This is the final version of the preset. I made some small changes.
This is a Reshade preset that I made some time ago but I'm only getting around to releasing it now. It is rather simple, but looks good in my opinion.
1) To install you will need to go to the Reshade website and download the latest version. This is the URL: Reshade.me
Just enter that into a browser and click on download once the page has loaded.
2) Once you have downloaded Reshade.exe run it. It will prompt you to find an executable file. For Steam users, the Far Cry 2 exe file is located in C/ (or whatever drive you have your game on) Program Files(x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/Far Cry 2/bin. For non-Steam users it is in C/Program Files(x86)/Ubisoft/Far Cry 2/bin.
3) Once you have found the exe just click it and it will ask you what DirectX version the game is running. It sometimes does this automatically but if it doesn’t then click either 9 or 10 (the game is automatically on DX9 the first time it launches in case you don’t know which). If you don’t remember which version it is using go and check first because the mod won’t work if you get it wrong.
4) After this Reshade will ask you whether you want to download effects. Click yes and wait for it to finish.
5) Once it has finished downloading click uncheck all and then check these effects:
6) Click ok and then close the program.
7) Go to the Put contents into bin folder and copy the files from it. Then navigate to the bin folder you were in earlier. Paste the files into the folder. Done!
Other stuff (please read):
This preset should work with both the DirectX9 and 10 versions. Just make sure that when you install Reshade you choose the right version and remember that if you ever change versions you will need to reinstall Reshade but not change the preset.
As well as the presets there are 2 config files included in the mod, called h.cfg, and l.cfg. H is for high which is for the best graphics settings and l is for lowspec settings if your PC is crap. I recommend that you use these because the high config will increase render distance among other things and the low config will improve your framerate if you have a crappy PC.
You can run these configs in game by pressing the ¬ button which is below Esc and left of 1 on a keyboard. Then type "exec h.cfg" without quotations.
You can also make the configs run automatically when the game starts. To add launch parameters for Steam users, right click on Far Cry 2 in your games list, click Properties, then click Set Launch Options and type "-exec h.cfg" without quotations.
For non-Steam users right click on FarCry2.exe in your Far Cry 2/bin folder and click Creat Shortcut. Right click the shortcut and under the shortcut tab in the Target field add "-exec h.cfg" without quotations. It should loook like .../far cry 2/bin/FarCry2.exe" -exec h.cfg
If you don't like the chromatic abberation effect (the red and blue on the sides on stuff) you can disable this by unchecking the effect in the reshade menu (just use shift+f2 in game).
To remove the mod completely delete these from the bin folder:
For DX9 version:
For DX10 version:
I hope you enjoy my preset :)
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Version 1.0 of my preset
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Now works with Fortunes Pack. This mod removes any indicators from the game's maps that reveal the player's location on the map. The purpose is to make...
Warning for Desura users: you need to manually make a backup of patch.dat and patch.fat file in your Data_Win32 folder inside Far Cry 2 directory just...
This is a Far Cry 2 map. I created this map with the first version of FC2. Since this is the 10th anniversary of my map I decided to put it in here. It...
-- MORE Realistic. MORE Tactical. MORE Aggressive. -- Fight the DOOM with Call of Duty weapons. "CALL OF DOOM:BLACK WARFARE" is under construction.
A graphical enhancement mod for Far Cry 2 using a custom built configuration of SweetFX to make the game look truly incredible. Shadows, lighting and...
The latest version of Finos Editor Mod. Adds more items, such as usable weapons and the DLC's vehicles. Unlike other versions, this one has working respawning...
No mods were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the mod list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.