The "New Horizons" mod for the 2003 Pirates of the Caribbean game by Akella is a continuation of the famous Build mod series. Developed as Pirates of the Caribbean Build 14, "New Horizons" continues where Build 13 left off, adding more new content than ever before.
This MUST BE used in combination with "Part 1: Installation Wizard"! Click 'READ MORE +' for further information.
1. Install the stock PotC and make sure it runs OK
2. Create a folder anywhere, such as in "Downloads"
3. Download Part 1 and Part 2 and put them in that folder
4. In that folder, click on the EXE
5. Browse to your PotC install. Point the installer there
6. Choose the options you want when asked
1. You MUST install this on top of the unmodified stock game
Pirates of the Caribbean, released in 2003 by Akella.
The mod is NOT a standalone game!
- DON'T install the game to Program Files,
otherwise Windows prevents it from installing correctly
Install to, for example, C:\Games\Pirates of the Caribbean
- Check out the controls in
Documentation\Default Key Assignments.txt
- Set the game's settings to your liking in the
Options>Game Preferences menu
- Windows 7:
If necessary, use "Compatability Administrator (32-bit)"
- Using ffdshow:
Add the game to your "exception list"
- Disable "Safe mode" for Sounds in Config.exe to avoid crashes and graphic freezes
- Useful Gameplay Tips in: Ingame "Tips & Tricks " Menu
- PDF Manuals in: Documentation folder
- Changelog in: Build Info.txt