With the engine change, our progress has been changed significantly. Here's a rundown of how we need to progress on this mod:
- Most weapon models can probably be ported over. Animations will likely need to be redone to work with new engine (won't know until we get HL2 tools)
- Player models will definately need to be made from scratch. This is good since our new models will have much more detail than our old ones.
- Many of the textures we created should be easy to convert over. Expect to see those nifty skyscrapers in the new version :)
- New maps will be created.
- All code will have to be redone. We don't think it will take as long as coding for Serious Sam, since a lot of the features we spent a lot of time coding into SS are already in HL2 from what we've seen.
- All music will port right over as long as HL2 uses some non-CD type audio like .mp3, .wma, or .ogg
- Many small bits and pieces.