Painkeep v3 - Blast your opponents with 3 times the Pain. Deathmatch mod - make other players "die." Disclaimer - this is a free product with no warranty - see disclaimer.txt for details. Number Six - welcome to the village.

Forum Thread
update 3.16.11 (Games : Quake : Mods : Painkeep v3.0 : Forum : discuss() : update 3.16.11) Locked
Thread Options
Mar 17 2011 Anchor

Should have updated 2 days ago - was pi day!

Getting used to a new split keyboard - a goldtouch. more like a full size laptop kby with odd key positionings
(stuff normally around the arrow keys is on the left and there is no keypad - I got a razer nostromo for that...)
managed to kill something like 4 ms natural split keyboards in the last 18 months and I wanted something that will
make the mod I want to eventually do easier. will have to post some pics as that project rolls on.

Anyway - pk2.0 qc code is at final release and just needs tested. that will happen soonish.
teching a show right now and that means 12 hr days - which slows me down...
wished I had a tester to go through everything and make sure the packaging was spot on. the
packaging is the primary reason I dont just throw a release up...dont want to miss anything.

Created a new visual weapon paradigm that I'm going to test. this should cut way back on the visual
weapon modeling and allow easy use of md2 and md3 upgrades. really the only way to go, as I am
getting tired of animating new weps through 120+ frames. Also coded a no holster control variable so
visual weapons holstered state can be hidden - cuts way down on viswep models the engine needs to
update and track.

Also nearing a tech / beta release on the generations mod. the first release will likely only have the quake
marine with all other genre weapons, but it will include genre enabled bots, so that should be ok.

Found a new bot - the havoc bot, buried in the dpmod (darkplaces native qc mod). its ctf enabled
so I think I'm going to give a whirl animating it.

Edited by: numbersix

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.