order? especially the way in which the
Keeper cap ship (which isn't even their most powerful one) cuts through
opposing cap ships, even very expensive ones. Maybe a variation of the
'waking up' mechanic already in place, making keeper cap ships slow, weak,
and vulnerable when they get out of jump (still in slumber), and by purchasing
a mixture of upgrades and modules on the ships themselves they will
wake up to full potential (which should only be reached end game when
the opposing player should have at least a bunch of counters)

But enough with the bad stuff, I love all the races, its a much more varied
game experience now.

Nov 22 2010 Anchor

AI random... uh... oops, if I can't find the issue, I'll disable the random option. Probably a bug somewhere in my scripts.

Vaygr shield upgrade unlocks the speed boost. Does it show up as shields? There may be an issue somewhere. They should not be shielded, just move 2x as fast.

Dark maps are well, by nature, dark. Which is the whole point. Use the tactical interface (press tab to activate it) and you'll be able to play normally despite the dark background as it will show you the ships.

Keepers will be tuned in future. They are a little overpowered at the moment. Agreed on the waking up thing, I think that would be good. Maybe several upgrades you have to purchace in succesion, meaning they get stronger the more you invest in them? Dunno - something like that would probably be fitting, will have to give it some thought.

The issue is the speed at which they can deploy capital ships. It can be countered but it's really hard as you have to rush for a large fleet of bombers (keepers have great issues killing fighters by the way) and some capships to hold the line.

Glad you like it. Breathing new life and variation into HW2 is exactly what I was hoping for with Path to Victory. It seems we succeeded :D

--

Dec 31 2010 Anchor

cant seem to build the raiders/lord/enforcer ships,.... the scaffolding comes out then forms a rectangle with a silhouette of the ship then nothing

Feb 13 2011 Anchor
decoi wrote: cant seem to build the raiders/lord/enforcer ships,.... the scaffolding comes out then forms a rectangle with a silhouette of the ship then nothing

Use slaves to repair the scaffold

im finding that the hig pulsar and bomber corvets are disabled even though i have all the requirements (it said all i need is the corvette Modual) and there are no reasearch to unlock them.
also the devourer is disabled for the same reason

Edited by: Aspen28570

Feb 14 2011 Anchor

devourer is disabled by default. requires 300 (150 in beta) to unlock. description - like so many - is an absoulte fail.

the hiig system is a real mess. expect it to be reworked in the beta to be way less confusing and buggy.

--

Mar 6 2011 Anchor

Maybe I'm just slow, but I don't like the increased pace that the huge speeds, firepowers, and fast build times bring. I like having some time to think about what I'm doing, and the games of PTV I've played don't seem to have much of that.

Geh, that was in the wrong thread. That should have gone in that what-is-wrong thread. and that wasn't even before coffee.

Apr 3 2011 Anchor

I understand the Devourer is disabled but is there any way to enable it? I mean its sitting there taunting me say "HA You cant build me! >:D"

Apr 3 2011 Anchor

kill 300 enemy units :D

--

Apr 4 2011 Anchor

So if you kill 300 enemy units you can build it?

Apr 5 2011 Anchor

yep

--

Apr 5 2011 Anchor

Is there anywhere in the code to change that? O.o

Apr 5 2011 Anchor

yep :D

in the next release it will be 150 kills

I'd tell you where but i reworked the way my code is set up and I don't remember where it was in the last version >.< somewhere in leveldata\deathmatch.lua

--

Apr 5 2011 Anchor

Yea but with the game setup. If its 3 vs 1. And your playing keeper they over whelm you. If its 1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 1, one of the comps beats all and your stuck doing hit and runs with the harbinger for hours. Even if it is 150 kills, how do you know when your getting close to the Devourer lol

Apr 5 2011 Anchor

basically, you don't know. There's no counter. I have to add event noises for unlocks like that but haven't had time yet. All to come in later versions.

As for surviving to 150 kills - how the hell do you die vs. anything as keepers? I don't think it's possible to even kill them in the 0.0.6 release and even in the newer version I have they're virtually impossible to kill. Getting 150 kills vs 3 ais is pretty easy as long as you just stay alive that long. But don't worry, the devourer really isn't worth it :D

well-used harbingers deal more damage more efficiently. which is obviously a bug I need to look at :P

Edited by: mololu

--

Apr 5 2011 Anchor

Yea + 2 power generators it can rip anything a part. And ive just never been able to control the Great Sajuuk (Devourer) and i want a chance ^^

Apr 5 2011 Anchor

I see your point. When i finalize the keepers i'll make it worth the while and more accessible.

--

Jun 18 2011 Anchor

hy there...great mod.But i find the AI pretty useless .even at hard level it only builds a couple of fighters and a carrier .what could be wrong?Also is this mod going to be further developed?

Jun 20 2011 Anchor

Try expert. I didn't have time to do the other AIs but on expert on most maps it will kick your ass, I guarantee you (unless something is badly wrong). Further development I can't comment on at this time.

--

Jul 16 2011 Anchor

Alrighty, When playing multiplayer over LAN using patch update PTV007 often about 2-8 min into the game the server will randomly Desync and cut off the game from one of the players while the other keeps going... me and my younger brother both have the mod and weve experienced this problen in PTV006 also, i dont recall it happening back in PTV003 though :P

Jul 25 2011 Anchor

The issue is some 'random' functions in the PTV gamescripts. I intended to code them out someday but my lack of time for modding meant I was never able to do that. It's a known issue but I don't think it will ever be solved. Sorry =/

--

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.