Hello everyone! The video contest 2011 has ended. There was unfortunately not much competition, so declaring the winner was easy. See the video below.
Regarding that this was a story driven video, and the author asked me to give a review of his video if it were a real competition, here goes:
- Story Driven Videos:
- - Story cohesion. -> 19. Simply, everything was in order to have a strong story, giving this a very high score.
- - Story execution. -> 18. The story was executed very well, especially due to the use of the subtitles and the scripting.
- - Camerawork quality. -> 18. Camerawork is very well, also due to the scripting. There were some moments though, that the main field of action was out of view. We don't know if this was intentional or not, but this gives me enough reason not to give a 20/20.
- - Video compilation quality. -> 19. In short: Excellent, but not entirely perfect.
- - MU4 Content %. -> 15. The video showed a bit of MU4 content, like missile boats, yuuzhan vong invasions, along some other stuff. Still, it didn't show everything which was possible. It does get a 15/20 because it's hard to put a lot of MU4 content in.
- - Boredom + Length (Longer videos which won't get boring score higher). -> 15. In short: the beginning could have been better, but it also served to explain the storyline.
All around score: 17.3/20.
The next video contests.
There will be more video contests in 2012. Yes, I said Contests. Likely, one will be hosted in march, with the final video submission date being 31st of march, and one around the same time in the year as this video contest. The same rules for the contest apply for the video contests 2012 as they did in the video contest 2011.
How to submit.
Submitting can be done by posting a comment here, with a link to the video, or posting a video on the modDB profile, with the text "Submitted for Video Contest 2012." in the video description. It will get automatically listed then. Videos may be submitted to any public video streaming site. You may also provide multiple links. The one with the most views gets counted in the viewer approval counter. You can also send an email to evilteddyxl /at/ gmail /dot/ com with the subject "video contest 2012". General inquiries can also be asked here, or sent towards the email address.
So all in all, congratulations to the winner, and we hope to see more contestants in march!
-End of transmission-