Vector Prime is a Star Wars-themed modification to Haegemonia: The Solon Heritage. Its timeframe encompasses an era from the end of the old republic to the might of the New Republic and the Imperial Remnant. Playable "races" or factions are the Rebellion (later New Republic), the Galactic Empire, and another faction - pirates, civilians, bounty hunters and other indpenedent groups that have always had good influence on intergalactic politics. The modification also incorporates a random map generator, built into the game's launcher for easier functionality, unseen before in the Haegemonia series. From an extended galactic environment to the tactical mastery of the Jedi of the New Republic, you will find Vector Prime to be much more than just a simple graphics modification. Admiral, consider re-thinking your strategies before the next operation.
This is a 3-pack and includes all previous Major Updates as well. Thank you for your feedback. The error concerning the heroes has been corrected. GOG version owners should install into a separate folder and copy and overwrite all files manually, except for the executable.
Major Update 3 introduces a lot of new additions to Vector Prime. I will try to list a few here:
- New nebulae, asteroid fields and mineable asteroids (use the random map generator in the launcher to build maps with these)
- Improved random map generator - doesn't stack up players in one system so bad as before
- Revamped spy system:
Propaganda can now be performed by level 1 spies as well to make up for the lack of laser kill-off, enabling you to conquer planets early as well.
Agents: Galactic Civil War Era+Fighters&Bombers+Spy Technologies; they are not stealthy, but allow for early access to spies. They fly a typical fighter, they can attack targets and perform spying tasks as well; nevertheless, they lack the skills of your average fighter pilot.
Spy: Spy ship+Cloaking Device; the cloaking device tech can be accessed under advanced equipment (also requires galactic civil war era). They fly a lambda class shuttle and have a cloaking device mounted.
- New Main Menu level
- Modified User Interface
- Revamped heroes
- Space Tugs repair damage and collect junk :-)
- Improved AI (could still need adjustment, though)
- Satellite Probes: they are no longer invisible and can be attacked. After you research the cloaking device the invisible spy probe also becomes available.
- 2 new space backgrounds
- Adjusted some minor details... like weapon refire rate
- New ship models courtesy of the FREEWORLDS DEVELOPMENT TEAM. Major thanks to project leader Sushi for allowing us to use their models to replace the old TSH ones.
--> Gallofree Yards Medium Transport (Colony&PopTransport Ship)
--> Lambda Class Shuttle (Spy)
--> Space Tug (utility drone)
--> Luxury Yacht 3000 (diplomat)
And more to come later.
Best of Luck, Admiral!