GMDX v6.2 Released
The Deus Ex Advancement Mod Designed Primarily for Immersive Sim Enthusiasts and Deus Ex Fans.
v6.2 Gore - Mod DB
- Tech goggles can see through walls (albeit with short range) at advanced and master environ skill level.
- Demolitions increases blast radius & at master level gas grenades can K.O unaugmented pawns with the initial concussion-inducing blast.
- Combat strength increases melee attack speed in addition to damage to balance out against Microfibral Muscle, and because fun.
- Speed Enhancement produces noise when crouched, therefore making silent running worth a damn.
- Restored Aggressive Defensive System's ability to detonate proximity mines for balancing reasons.
- Increased microfibral muscle throw velocity a touch.
- Implemented Rate of Fire mods.
- Weapon mods are now stackable in the inventory.
- Improved ballistic impact effects further.
- Removed custom glock as rate of fire mods made it somewhat redundant and rebalanced pistol stats.
- Reduced grenade detonation time by 1 second and increased throw range a touch.
- Pepper gun & fire extinguishers are significantly more reliable.
- Minor recoil adjustments.
- GEP gun now accepts clip size weapon mods. Fire rockets in succession, compatible with the new guidance systems too.
- Buffed tranq dart damage so that every human NPC that does not have a helmet, is not augmented or invincible can be K.O'ed with one shot to the head.
- Renamed the assault gun to the name it is given in the blueprints found in-game.
- Increased running anim speed by 5% and melee attack speed by 10% to make them look a touch more convincing.
- AI notice when cameras are beeping at you and hunt in the direction they are looking in. (hardcore mode only).
- Increased running animation rate by 5% to make them look more convincing. Melee attack by 10% (this one also makes them more threatening).
- Nerfed vanilla mib & Wib
- Many changes to barks and pain/death/K.O sounds for realism.
Effects & Audio:
- Significant improvements to gore.
- Heavy EMP damage disables the HUD. Find a way to reboot it.
- throwing objects in water makes a splash effect.
- Added new footstep sounds for when landing from height (currently wood and carpet only, more to come).
- Slowed camera spinning speed upon player death and added screen flash upon death.
- Improved rocket & explosion effects further.
- Minor modification to electricity effects.
- Improved plasma effects further.
- Increased chance of containers spawning trash, less chance to spawn rat.
- Increased number of fragments spawned by deco when taking damage.
- Increased the speed of tracers a touch.
- Significantly increased chances to gib the player from explosives. Originally you could take rockets to the face, you'd die but just flop to the floor instead of becoming mince meat.
- Significant improvements to NYC streets maps.
- Fixed crashing when hacking a terminal in NYC sewers.
- Fixed an AI issues when stealing from one of the triads.
- Distributed rate of fire mods across the game according to the approach in vanilla design.
- Added additional aesthetic detail to a small number of maps.
- Removed liberty island plants present in v6.1.
- Made non-swinging cameras reset view rotation after tagging player (vanila fix)
- Fixed bug that makes carcasses already in a map with a weapon in it's inventory just crap out as it has not got spawned ammotype (vanila fix).
- there was a small variation in the time you could pick up a body you just killed/K.O'ed. This is now removed. (vanilla fix).
- Removed haxor line from GMDX load path.
Note to players of GMDX v6.1 ONLY: this should be fine to install on top of a current playthrough and continue.
This is likely to conclude development of the mod. I may pick it back up again one day.