This mod is actually more a collection of various upgrades i made myself for different FreeSpace 2 (Open) campaigns to make them compatible with current FSO Builds and MediaVPs and to fix bugs, so that this campaigns are also solveable. So this mod exists to collect all this upgrades at one place that you can watch and follow.
These are the Core files for the Venice Mirror Chapter One: The Laramis Schism campaign for FreeSpace2 in Version 1.4.2-Nova. Do not forget to download the Audio and Graphics aswell to run this campaign. This is the manual archive, that does not contain a preconfigured wxLauncher profile, but it is usable for Linux and Macintosh aswell.
The Shivans have been stopped, but the alliance is yet to rebuild. Jump into the cockpit of Daniel Vest, and fly for the Laramis Supreme Reign - a Revolutionist party in the Laramis system.
Is the GTVA able to stop your move for independence or is their dominance over Laramis at its end?
Extract this into your FreeSpace2 Folder and select "Venice Mirror" as the active mod in wxLauncher.
1.4.1-Nova -> 1.4.2-Nova
- Compatibility Checks for MediaVPs 3.8.X.
- Changed axmessage.cfg to reposition the message box for the High-Resolution HUD that is used in MVPs 3.8.X aswell to use a bigger font for communication messages.
- Changed VM-hdg.tbm to use the standard font in the Countdown Gauges.
- A fixed event in the mission vm1-15.fs2 "Welcome Home" that trigger the overwhelming enemy waves if the Argus gets destroyed.
- Edited VM-mod.tbm to ignore all other FreeSpace2 missions.
1.4.0 -> 1.4.1-Nova
- Changed Docking Paths for the SRF Phoenix and SAF Kvasir.
- Radar Symbols for all ships.
- Added a customized flashes configuration for all VeniceMirror ships and weapons.
- Changed the default loadout in the mission vm1-03.fs2 "Burning Sky" from Maxim to Prometheus X for the Medusa's sole primary bank.
- Deactivated the weapon loadout menu in the mission vm1-04.fs2 "The Cavalry", because it is a scramble mission.
- The GTD Deus Amix in the mission vm1-05.fs2 "Patriots and Tyrants" will not be destroyed before the player reaches its Battle Zone.
- A debriefing stage was created for the case that the Devastator was destroyed during vm1-05.fs2 "Patriots and Tyrants".
- The campaign will not continue anymore if the Devastator was destroyed during vm1-05.fs2 "Patriots and Tyrants".
- Some errors in the briefing of the mission vm1-08.fs2 "Battle of Ross 128" were fixed.
- The evacuation craft in the mission vm1-09.fs2 "Empty Words!" can not be disabled anymore.
- The Directives in the mission vm1-10.fs2 "Among Wolves" are now shown.
- If the player in the mission vm1-10.fs2 "Among Wolves" do not choose an answer after 10 seconds, the "Do not respond" option is choosed automatically.
- A proper mission ending in vm1-12.fs2 "Home Doorstep".
- The mission vm1-12.fs2 "Home Doorstep" can not be completed successfully anymore if the Argus was destroyed.
- A proper mission ending in vm1-13.fs2 "In the Storm's Wake".
- A proper mission ending in vm1-15.fs2 "Welcome Home".
- The mission vm1-16.fs2 "Reunion" can be completed successfully, now.
- Some balancing changes in vm1-16.fs2 "Reunion" to ensure, that more Wingmen can survive this mission on all difficulties and so make this mission more likely solveable.
- The mission vm1-17.fs2 "Early Burial" can be completed successfully, now.
- Some messages were repeated every 10 seconds throughout the mission vm1-17.fs2 "Early Burial" after some conditions were met, now they are send only once.