It’s been a long time… How have you been? After 7 months of silence, we are back with an update!
This is the special occasion. Launch confetti and uncork champagne, it’s 10 year anniversary for the orginal Half-Life: Blue shift! We think this is the great opportunity to bring the silence to an end and finally unveil the new special media update!
A lot happened since the last update. Our team has grown up rapidly, many people joined, few left and huge progress had been done. Development is coming together faster and faster and speed is increasing as we gain new experiences.
There is plenty of interesting stuff in the pipeline. Some off it may come out quite soon, some of it later. We can assure you that it’s pretty interesting stuff and we are excitedly awaiting the day, when we can share it with you. To tease you a bit for our future updates, the second part of the anniversary update will bring short teaser trailer and announcement that will make you happy!
We know you hate those wall of text in the updates, so I think we should just cup it off and get to the media itself.
Level design department has been hard at work to bring in some new shots from various chapters. Each charter is coming together slowly and surely and now, we offer you small insight of what have been done.
All, texture artists and modelers are working day and night in conjuction with level designers to fill up levels with tons of custom props. Part of their stunning work can be seen below.
Help of concept artists is vital to keep progress going. They help us to sort out basic design decisions and details, before we start working on the content itself. You can view some examples by our talented concept artists to get an idea, what talented people are in our team.
On the top of that, we’ve started putting together our soundtrack. For this update, we picked up two brand new tracks, so check it out! They can be found in the download section.
And that’s all guys, for now. Stay tuned for more!
Before we close this update, let me remind you that we are still looking for talented people on these positions:
• Be skilled in 3D Sculpting tools (ZBrush/Mudbox)
• Be able to produce human, aliens other organic models at our request.
• Be able to create a normal map and bake onto a low-poly model.
• Ability to skin the model is a big plus.
• Be skilled in 3D Modeling Tools (3Ds MAX, XSI)
• Be able to produce models at our request.
• Knowledge of compiling the models for use in Hammer and the source engine is a plus.
• Be able to unwrap and skin models!
• Be skilled with animation programs such as XSI.
• Be animate props, characters and weapons.
• Being able to rig is a big plus.