Enormously expands Star Ruler, introducing: Planetary Invasions: Planetery Planets can now be invaded using millions of troops stored in dropship bays. Stargates: a new hull has been introduced: the Stargate. A massive vessel that allows you to create hyperspace routes through your empire. New Shielding & Repair System: the leaky shield system has been replaced by one more close to popular science fiction. Build your own fleet support ships! Admirals: gain admirals while in combat with crew manned ships. Terraforming: terraform Planets to increase their build slots with a new Subsystem. ... and more.
Expanded Universe 1.3A adds Terraforming on top of standard EU features: New subsystems, new strategies, new technologies, interface additions, restructuring of key windows, with variations on standard subsystems to add more depth and variety to the base game. See the description for more details!
I've named this version 1.3a because it is released ahead of schedule, so that people can enjoy the new fixes of the new Patch. I've made minor modifications to some systems, but especially the implementation of the new personality system for AI opponents took a while. With 1.3b, the AI will get additional ships and I'll see how many of the announced features will make it in. Biggest addition of 1.3 is Terraforming, scoll a bit down to find out what that is
As always, report anything odd and make sure to voice any suggestion you might have. Have fun!
A full list of new subsystems and other changes in 1.3A is available here due to news post character limit constraints: the Mod's thread on the Star Ruler forums
- Terraform Planets to increase their build slots with a new Subsystem
- Terraform all Planets that have less then 20 slots to up to 20 Slots
- Terraforming is very expensive and time consuming, but well worth it
- Design your Terraformers how you like them: What scale, how many modules per ship...
- Everything is automated: Just build a Terraformer, issue the order and it'll terraform the planet until it reaches the highest possible level or ordered elsewhere
- See the progress of your efforts in the lower middle screen when clicking the planet
- The less the initial slots, the more the time cost to terraform a planet, as every following terraforming attempt will take 10% more time.
You can now gain Crew-Experience (except civilians!), which currently provides a 20% Bonus on damage and repair rate when at 100 XP, 10% when at 50% and so on. Takes some time to reach that, though. Note that Computer controlled ships do not gain experience, no matter if there is a bridge on the ship or not (to prevent exploits)
- SRDominator for his StarNames.txt
- hatemonger for his idea to display the distance between objects in a mouse overlay
- MajorCain for creating several of the new subsystem pictures
- eRe4s3r - for releasing his subsystem graphics
and of course to GGLucas, for answering all my questions and giving an amazing 24/7 support!