The Full Combat Rebalance mod is, so far, the biggest modification created for The Witcher. The combat mechanics have been remade almost from the scratch. The aim was to maximize the realism of the gameplay, this way making it more similar to the world created by Andrzej Sapkowski and maintaining the gameplay to the highest possible standard at the same time. The fights have became more brutal, they need more tactics and strategy, but on the other hand the combat system rules have become more logical. We warmly encourage you to test the modification on your own – and experience a completely new game!
Update to version 1.6a. Russian translation added thanks to Delamer.
- Immunities and resistances doesn't properly work in vanilla game. Removed Stun, Falter, Pain and Blind critical effects from enemy attacks because they meant instant-death for player with no way to defend against them.
- Added Russian language support. Translation made by Delamer.
- Made zeugl fight easier by decreasing tentacles' accuracy.
- Decreased boneheads and mutants experiments armor rating in Hard difficulty package.
- Made 'harder monsters' option in installer an integral part of Hard difficulty package.
- Made strong sword style monsters in Easy difficulty pack significantly easier by decreasing their armor ratings.
- Doubled the amount of ingredients one can loot from archespores.
- Restored weapon icons for GUI display in minimalistic interface option.
- Many improvements made to mod's installer.