Taking Doom³ PVE (Coop) and PVP (Deathmatch) multiplayer combat to the next level and beyond...
MCS 126.96.36.199 All OS Installer-less Zip-Archive (947 MB)
MCS 188.8.131.52 All OS Installer-less Archive (947 MB)
* Pre-Installation Notes *
1. Make sure all stock Doom3 (v1.3.1) game files and folders are properly installed and in their original/unmodified release condition at the right locations and folders.
2. Also make sure that your "Doom3/base" folder contains only the original Doom3 (v1.3.1) files and remove any modded/extracted files/folders from that folder.
3. To prevent any potential cross-version incompatibilities and errors make sure any previous versions of MCS (including the MCS v184.108.40.206 installers and archives from the "Softlaunch" previous to the date of "November 21st 2019") have been completely uninstalled/deleted from your "Doom3" game folder before installing the latest version of MCS.
* Windows Installation *
In case you downloaded the "mcs_AllOS_installerless_v1238.zip" version extract the zip file to your "Doom3" folder.
Detailed Doom3 (v1.3.1) and MCS (v220.127.116.11) "Integrity-Check instructions can be found at:
* Windows Launch *
In case you've downloaded the "AllOS" zip archive version run the "mcs_run_client.bat" to play or "mcs_run_serverlauncher.cmd" to host a dedicated MCS server.
The game client settings can be fully configured in detail via the ingame "Main" or "Multiplayer" menu.
* Linux (Ubuntu) Installation *
For the Linux build download "mcs_AllOS_installerless_v1238.zip" archive file, open and extract it to your existing Linux "Doom3" game folder (Example "/usr/local/games/doom3").
* Linux (Ubuntu) Launch *
Once the extraction is complete, execute "mcs_run_client.sh" within your newly created "/usr/local/games/doom3/mcs" folder with administrator privileges to start the "MCS Linux Client", (Example "./mcs_run_client.sh") OR "mcs_run_serverlauncher.sh" to in order to start the "MCS Linux ServerLauncher", (Example "./mcs_run_serverlauncher.sh")
* ChangeLog Version 18.104.22.168 *
- Windows/Linux online Cross-Platform-Multiplayer PVE/PVP/PvPvE support
- New custom campaign coop maps
- Voteable multiplayer Bot support for "TeamDM", "DemonWars" and "CTF"
gametypes (fully compatible with/versus MonsterAI and allied SquadAI)
- New multiplayer gametype "CTF" with AI and Bot support
- New custom multiplayer maps supporting "TeamDM" and "CTF" gametypes
- New MCS specific multiplayer pickups (i.e. timewarp)
- Additionally "coop-fied / fixed" stock campaign coop maps
- Further netcode optimizations
- (Re)spawn-Progression system for stock and custom campaign coop maps
- Specific Monster Bossfight Maps for DemonWars to fight Boss-Monsters
- 21 technically and ethnically distinguished choosable multiplayer
player models for human players and bots with male,
female and zombified versions
- Optimized Dedicated ServerLauncher for Windows XP,7/8/10 and Linux
- Enhanced Weapon Effects System
- Various QOL Improvements
- Various Bugfixes
* Doom³ MCS STEAM Version Integration/Tutorial *
For detailed instructions about how to get MCS v22.214.171.124 to run with the STEAM version of Doom3 (v1.3.1) go to:
* TroubleShooting, Bug-Reporting & General Support *
Detailed TroubleShooting and Bug-Reporting can be found at:
* Credits to the amazing Doom3 Community members that make MCS possible *