This mod intends to add various weapons from all around the globe to Misery mod, weapons of every stalker's dream. Suggestions, Feedbacks and points of view are very welcomed ! Have fun with these new toys !

Forum Thread
TAZ 2.0 Crashes (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : The Armed Zone : Forum : Errors and bugs : TAZ 2.0 Crashes) Locked
Thread Options 1 2
Jun 21 2019 Anchor

Downloaded the new Taz version and getting alot of crashes with that fatal error.

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : fatal error
[error]Function : CInifile::r_string
[error]File : D:\prog_repository\sources\trunk\xrCore\Xr_ini.cpp
[error]Line : 513
[error]Description :
[error]Arguments : Can't find variable grenade_flame_particles in [wpn_gp25_30]

stack trace:

Maybe someone knows how to fix this? :)

Edit1:

Also i always! get a crash when shooting at a snork. It just closes without any log.

Edited by: NeBuLa199

Jun 21 2019 Anchor

Use this Moddb.com

As for shooting snorks, that's a new for me, crashing after shooting humans is reasonable and happens, but mutants? never happened before. What gun were you using when that happened? and does it happen all the time?

Jun 21 2019 Anchor

Strange taking a break from the game seems to fix it? i didn't even restart my pc or installed/deinstalled programs.. The weapon i was using was an ak74(alt). But now after loading the same and trying it all seems fine.

Jun 21 2019 Anchor

The issue is within trader inventory, the weapon causing the CTD is available only at traders, so as long as it spawns in their inventory your game it will crash, if you reload it may not spawn, hence you're fine. The fix will make sure your game runs fine, the gun too.

Jun 21 2019 Anchor

I know right ?

Sometimes XrEngine does weird stuff.

So much crashes we had when developing the 2.0 version of the mod. Still can't get rid of random engine memory shortage, npc kill crash, error handler (mainly when you edit something and reload a save)... but overall, restarting the game for you guys will solve most of your issues, except if it's proven that's an error from our files (when the same crash happens over & over in a few minutes when you reload the same thing).

Jun 21 2019 Anchor

Also now i am at the iron forest anomaly and killed some zombies and burers and now im getting this crash randomly:

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : res!=-1
[error]Function : get_rank
[error]File : D:\prog_repository\sources\trunk\xrGame\ui\Restrictions.cpp
[error]Line : 34
[error]Description : cannot find rank for
[error]Arguments : wpn_rpg7

stack trace:

And ofc i installed the hotfix for the gp25 crashes.

Jun 21 2019 Anchor

Will fix it asap, just avoid dropping the RPG and that GP25 on the ground for now

I wonder how did you get the RPG so early in the game.

Edited by: mp5lng

Jun 21 2019 Anchor

I didn't get one and searching the corpes didn't get me one either... but still after reloading a few times and restarting the game it didn't occur again. Will tell you if it happens another time.

Jun 30 2019 Anchor

I do not open a new theme for this fatal error.

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : !m_error_code
[error]Function : raii_guard::~raii_guard
[error]File : D:\prog_repository\sources\trunk\xrServerEntities\script_storage.cpp
[error]Line : 748
[error]Description : ... - call of pripyat\gamedata\scripts\state_mgr.script:179: C stack overflow

stack trace:

0023:69737365 nvwgf2um.dll

Jun 30 2019 Anchor

"C stack overflow". This is a Misery issue, not TAZ, a script is overlapping itself causing a crash. Reload your save and it should work.

Jun 30 2019 Anchor

ok thank you :-)

Sep 23 2019 Anchor

Hello.

I have clean installation of CoP 1.6.02 (Steam) + MISERY 2.2.1 + latest TAZ 2.0 with 1.12.1 .

All runs fine. But I can not go to Preobrazhensky Bridge - I had CTD every time when I approach to military transport.

LOG:

FATAL ERROR

[error]Function : CKinematicsAnimated::Load
[error]File : D:\prog_repository\sources\trunk\Layers\xrRender\SkeletonAnimated.cpp
[error]Line : 744
[error]Description : <no expression>
[error]Arguments : Can't find motion file 'dynamics\weapons\wpn_desert_eagle\.50_desert_eagle_hud_animation.omf'.

I look in thath path - files are in place.

Please help.

Sep 23 2019 Anchor

That's weird, no one has ever reported this. What tool did you use to extract the mods? it should be 7zip, otherwise you will get missing files. Have you done any editing to the game files?

Sep 24 2019 Anchor
mp5lng wrote:

Have you done any editing to the game files?

Thanks for quick reply.

Yes, I used 7zip for main archive and patch. And no, I didn't edit any mod files.

I will re-unpack and rewrite mod files. I hope new game is not need.

So I replaced all files. Result is the same.

I don't use Deagle and don't want. Any workaround? Can I change some omf?

Other aspect of game works great. Crashed only on bridge.

'xrCore' build 3967, Dec 14 2009
Loading models...
! Cannot find saved game ~#i#:there are no sound collection with path: interface\v
* 5826 spawn points are successfully loaded
* Loading objects...
* 13314 objects are successfully loaded
* Game 64 is successfully loaded from file 'x:\home\tt\.steam\steam\steamapps\common\stalker call of pripyat\_appdata_\savedgames\64.scop' (2.043s)
! Missing ogg-comment, file: x:\home\tt\.steam\steam\steamapps\common\stalker call of pripyat\gamedata\sounds\actor\hurt4.ogg
! Cannot find saved game ~#i#:axr_dynamic_spawn.on_load: secret stash loaded: pri_hiding_place_35 | 10942 | true
! Cannot find saved game ~#i#:axr_dynamic_spawn.on_save: secret stash saved: pri_hiding_place_39 | 10974 | true
! Cannot find saved game ~#i#:despawning distant npc squads

FATAL ERROR

[error]Function : CKinematicsAnimated::Load
[error]File : D:\prog_repository\sources\trunk\Layers\xrRender\SkeletonAnimated.cpp
[error]Line : 744
[error]Arguments : Can't find motion file 'dynamics\weapons\wpn_desert_eagle\.50_desert_eagle_hud_animation.omf'.

Couple of my saves before crash. Sniper Class.

Fex.net

Sep 24 2019 Anchor

more bug ,play for 2-3 hours and get the bug
FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : error handler is invoked!
[error]Function : invalid_parameter_handler
[error]File : D:\prog_repository\sources\trunk\xrCore\xrDebugNew.cpp
[error]Line : 815
[error]Description :

and by the way

+)the gauss rifle recoil so much,what is the logic in here,it use magnetic to create the shot,and recoil must be zero .
ONE hit not kill and mutant i shoot all magazine to kill one chimera,2 hits for controller,what the fuck :))
+) and all the gun have upgrade seem to be not diffrence
+) machine gun always have +10% recoil,WTF
+) NATO riffle cant attachment grenade laucher
+) some suit have -5% durability
+) NPC dont have diversified weapon
and many more problem

Edited by: leoaug

Sep 24 2019 Anchor

vr4taz, I will try your save and see if the issue appears for me.

Edit: I tried your save, and guess what, it works flawlessly. I got the gas can and went back to Skadovsk, there was a fight between freedom and some squad, and since it was pitch black I was unable to tell who was the other squad.

There must be no issue with the mod files, the deagles are working just fine, I even spawned all of them and test fired each, no issue since they all use the same omf. Heck I even checked the TAZ archive for that file and it's present. Not a single clue why it crashes for you, and only you.

leoaug, I'm not sure if you're reporting issues or being mean, the mod is BETA as you can clearly see, many things are still wip, especially upgrade trees. While I'm at it, upgrade trees won't be that different for each single gun, they will be similar in many aspects, and different only if the weapon class is different, Shotguns, pistols, SMGs, etc. When reporting try not to use offensive words like "what the fuck, WTF, etc", people notice these things more than the reported issues, and we build our responses using your own writing style.

Edited by: mp5lng

Sep 24 2019 Anchor

BETA,it is not good to choose test something new,the TAZ 1.7.4 do perfectly
please dont give much more change,you work hard for everyone happy,but not angry
thanks

Sep 24 2019 Anchor

Changes will be done, it's the progress of refining and making the mod better, if we stick to old stuff like 1.7.4 than we're better off deleting the whole TAZ 2.0, close the page, and delete all files we have. If you have a report to write, you're always welcome to do so, and we will help you through whatever issues you find, what we won't accept is being disrespected for the hard work we do during our free time and not asking for any rewards.

Sep 25 2019 Anchor
mp5lng wrote:

Edit: I tried your save, and guess what, it works flawlessly.

Thanks for your time. I make full reinstall. COP works fine. MISERY works fine. Spawned all MISERY deagles - still ok.

Now it is TAZ unpacking... I will keep you in touch about result. Hope reinstall fix this.

Edited by: vr4taz

Sep 25 2019 Anchor

FATAL ERROR

[error]Function : out_of_memory_handler
[error]Line : 336
[error]Description :
[error]Arguments : Out of memory. Memory request: 8192 K

im stucking in here form moving zaton to pripyat,my rig have 12gb ram
when i install more ram
FATAL ERROR

[error]Description :
[error]Arguments : Out of memory. Memory request: 65223 K
what can i do :))))))

and same with the moving from zaton to jupiter
FATAL ERROR

[error]Arguments : Out of memory. Memory request: 4096 K

everything happen when i go to priyat and getback to the jupiter
i can go to the place by walking on foot through the teleport point :))
That A BIG problem

Sep 25 2019 Anchor

update1:
After full reinstall and starting new game I spawned all .50 Deagles.
Until they in backpack - all fine. But when I try to eqip one of them - I got the same crash

update2:
I manage to avoid crashes - just edit w_desert_eagle.ltx
Now all Deagles looks like FN Baby ) But game runs fine.

Anyway, thnx for assistance and for awesome weapons!

Edited by: vr4taz

Sep 25 2019 Anchor

leoaug, that issue is at your end, not ours, your pc is running out of memory. Lower your graphic settings as well as the switch distance. Installing high resolution pack is a bad idea if your pc can't handle high settings.

vr4taz, I still can't figure out why you're having this issue, the omf is there, there should be no reason for the crash, maybe try extracting the file manually from TAZ archive?

Sep 25 2019 Anchor
mp5lng wrote:

there should be no reason for the crash, maybe try extracting the file manually from TAZ archive?

I play COP on linux, use Proton (Steam version of Wine).
I think game crashed because of path to this omf.
Is is only one omf which has (.) dot in the name.
Nevermind. I never like Deagle, so it is not mission critical for me.
I am glad to find workaround and go on.

Sep 25 2019 Anchor
mp5lng wrote:

leoaug, that issue is at your end, not ours, your pc is running out of memory. Lower your graphic settings as well as the switch distance. Installing high resolution pack is a bad idea if your pc can't handle high settings.

vr4taz, I still can't figure out why you're having this issue, the omf is there, there should be no reason for the crash, maybe try extracting the file manually from TAZ archive

Im not install anything like that,only misery and taz

Sep 25 2019 Anchor

Lower your graphic settings as well as the switch distance.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.