Thanks for all your feedback and suggestions since we launched, we've listened to a lot of them and it's great to see how the community's ideas are helping to shape the mod.
Today we officially launched patch #1 which has been in closed testing for the last week, we think you're really going to like it! The change log is way too big to list here, but here's a quick overview...
- Added more user-suggested widescreen resolutions (including 1920x1080) in SP
- Added a new fatigue system to gunners which effects accuracy
- New radar in the HUD in MP
- Fixes for random character spawns in SP (as well as many more little tweaks and fixes to the SP)
- Further fixes to the saber system
- New death effects and saber clash effects in MP
- Redesigned menus in SP
- New sound effects
- Improved launcher and update system
- Fixes to exploits and bugs in MP
- Overhauled force lightning and push system in MP
- Updated balancing between classes in MP
- Patches to memory leaks causing map change crashes and more in MP
There are even more changes, but the list would be too long to display here! It's been hard work getting the patch finished, but we really hope you'll like all the new fixes and features.
It's really simple to update to patch #1. If you're downloading Evolution of Combat IV for the first time today you don't need to worry, the ModDB download has been updated to include the patch. If you've already got the game installed, you just need to follow these simple steps to update your game, essentially all you have to do is download the updater and allow it to install the new files.
Here are a few screenshots of the new features in action...
^ The new singleplayer pause screen (this new theme is carried across all menus)
^ Updated lightning effects (it's easier to see in-game!)
^ The new radar
We're looking forward to seeing everyone in-game! Remember you can keep up to date with us here on ModDB, or alternatively follow us on Twitter @EoCIVnews for smaller updates that aren't big enough for a news post! If you need any help updating to patch 1, also don't forget about our Discord chat. There's a great community over there that will be willing to help!