Evolution of Combat IV is a total conversion mod for Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy adding a brand new class system, improved saber combat, movie realistic characters and a wide range of other tweaks and improvements.

Forum Thread
Patch #1 is now live. (Games : Star Wars: Jedi Academy : Mods : Evolution of Combat IV : Forum : Developer Updates : Patch #1 is now live.) Locked
Thread Options
MattFiler
MattFiler Developer
Jan 30 2016 Anchor

Patch 1 is now live and available to download!

If you're downloading EoCIV for the first time today, don't worry - the patch will be included in your download. If you downloaded EoCIV before today, you'll need to download our updater to update your game. Follow these steps to download and install the patch.

There are tonnes of fixes and new features as suggested by the community, we really hope you enjoy it!

Jan 30 2016 Anchor

Having massive trouble with the patch. if i uninstall the mod and redownload and install will it work okay and come already patched?

Played the mod for the first time last night and was loving it btw!! excellent work!

MattFiler
MattFiler Developer
Jan 30 2016 Anchor
Kingbeelee wrote:

Having massive trouble with the patch. if i uninstall the mod and redownload and install will it work okay and come already patched?

Played the mod for the first time last night and was loving it btw!! excellent work!

What issues are you having? You can redownload the entire mod if you want to, but you should be able to update following these steps.

Jan 30 2016 Anchor

An error has occured. Please make sure you have installed Evolution of Combat IV correctly.

Also, when I open EOCIV it gives me the same message saying that I still need to download it but I already did.

Jan 30 2016 Anchor

These were the problems i was having, so i went into control panel and uninstalled the patch, then reinstalled it, making sure the file destination was corect (the gamedata folder under steamapps, not lucas arts) and then launched the game using an exe file and it patched to 2.0 and now works, but the menus are all completely different

Is this what the menus are meant to look like now?WP 20160130 15 16 10 Pro

MattFiler
MattFiler Developer
Jan 30 2016 Anchor

Yeah menus should look like that.

You'll get the "not installed correctly" error if you haven't got all the files (e.g. not installed in with JKA, etc).

Jan 30 2016 Anchor

I have problem with custom npcs. Like when I spawn Darth Vader, istead of him it will spawn Desann and a lot of more npcs. And where is ultimate power or the button which gives you maximum powers?

Jan 30 2016 Anchor

This patch is crazy good , you did a huugeee and beautiful work !! It felt exactly like "tonnes of fixes and new features", or more in my feeling like thousands of tiny details were added/removed/transformed to a better and smoother experience who makes the immersion ingame VERY good.
Congratulations and THANKS !

MattFiler
MattFiler Developer
Jan 30 2016 Anchor
Adrian13sk wrote:

I have problem with custom npcs. Like when I spawn Darth Vader, istead of him it will spawn Desann and a lot of more npcs. And where is ultimate power or the button which gives you maximum powers?

We'll have to look into the NPC spawn issue. We are still working on NPCs and it's something we will keep improving.

The Jedi Master button was removed from the pause menu.

Snorisson wrote:

This patch is crazy good , you did a huugeee and beautiful work !! It felt exactly like "tonnes of fixes and new features", or more in my feeling like thousands of tiny details were added/removed/transformed to a better and smoother experience who makes the immersion ingame VERY good.
Congratulations and THANKS !

Thanks for the response! Glad you're enjoying it.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.