Have you ever thought how the Homeworld 1 really felt if it was played in the Homeworld Remastered engine? This is the answer to that, here you can experience all the Homeworld campaign the closest as possible to the original version, but with amazing graphics as a bonus and enhanced multiplayer experience with all the races featured during the campaign, with a few small additions to make them playable.
This mod is fully compatible with REMASTERED 1.3 With this I had two main goals, bring with the specifications of all the Homeworld 1 ships to their classic balance, and add playability to all other side races that made their appearance during both campaigns with their real specifications. That way you would be able to experience the campaign (see *Known Issues*) as they were originally meant to be, and also be able to use all the other races during multiplayer matches or against the AI, for that reason there will be many additional options to customize the matches, from simple things like changing the amount of resources on the map, up to changing the behavior and availability of upgrades for specific races.
Basic mod Features:
- Turanic Raiders
- Bentusi (experimental)
- Keepers (experimental)
- Old Hiigaran Empire
Experimental Races only available in Ship Test Duel Gamemode and can cause crashes.
- Homeworld 1 (no ship upgrades, reduced damage and weapon range for Frigates+ class ships and reduced armor for Capital ships)
- Homeworld 1 with Upgrades (Homeworld 2 style Upgrades, reduced damage and weapon range for Frigates+ class ships and reduced armor for Capital ships)
- Homeworld 2 without Upgrades (no ship upgrades, Homeworld 2 style damage, weapon range, armor for Frigates+ class ships)
- Homeworld 1 with Upgrades (Homeworld 2 style Upgrades and Homeworld 2 style damage, weapon range, armor for Frigates+ class ships)
- Experimental (This will use HW2 Balance with additional experimental technologies found in both Campaigns, but is still WIP)
HW1 and HW2 Deathmatch make use of their corresponding balance mode.
- Enable\Disable optional squadron building for HW1 races (Kushan, Taiidan, Turanic, and Hiigaran Empire)
Fixed Build Speed (Optional):
- Ability to select a fixed build speed for all races in the match with varies from 1x to 100x (it disables any build speed upgrade)
Allows you to select which production ships to start with options are:
- Mothership with Carrier
- Carrier Only
HW1 and HW2 Deathmatch make use of their corresponding default starting fleet and can be changed in the case of HW1 Deathmatch.
Starting fleet options are going to be expanded in the future.
New Skirmish/MP Maps based on the Homeworld 1 Campaign levels (WIP)
- In Ship Test Duel Gamemode the default "Hiigaran" race is grayed out, this is caused because the real default race is "Random" and is not available in this gamemode, so in order to avoid a crash you should select your desired races from the list.
- Also AmberGoldPL noted this:
"I had to re-select the grayed-out races, but also had to select grayed out "Balance" box that at first is grayed and empty, but when I select something from dropdown the duel load and work fine now."
This issue may have been solved in the last updates, but the note is going to be kept here if it is not the case.
- Kushan Drone Frigate, will crash the game after deploying drones in Ship Test Duel Gamemode, this is caused by some dependencies of the the drone script and can't be solved for the moment.
- Campaign support has been halted due to crash at loading with some game profiles, reason still unknown.
There are several way to install this mod, first is the old method:
Extract the HWRPnF.BIG from the RAR file and drop it in your:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Homeworld\HomeworldRM\Data" folder.
Make a shortcut to the main .exe of the game:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Homeworld\HomeworldRM\Bin\Release\HomeworldRM.exe"
and place it on your desktop for example, then add this at the end of the destination line:
-dlccampaign HW1Campaign.big -campaign HomeworldClassic -moviepath DataHW1Campaign -mod HWRPnF.BIG
It should look like this:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Homeworld\HomeworldRM\Bin\Release\HomeworldRM.exe" -dlccampaign HW1Campaign.big -campaign HomeworldClassic -moviepath DataHW1Campaign -mod HWRPnF.BIG
After all of this is done you can open it from the shortcut.
Another way to install it, is to place all the contents of the RAR file inside the folder that is located here:
"I:\Program Files (x86)\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Homeworld\HomeworldRM\DataWorkshopMODs\"
This is a folder with about 18 numbers in its name, inside you will find all the other mods you have subscribed, just drop the contents there. If you have subscribed to this mod already, you will need to overwrite the contents.
Using this method will allow you to be able to use the original mod launcher.
Any questions can be asked here in the comments.