Basic NW Controls
- Movement: WASD
- Melee Mode: X
- Use: F
New Shooting Controls:
- Aiming: Right-Click
- Shooting: Left-Click
- Reload: Q
- Sniper Scope Zoom: Left-Shift
- Bayonet: P
- Load Rifle Grenade: P
New Item Controls:
- Whistles: Right-Click, Select Song
- Binoculars: Right-Click
- Leave Grammophone: F
- Bandages/Morphine: Hit the person with it as you would with a melee weapon. Left-Click.
Heavy Weapon Controls:
- Deploy Mortar/Ammobox: Right-Click
- Fire Artillery: Hold Right-Click
- Leave Heavy Machine Gun: Hold Right-Click
In-depth Explanations on New Features
The new shooting system is more akin to typical FPS/TPS shooters than NW/Native's shooting. Right-Click toggles aiming and Left-Click shoots, while Q reloads. Different weapons have different reloads. For example, revolvers and tube feed weapons, such as the Lebel Rifle, reload rounds individually. So tap Q for a single load or hold it down to load till full. Magazine weapons, such as the light machine-guns, Gewehr 98, Berthier Carbine, and Kar98AZ, only require a single tap of Q to load the entire weapon.
1. Two people are required to spawn and use a Heavy Machine Gun. The classes can be found underneath the Heavy MG Squad in the Heavy tab. The gunner spawns the MG and the assistant spawns the MG belts.
2. The MG is deployed with Right-Click and picked up by finding the "Pick Up" prompt and holding F.
3. MG Belts must be placed in the MG before it can fire. Do this by having it in your hands finding the "Place Ammo Belt" prompt and holding F.
4. Control the MG by finding the "Take Control" prompt and holding F. Fire with left click. Once the ammunition is exhausted, a new belt must be placed.
5. Leave the MG by holding right click.
Bleeding and Medical Equipment
Taking a large amount of damage will cause bleeding, where you'll slowly lose health. Eventually, this will kill you, so you must get your wounds bandaged. The Support and Medic classes are the only classes that spawn with bandages, however, anybody can apply them by simply hitting the wounded person with the bandages. Medics are able to see a Red Cross icon over bleeding comrades from a distance of 15 feet. To recover health, you need morphine, which is spawned by medics, but like bandages, anyone can apply them.
Ammunition Crates contain pools of ammunition that people can draw from. Different crates allow for different ammunition. The regular Ammo Crate, spawned by Support Rifleman, carries 500 pistol/rifle ammunition and can infinitely refill bandages and morphine. The LMG Ammo Crate, spawned by LMG Ammunition Bearers, carries 500 LMG ammunition and can infinitely spawn Heavy Machine Gun belts. To deploy a crate, right-click. To use it, look at it until you find the "Refill your ammo & resupply" prompt and hold F.