This mod is actually more a collection of various upgrades i made myself for different FreeSpace 2 (Open) campaigns to make them compatible with current FSO Builds and MediaVPs and to fix bugs, so that this campaigns are also solveable. So this mod exists to collect all this upgrades at one place that you can watch and follow.
This is Novachen's upgraded version of the Into the Halls of Valhalla Campaign for FreeSpace2 in Version 1.2.5-Nova. This is the manual archive, that does not contain a preconfigured wxLauncher profile, but it is usable for Linux and Macintosh aswell.
Into the Halls of Valhalla takes place several years after the Capella incident and the destruction of the SD Nyarhalotep and casts Commander Wesley McCrae, a veteran of the Second Shivan Incursion, now an exiled pilot to a remote system: Tania Australis.
That place is a mess, everything is barely operational, GTVA regulations and control are distant and out of reach. You become a member of an exiled few who are no longer welcomed in the core worlds. Your task is to oversee that the newest manufacturer of GTCv Deimos corvettes does everything as licensed, and provide support to them whenever they need it. Pirate strikes are common in this place and not all cargo transfers reach their destination. As the ex-leader of the 70th Blue Lions elite fighter squadron, it seems you are the only one who can put things in order. Under your leadership, a group of exiled elite pilots form the 77th Blades squadron and start a tour of duty at Tania Australis.
Extract this into your FreeSpace2 Folder and select "Nova Upgrade: Into the Halls of Valhalla" in the Mods tab of your wxLauncher.
1.2.4-Nova -> 1.2.5-Nova
- Added two missing turrets from the GTD Raynor model into the ships.tbl.
- Deleted the subsystem flag for a not existing turret on the GTF Apollo model.
1.2.3-Nova -> 1.2.4-Nova
- Edited ItHoV-mod.tbm to ignore all other FreeSpace2 missions.
- Extended nebula.tbl that makes both the retail and MVP full nebulae usable.
- Nameplates for every ship.
- The GTF Hercules is allowed to use the ST-33b as a primary weapon.
- Aquitaine ship name typo fixed in "Conspiracy Theory".
- Deleted the suns in "Showdown in the Pirate's Cove" because it is a full nebula mission.
- Deleted the suns in "The Return of an old Friend" because it is a full nebula mission.
- War Prayer ship name typo fixed in "Mad Dash!"
- Lone Wolf ship name typo fixed in "Something Fishy About This"
- Deleted the suns in "Old Friend, New Enemy" because it is a full nebula mission.
- Lone Wolf ship name typo fixed in "Culmination"
- Harbinger ship name typo fixed in "So Much for Your Friends"
- Deleted the suns in "Shadow of Giants" because it is a full nebula mission.
- A changed communication message in "Shadow of Giants" because there is no sun anymore.
- Deleted the suns in "Between a Rock and a Vasudan" because it is a full nebula mission.
1.2.2-Nova -> 1.2.3-Nova
- Compatibility Checks for MediaVPs 3.8.X.
1.2.1-Nova -> 1.2.2-Nova
- In the previous version i forgot to include the GTI Bretonia.
- Inclusion of the customized flashes configuration for ItHoV.
1.2.0 -> 1.2.1-Nova
- Added the Post-Capella version of the new GTF Apollo model.
- Added a newer GTD Raynor model to fix graphical errors.
- Added the radar symbols for every ship.
- Inclusion of many mission fixes i made several years back for a YouTube Video Playthrough.