Star Wars Mod for the Egosoft X3 series game, specifically Albion Prelude. This mod adds High quality ships, locations and sounds, as close as possible to the original films, something most people seem to loose focus of.

Forum Thread
0.9.85b bug list (Games : X³: Terran Conflict : Mods : Star Wars Mod Reborn : Forum : Bug Reports : 0.9.85b bug list) Locked
Thread Options
Oct 24 2017 Anchor

Been making a bit of a list, hopefully it helps ya squash'em easily! :)

YKL-37R Nova Corvette - profile says it can dock a fighter, but doesn't seem to be able to accept one *shrugs*

Crusader Corvette- Guns are still fudged up, main guns only fire appropriately manually in 1st person, in 1st person auto makes only the right front gun work (left does not) while in 3rd person even manually it will not fire the left side main gun, and the side guns won't fire in auto at all, 1st or 3rd person. And I don't think it's one of my mods, as this is the only ship I have that has this particular problem.

X3 Cannon ship - Argon Colossus Carrier has no cockpit and shows exterior ship rendering from inside in 1st person.

DP20 Corvette - On the main bank, you cannot remove/chance gun ports 13-16 from the default KX10 gun. If this was done to try around the 12-gun bank limit, why not just give the ship main bank of 4 and change the front turrent bank to 12 guns?

TM Acclamator (from PTNI sector) - Ships un-dock fine now (yay!) but many of the gun turrents aren't even currently on the ship.... 0.o Edit : Both pairs of side banks and the bottom bank all have multiple gun points that aren't even on the ship itself. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe it's the latter half of the large gun batteries that aren't "on-ship".

I have a few more written down somewhere, I'll either edit this post or add another reply to it when I find it, or come across more bugs in this version. >.<

Edit 1) 11/02/17

Maybe it's the way they're positioned, but some of the front turrent guns on the Assault Frigate Mk2 seem off also.....

Edit 2) 11/06/17

The various imperial cargo shuttles that are carrying a container underside have parts of the ship completely invisible if you view it from below, at the "neck" area of the ship. 0.o

Edit 3) 11/08/17

I know this bug has existed for at least a few versions, but the Interdictor Star Destroyer (frigate) and it's sibling frigate Vindicator star destroyer that doesn't have the gravity spheres just KILL my framerate (i5-4690K and Radeon 470) if I'm looking close to them, much moreso over the other ships in the game, even the gigantic SSD's. Not sure if it just needs optimization or what. :(

Bug Update : The Praetorian Frigate and freighters have the same problem, it's that reflective surface that kills performance. Any ideas why?

Edit 4) 11/11/17

Zephyrus TM

The Front of the ship still causes docking to crash if manual undocking, destroying the ship. Taking off just that front end part would probably fix this (I certainly wouldn't complain!)

Vigil Corvette - same problem as the Zeph, maybe adjusting it's docking position?

Edit 5) 11/13/17

A) The middle engine of an arquitens (at least the republic version) has the middle engine only "glow" in use at certain angles from a moderately far distance. Otherwise only the left and right engines glow in use.

B) RZ-1 A-Wing picked one up that appears completely grey when viewed from the outside, yet from the inside the ship has a traditional red painted hull areas.... 0.o

Edit 6) 11/14/17 (whew!)

Gladiator class star destroyer has a mesh problem in the back of the unit (to the sides of the engines respectively), twisting for a barrel roll REALLY makes it go wacky. Also, could you add the ability to dock a single corvette/transport, that's the only bad thing about the unit IMHO.

Edit 7) 11/22/17

Y-Wing A4 can have (and equip) two R2 units in the rear slot?

Edit 8) 11/25/17

-Neutron Star-Class Bulk Cruiser Advanced - Many gun port turrents don't work.

Front turrent works fine, although one of the points on a turrent is rendered a little off.

2nd gun points of Left1, Back, and Right1 don't fire either automatically or manually

Left2 and Right2 all points don't seem to work at all manually, I need to re-check and see if they'll work in auto-mode. :(

-Neutron Star-Class Bulk Cruiser- has the same problem with left, right, and rear banks where only the first gun point works on each side.

-MorningStar A Starfighter- main guns says it can equip RH-8 guns, but the cargo bay only holds large contents, so no RH-8. >.<

Edited by: vanguardian1

Nov 12 2017 Anchor

Hello there,

I've found an issue with the Imperial Strike-class medium cruiser (which is supposedly a M7M): It cannot fire missile barrages in its current state because, in its TShips entry (in 09.cat), it has compatible guns assigned to the hull. If these compatible guns are removed, the two forward-facing turrets default to missiles and the missile barrage command becomes available, maintaining the rear turret as-is.

Dec 3 2017 Anchor

If the ship has no "Compatible guns" entries the turrets act very wierd. They refuse to fire even with commad for all turrets set to: "Attack all enemies" or even with "Attack my target", unless the ship is fired uppon. In which case they return fire but not allways... After several tests I can confirm that only without compatible weapons "Missile barage" command works. and it works ony with "ships\props\invisible_weapon" or weapon type gun. Not turretted. So you can have only a dedicated bomber with verry limited turret capabilities and nothing like lets say a forward facing 10 missile tubes and bunch of rear/up/down/left/right turrets. It just dont work.

Dec 3 2017 Anchor
vanguardian1 wrote:

Been making a bit of a list, hopefully it helps ya squash'em easily! :)

YKL-37R Nova Corvette - profile says it can dock a fighter, but doesn't seem to be able to accept one *shrugs*

Crusader Corvette- Guns are still fudged up, main guns only fire appropriately manually in 1st person, in 1st person auto makes only the right front gun work (left does not) while in 3rd person even manually it will not fire the left side main gun, and the side guns won't fire in auto at all, 1st or 3rd person. And I don't think it's one of my mods, as this is the only ship I have that has this particular problem.

X3 Cannon ship - Argon Colossus Carrier has no cockpit and shows exterior ship rendering from inside in 1st person.

DP20 Corvette - On the main bank, you cannot remove/chance gun ports 13-16 from the default KX10 gun. If this was done to try around the 12-gun bank limit, why not just give the ship main bank of 4 and change the front turrent bank to 12 guns?

TM Acclamator (from PTNI sector) - Ships un-dock fine now (yay!) but many of the gun turrents aren't even currently on the ship.... 0.o Edit : Both pairs of side banks and the bottom bank all have multiple gun points that aren't even on the ship itself. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe it's the latter half of the large gun batteries that aren't "on-ship".

I have a few more written down somewhere, I'll either edit this post or add another reply to it when I find it, or come across more bugs in this version. >.<

Edit 1) 11/02/17

Maybe it's the way they're positioned, but some of the front turrent guns on the Assault Frigate Mk2 seem off also.....

Edit 2) 11/06/17

The various imperial cargo shuttles that are carrying a container underside have parts of the ship completely invisible if you view it from below, at the "neck" area of the ship. 0.o

Edit 3) 11/08/17

I know this bug has existed for at least a few versions, but the Interdictor Star Destroyer (frigate) and it's sibling frigate Vindicator star destroyer that doesn't have the gravity spheres just KILL my framerate (i5-4690K and Radeon 470) if I'm looking close to them, much moreso over the other ships in the game, even the gigantic SSD's. Not sure if it just needs optimization or what. :(

Bug Update : The Praetorian Frigate and freighters have the same problem, it's that reflective surface that kills performance. Any ideas why?

Edit 4) 11/11/17

Zephyrus TM

The Front of the ship still causes docking to crash if manual undocking, destroying the ship. Taking off just that front end part would probably fix this (I certainly wouldn't complain!)

Vigil Corvette - same problem as the Zeph, maybe adjusting it's docking position?

Edit 5) 11/13/17

A) The middle engine of an arquitens (at least the republic version) has the middle engine only "glow" in use at certain angles from a moderately far distance. Otherwise only the left and right engines glow in use.

B) RZ-1 A-Wing picked one up that appears completely grey when viewed from the outside, yet from the inside the ship has a traditional red painted hull areas.... 0.o

Edit 6) 11/14/17 (whew!)

Gladiator class star destroyer has a mesh problem in the back of the unit (to the sides of the engines respectively), twisting for a barrel roll REALLY makes it go wacky. Also, could you add the ability to dock a single corvette/transport, that's the only bad thing about the unit IMHO.

Edit 7) 11/22/17

Y-Wing A4 can have (and equip) two R2 units in the rear slot?

Edit 8) 11/25/17

-Neutron Star-Class Bulk Cruiser Advanced - Many gun port turrents don't work.

Front turrent works fine, although one of the points on a turrent is rendered a little off.

2nd gun points of Left1, Back, and Right1 don't fire either automatically or manually

Left2 and Right2 all points don't seem to work at all manually, I need to re-check and see if they'll work in auto-mode. :(

-Neutron Star-Class Bulk Cruiser- has the same problem with left, right, and rear banks where only the first gun point works on each side.

-MorningStar A Starfighter- main guns says it can equip RH-8 guns, but the cargo bay only holds large contents, so no RH-8. >.<

I have not done these, will do in the week and will upload 0.9.9B

Guys I havnt fixed much in 0.9.9 just added stuff, so keep the reports coming, thanks.

Dec 20 2017 Anchor

Hi,

I seem to have found that the left side Venator turrets move at like 1/8th the speed the right side ones move when controlling manually.

Dec 21 2017 Anchor

Mr Blastman, check what gun types you have in the bank, the whole bank only moves/aims at the speed of the slowest gun in the bank. Including one PPC into a bank of KX9's will turn them into molasses. :o

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.