1. Download the new version
2. Extract all the files and the folder from the RotR 1.1.zip file wherever you want (Imperial.Splendour_Install.exe, IS_FileList.txt and the folder IS_Files) excluding the Empire Total War folder
3. Check if the marked files/folder is extracted:
4. Double click on the Imperial.Splendour_Install.exe file (perhaps you need to give the file admin allowance or let windows access it. If a firewall window pops up, click on further information and allow the file to be executed. No worries these are just the windows defender settings for unknown files.)
(4.1) If you have not installed JAVA Runtime the installer will ask you to install it.
5. Follow the steps in the installer, most notably point the installer towards your "Empire Total War" folder. (NOT the "data" folder)
6. At the end of the process, the installer creates an Imperial Splendour shortcut on your desktop and afterwards, if you want to launch RotR
7. To activate RotR start the launcher (basic setting is vanilla ETW) and click on "Switch", then a RotR lettering will appear
8. Then download Patch 1 and extract the RotR 1.1 Patch 1.zip file into your "[...]\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data" folder. Overwrite the existing files!
9. Then download Patch 2 and extract the RotR 1.1.9 Patch 2.zip file into your "[...]\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data" folder. Overwrite the existing files! It's the same as with Patch 1.
10. To install download Patch 3 and extract the RotR 1.1.9b Patch 3.zip file into your "[...]\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data" folder. Overwrite the existing files! It's the same as with Patch 1 and 2.
Note that all paths are just the paths on my notebook, they can be different on your machine!